Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skyrim VR

Options
  • 22-03-2018 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

Thought we should have a thread on this :D

Anyone else looking forward to making fireballs with their hands and battling dragons from the air?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

YES!

Never played the non-vr version properly, really looking forward to this. I think the engine and combat style will lend itself much better than FO4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Thought we should have a thread on this :D

Anyone else looking forward to making fireballs with their hands and battling dragons from the air?

As a sneaky stealth Archer my calves and arms are in for a workout ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I wonder if voice commands work?
    We would terrorize the neighbours as we shout dovahkiin!!!!

Not sure , but if they don't
    https://voiceattack.com/
    or
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/601780/VoiceWarrior/
    (which is cheap as part of a deal on fanatical at the moment)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'd say it'll be same as PSVR version, but with higher res.

So no voice commands, but excellent otherwise.

• Advertisement

Been playing it tonight , fantastic so far!

Wow and I'm still in the cart!

The feedback with the bow at the beginning is insane, actually feels like a bow sting in the hand.

I hope the controller scheme for the rift is patched in to fo4.

Welcome to the family son!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Balls

Im going to cave and buy this tonight so.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I played a few minutes on the vive.. as far as Whiterun.

Not really feeling it tbh, I never cared for Skyrims graphics on a flat screen, not sure that VR will do anything but increase my antipathy

Apparently your hit box is huge and offset from your VR view which is a pretty big bug

• Advertisement

Bah, managed to cock up the jump then fast travelled then got motion sick then came on boards.

Tried again, is making me motion sick. Bugger. Might try the FOV filter thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

So before I start this in VR should I bother with any mods or just try it vanilla?

Just signed up with Nexus but no idea how straightforward using mods is.

I take it all back, I'm enjoying it so far

TheKells wrote: »
    So before I start this in VR should I bother with any mods or just try it vanilla?

Just signed up with Nexus but no idea how straightforward using mods is.

I'd go vanilla tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Had to stop within an hour because of motion sickness but the entire time I was stuck in sneak mode. Tried changing the physical sneak setting but that just made my camera higher or lower, still stayed in sneak mode.

I think physical sneak thing just sets it so sneak is set by you physical crouching

There's a way to get out of sneak mode but i took me a while to figure it. I think you hold down the grip buttons for a bit

Dismounting a horse is fiddly too

I've lasted an hour or two before the motion got to me

I'm playing at 1.5 super sampling (tray tool) and the High pre-set and although it's a little dated - which seems to suit VR - wow it's pretty.

I'm playing this like I always want, but never do, play a Bethesda RPG. Slowly walking around chatting to everyone, looking in all the nooks. Really enjoying it which is unusual as although I love Fallout the Elder Scrolls games never grabbed me until ESO. ESO was a great with VorpX for a while.

Motion sickness seems to be abating a bit - the first part is quite intense which doesn't help I think. My only criticism so far. Wandering to Riverrun was a very nice experience indeed.

Going full caster - I understand this can make the game quite challenging?

Do you need to set the supersampling rate, I thought a recent steam update did this dynamically.

Theres an audio mod that givs you 3d audio, check the vive subreddit.

I'm gonna take my time with this, i liked morrowind and oblivion but i just got bored with skyrim when it came out, did'nt care for the graphics at all

Bambi wrote: »
    Do you need to set the supersampling rate, I thought a recent steam update did this dynamically.

Theres an audio mod that givs you 3d audio, check the vive subreddit.

I'm gonna take my time with this, i liked morrowind and oblivion but i just got bored with skyrim when it came out, did'nt care for the graphics at all

I have steam VR SS disabled for Xplane which it conflicts with.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As much as I can't believe we are seeing another full priced Skyrim title, I'd say it's pretty amazing in VR.

• Advertisement

I read the DLC was included in the price but it looks greyed out to me.

Only annoyance I have is that the controller direction goes askew if you're looking around while moving and you have to traverse like a tank to get going again in the direction you're facing, it feels like you're fighting in a bumper car when it happens:eek:

But its very, very good in general. Taking two separate targets out with flames is quite the buzz

Once they start pumping out MMORPG/COOP stuff like this it'll be a race for the next WOW

I read the DLC was included in the price but it looks greyed out to me.

Only annoyance I have is that the controller direction goes askew if you're looking around while moving and you have to traverse like a tank to get going again in the direction you're facing, it feels like you're fighting in a bumper car when it happens:eek:

But its very, very good in general. Taking two separate targets out with flames is quite the buzz

Once they start pumping out MMORPG/COOP stuff like this it'll be a race for the next WOW

There's a setting in the ini that fixes the movement issue you mention( I had problems moving when crouching if I looked down) ..I can't look it up now but I'll post it when I can.

Can I transfer my save file from the original game?

As far as I know the save games from the Special Edition are compatible , not sure about the original release of Skyrim though..

Has anyone looked at their hands in Skyrim VR? Like, man really looked at their hands?

I was standing on the walls of solitude with healing in both my hands just gazing at them , bringing them together and casting the spell

It was beautiful man, far out. Like Jefferson Airplane lyrics

Has anyone looked at their hands in Skyrim VR? Like, man really looked at their hands?

I was standing on the walls of solitude with healing in both my hands just gazing at them , bringing them together and casting the spell

It was beautiful man, far out. Like Jefferson Airplane lyrics

Yeah, playing as a mage in VR is super awesome. I feel like some sort of Sith Lord when using Sparks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

We all know Skyrim, but is this a good VR experience?

Which is better DOOM VFR, FO4VR or this?

Taylor365 wrote: »
    We all know Skyrim, but is this a good VR experience?

Which is better DOOM VFR, FO4VR or this?

What platform are you playing on? I'm guessing PC VR as you mentioned Fallout.

Yeah Skyrim is incredible in VR, particularly on PC with all the hi-res skins. Haven't played Fallout but heard good things.

Doom VFR is best on PSVR with Aim controller imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

mrcheez wrote: »
    What platform are you playing on? I'm guessing PC VR as you mentioned Fallout.

Yeah Skyrim is incredible in VR, particularly on PC with all the hi-res skins. Haven't played Fallout but heard good things.

Doom VFR is best on PSVR with Aim controller imho.

I can't play them for anymore than 10 - 15 minutes :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

modded the hell out of skyrim SE over the past few years.

GF got my an Oculus Rift for xmas, and I just had to buy Skyrim VR.

Successfully added 112 mods to it after running vanilla for 2 hours.
    It makes a world of difference. Completely refreshing game to play in VR. Best game I've played in years and the VR experience is just mind blowing.

Advertisement