Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeebRock II - Music Shows on BBC Four, Sky Arts and everywhere else

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Incredible job skid X as always , merry Christmas to you

• Registered Users Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Phil is a legend but he must have been drunk and/or high when coming up with that idea.

Thanks as ever Skid and I hope you don't run out of E-180s over the festive period :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Hats off to you Skid X!!! Thats an exceptional job!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,943 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Thanks as always Skid, and Merry Christmas! :)

Can you use E-180’s on a Betamax (VHS players never made it to Holyhead :( )?

Looking forward to BBC Four heading into 1987 for TOTP...sophistipop, here we come! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭BandMember

As always, thank you very much Skid!

Happy Christmas to you and all the regulars here (I won't name you as I'm bound to forget someone, but you know who you are) - hope ye all have a good one, enjoy the music stuff and whatever else you fancy..... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Skid X wrote: »
    12.40am Film: This Is Spinal Tap (TG4)

This always reminds me of Spinal Tap:

:D

FRANKIE
    SAYS...
    WHY
    DID
    WE
    RECORD
    A
    SECOND
    ALBUM?

Did Holly Johnson grab the guitarist’s, er, equipment?! :eek:

And I thought he was such a well brought-up boy.

FRANKIE
    SAYS...
    WHY
    DID
    WE
    RECORD
    A
    SECOND
    ALBUM?

Cuz the record label said so ;)

‘French Kissin’ In The USA’ - absolute classic :)

• Advertisement

Five Star sh1tting out another single.

Those costumes! My eyes! Ze goggles, they do naffink! :eek:

“The new Wham!”

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Thanks for all the work during the year Skid. Here's to many more.

Happy xmas to you and yours.

As for the rest of ye, scumbags, maggots, f@ggots. Happy christmas yer ar$es.

A few goodies coming up on TG4

https://www.hotpress.com/music/rory-gallaghers-1974-irish-tour-documentary-broadcast-christmas-22763798
    https://www.hotpress.com/music/rory-gallaghers-1974-irish-tour-documentary-broadcast-christmas-22763798

Rory Gallagher Irish Tour 1974 will be broadcast on TG4 at 10.30pm on December 30.

‘The Rolling Stones: Live At Hampton Coliseum’ - The hugely successful Rolling Stones American Tour of 1981 culminated with a stand-out live performance on 18th December of that year; also becoming the first ever music concert to be broadcast on television as a pay-per-view event. The footage from this event has now been diligently restored and the sound has been newly mixed to fully enhance this stand-out concert from the Tattoo You tour. Including Rolling Stones classics from their catalogue and a legendary altercation between Keith Richards and a stage crasher.

‘John Mayall & Eric Clapton: 70th Birthday Concert’ - A special 70th birthday celebration in honour of John Mayall.

‘Bob Geldof and The Boomtown Rats’ - play live to a sell-out crowd at London's Dominion Theatre in 1985, in support of their last album together, In The Long Grass. They performed their number one hits Rat Trap and I Don't Like Mondays as well as many other hits.

‘Nina Simone: Live at Montreux 1976’ - Filmed live in 1976 at the Montreux Jazz Festival, a powerful performance from one of the greatest jazz singers of all time, Nina Simone who was one of the greatest female vocalists of the 20th Century.

‘This is Spinal Tap’ - Spinal Tap, one of England's loudest bands, is narrated by film director Marty DiBergi on what proves to be a fateful tour.

Up the Irons!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Wow, TG4 have some fine shows there. Nice one sligojoek

Mmm...he is dreamy.

But enough about Gary Davies, this Nick chap is quite good-looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Joey Tempest vs. Jon Bon Jovi...it's a hair off!

Happy Christmas Skid, thanks so much for all the work you do, it's hugely appreciated.

Wonder what Holly Johnson makes of all the warbling from these two. Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Outstanding listings, Skid. Well done, thanks for doing it all the time. Brilliant.

Quick mention for Springsteen on Broadway on Netflix. My personal listings have it pencilled in for Stephen's Day evening.

And, I may be going crazy, but I can't see The Blues Brothers anywhere in my RTE Guide. Has anyone seen it mentioned anywhere? Hang on, it's on Netflix too, isn't it?

Merry Christmas Everybody! Don't let the bells end!

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, my beloved The Darkness are on the The Great British Bake Off Christmas Special, Channel 4 8pm Christmas Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Oh yeah, my beloved The Darkness are on the The Great British Bake Off Christmas Special, Channel 4 8pm Christmas Day.
    This should not be happening. It's wrong. The laws of physics should prevent this event from occurring.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    This should not be happening. It's wrong. The laws of physics should prevent this event from occurring.

Yeah. Some baking crap interfering with a Darkness special.

That's the world we live in.

Official Roy Wood Watch begins!

Where and when will the jolly bearded man appear? :D

Apparently, he has already earned £170,000 this year from radio airplay alone!! :eek:

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Yeah. Some baking crap interfering with a Darkness special.

That's the world we live in.

Justin is no stranger to the white stuff...by which I mean powdered sugar for the desserts.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Apparently, he has already earned £170,000 this year from radio airplay alone!! :eek:

I'll bet he really DOES wish it was Christmas every day :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

"When the postman brings the royalty cheque
    When the postman brings the royalty cheque. .."

"When the postman brings the dough" works better with the tune, doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Gizmo55 wrote:
    Joey Tempest vs. Jon Bon Jovi...it's a hair off!

My vote goes to Joey

• Advertisement

Aska wrote: »
    My vote goes to Joey

I’m also on Team Tempest...much better hair, much better voice. :)

Advertisement