Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Father biological father in crypus at 30.

Options
  • 17-12-2018 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was recently informed by my mother that my biological father is from crypus and the man i thought was my real father for my whole life is not blood related. This was a massive shock for me as i was led to believe that for 30 years that my father in ireland that took me on is not auctually blood related. Not that it matters he will always be my father as he brought me up but i still have to find my real father and im not sure how to go about this? i have ordered an ancestry kit to find out more but tracking him down is proving difficult. The one thing i do know is he is from aiya napa crypus and i have his full name also. Would anyone have any ideas how i would go about finding someone in another country with just a name?. Any help would be much appresiated ive tried facebook instagram etc with no joy. He would be in his 60s at an estimate This an issue that is troubling me quite deeply at the minute. I must track him down. He dosnt even know i exist. Its been such a shock for me i can only imagine how he will take it when i eventually track him down..Any one any ideas?? im new on here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Can you employ any kind of local PI services that have better access to records over there?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'd suggest the voter registration records would be a good first port of call- you're lucky in some respects, Cyprus' records are impeccable and they have only a smidgen over 500,000 eligible voters. This is a public record- however, I'm not au fait with the Cypriot system and how you'd go about accessing it. I'd suggest that you're probably better doing the search yourself- however, if you contact the Cypriot Consul for Ireland (they have a nice consulate on Leeson Street)- they might be in a position to give you some guidance. The Cyprus consulate website for Ireland is here

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

You could look for expatriate forums to give you some advice as it will be english speakers living in Cyprus so may be able to point you in the direction of ways you can track him down?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I would get a paternity test from your father first.

Your mother could be lying. Especially if there are issues between them.

Confirm the story before you go off on a wild goose chase.

Advertisement