Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company car insurance and NCB

Options
  • 05-01-2018 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

My OH and I each hold separate private car insurance policies for 20 years. We are both directors of a company she set up. We are interested in buying an electric car through the company.
    Can my OH insure the car through the company and still retain her no claims bonus? I've read that you automatically lose your old NCB after two years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Hi
    Got all information from other thread thanks.
    Babybuilder

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Giotto

I was wondering if you managed to get a reasonable insurance quote?
    I am also looking at getting an EV through my company. It looks like the premium will be far more expensive than getting the same car in my own name.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭spakman

Giotto wrote: »
    I was wondering if you managed to get a reasonable insurance quote?
    I am also looking at getting an EV through my company. It looks like the premium will be far more expensive than getting the same car in my own name.
    Thanks

Hi, where did you get your insurance from? I'm looking now and even getting a quote is challenging!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

I would also be interested in knowing whom you obtained the company Insurance through, and was there a significant increase than if held in your own name, as have heard stories where the cost is a multiple than if in individual name.

Advertisement