Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭lim4ev

1373 wrote: »
    As a Tipp man , the beating from ye set us on a much better path to victory today . Ye got a long lay off and a day out V cork or kilkenny whereas we got the easiest of all options . I doubt we would have defeat ye in an all ireland

It's all equal now. Congrats to Tipperary

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭giveitholly

big_drive wrote: »
    Looking back now is easy but hammering Tipp in the Munster final probably sent them on a better path which ultimately won them the All Ireland
    The Friday night before the munster final tipperary had a savage training session,Sheedy wasn't thinking of a munster title,he had only one thing on his mind,an all-ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

The Friday night before the munster final tipperary had a savage training session,Sheedy wasn't thinking of a munster title,he had only one thing on his mind,an all-ireland

Ahh that all makes sense then. Tipperary wouldnt have been beaten by 12 points if they hadn't trained so hard om Friday. Thanks for clarifying. Thank God we didnt get to the final then. We would only have been embarrassed by Tipp at full tilt.

slegs wrote: »
    Ahh that all makes sense then. Tipperary wouldnt have been beaten by 12 points if they hadn't trained so hard om Friday. Thanks for clarifying. Thank God we didnt get to the final then. We would only have been embarrassed by Tipp at full tilt.

I can see your sarcasm but I think Tipperary defo held something back in munster final had we got over kk the final would have been so different to munster final, still think we'd have beaten them although would it have been possible to get the players heads right to play a team they beat so convincly I'm not so sure.

I'm only coming around now from that semi defeat

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭letsseehere14

lim4ev wrote: »
    I can see your sarcasm but I think Tipperary defo held something back in munster final had we got over kk the final would have been so different to munster final, still think we'd have beaten them although would it have been possible to get the players heads right to play a team they beat so convincly I'm not so sure.

I'm only coming around now from that semi defeat

Tipp definitely were not at 100% in the Munster final. Some part due to how good we were but some is also due to them pumping long ball all day. It was as if Sheedy was happy for them to fail at that as a learning experience. Bizarre thought I know. Also after their missed that goal chance they gave up. Compare that to going 5 down to wexford with 14 men. Different attitude completely.
    I think we had their beating no matter whatin the Munster final. A Limerick v Tipp all ireland final would have been some day, some buildup, some game. We would have been favourites but it would have been a seriously close game. Tipp usually show up in all ireland finals.
    Hopefully next year. This year we have noone to blame but ourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

how many times do we hear the same rubbish every year , at least be a bit more original about it , something like johnny "the hotpoint " Hayes was sleeping with barrett's missis who used to be maher's girlfriend or something :rolleyes: or sheedy's wife made them dodgy lasagne the night before the game

when coming up with stories i reckon you must try harder F- minus for effort :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭portlaoisepal

Tipp definitely were not at 100% in the Munster final. Some part due to how good we were but some is also due to them pumping long ball all day. It was as if Sheedy was happy for them to fail at that as a learning experience. Bizarre thought I know. Also after their missed that goal chance they gave up. Compare that to going 5 down to wexford with 14 men. Different attitude completely.
    I think we had their beating no matter whatin the Munster final. A Limerick v Tipp all ireland final would have been some day, some buildup, some game. We would have been favourites but it would have been a seriously close game. Tipp usually show up in all ireland finals.
    If my aunt had ba..s she b my uncle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭High bike

No she’d be a balls of an aunt

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭letsseehere14

I was replying to another post. Am I not allowed think in hypotheticals?

Agree 100% with all that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/473777/limerick-hurler-posts-drugs-test-results-to-clear-his-name.html
    Mr Casey also adds: "I would like to think that ye would all know me long enough, and well enough to know that these accusations are totally false!!
    Video doesn't look good, Appears to be handed a small white package, Never saw change given in that form before....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/473777/limerick-hurler-posts-drugs-test-results-to-clear-his-name.html

Despite the fact I can clearly be seen being handed some drugs.

Who knows lads, Ye might of bet Kilkenny had ye laid off the sneachta ;)

You haven’t seen the video so.

Despite the fact I can clearly be seen being handed some drugs.

Who knows lads, Ye might of bet Kilkenny had ye laid off the sneachta ;)
    thats a very serious accusation to make, how do u know what he was handed?

i have seen the video and I can’t see what he was handed , can u?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

I have, I'm guessing you haven't?
    High bike wrote: »
    thats a very serious accusation to make, how do u know what he was handed?

Your right, It could be anything, Sugar or Flour maybe...

I've edited my original post to remove any liability. Ye lads or mods may do the same in your quoted post?

High bike wrote: »
    i have seen the video and I can’t see what he was handed , can u?

Video isn't all that clear, it definitely could be change, tbf, it could be a fair few things. Ultimately you trust the testing or you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

I think the biggest question from all this controversy is this: How is a born and bred Meelick man not playing corner forward for the banner??

BloodyBill wrote: »
    I think the biggest question from all this controversy is this: How is a born and bred Meelick man not playing corner forward for the banner??

Limerick used to extend out as far as Cratloe, hopefully we'll get the stolen land back some day....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Whatever he was handed it just shows the power of smart phones in this day and age,why can't people go out and enjoy themselves and not have to record everything,Even if it was something innocent like change or a receipt, if I was Peter Casey I would be more annoyed with Shane Dowling for recording it and posting it up in a public forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Limerick people might ask the same question re Darragh Fitzgibbon..;)
    Swings and roundabouts, you win some you lose some...!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Lives now in Meelick . Born and bred in Limerick Caherdavin .

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭limerickabroad

I have a couple of thoughts on this whole sorry saga . . .

1) I wouldn't blame Shane Dowling at all. He put an entirely innocent video up on social media, which was then cropped and zoomed, to make something entirely innocent look bad. Would be a shame if Shane's natural outgoing nature was affected by this

2) If you think about it for a second, the whole story is ridiculous. High-profile inter-county hurlers, in a bar surrounded by 30 strangers, with CCTV, with phones everywhere, and people think somebody is just going to hand over a bag of drugs in the middle of all that? FFS

3) I would think Peter Casey has an open-and-shut case of defamation, if he wants to go down that route. The suggestion, now entirely disproven, that he was in possession of illegal drugs in public, is very serious, and was publicly shared on Twitter and elsewhere (not just in private WhatsApp messages). Sue, Peter, sue!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭893bet

Updated videos tell a difference sorry.

They were coins.

Videos clearly showing his friend getting drinks at bar, putting them on table and immediately handing him his change.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

People realise that a cocaine test can be passed roughly 3 days after taking the drug. So whether he took it or not the test is pretty irrelevant.

But anyway I'd be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt given the video is pretty poor quality and impossible to come to any sort of conclusion on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

No smoke without fire.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

No smoke without fire.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Whatever he was handed it just shows the power of smart phones in this day and age,why can't people go out and enjoy themselves and not have to record everything,Even if it was something innocent like change or a receipt, if I was Peter Casey I would be more annoyed with Shane Dowling for recording it and posting it up in a public forum

The recording of nights out really boils my piss. Dowling is surely 27/28, would want to grow up a bit.

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    Lives now in Meelick . Born and bred in Limerick Caherdavin .

All belonging to him are from Clare

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    The recording of nights out really boils my piss. Dowling is surely 27/28, would want to grow up a bit.

Dowling might have seen his chance to get rid of the competition for corner forward

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Dowling might have seen his chance to get rid of the competition for corner forward

Jesus wept

Advertisement