Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We can be a fickle bunch really.

Becky was the best thing since sliced bread a few weeks but even though I still like her, I really want Asuka to win at TLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

jrkb wrote: »
    Pretty much no reaction from the crowd good or bad to DB also they need to shorten his time on the mic he is totally useless.

I actually enjoyed that promo. Much better than last week. It's a testament to Bryan's talent that he can do slimey cretin so effectively given he's so good as babyface.

Smackdown bombed in the ratings too. Went under 2 million and worst in over 2 years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »

Becky was the best thing since sliced bread a few weeks but even though I still like her, I really want Asuka to win at TLC.

I reckon Asuka wins, without pinning either Becky or Charlotte, giving Becky and/or Charlotte the chance to move towards Ronda on Raw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I reckon Asuka wins, without pinning either Becky or Charlotte, giving Becky and/or Charlotte the chance to move towards Ronda on Raw.

Becky vs Ronda and a Charlotte vs Asuka rematch from last years mania but this time Asuka as the champ I'd guess in such a scenario. Becky to win the rumble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Do you want Asuka to win so that Becky can win the Rumble and get that main event match against Rousey?

That's my logic for wanting Asuka to win anyway, killing 3 birds with one stone really in rebuilding Asuka, giving Becky an out, and you can have Charlotte go even more demented since someone else beat Becky

Do you want Asuka to win so that Becky can win the Rumble and get that main event match against Rousey?

That's my logic for wanting Asuka to win anyway, killing 3 birds with one stone really in rebuilding Asuka, giving Becky an out, and you can have Charlotte go even more demented since someone else beat Becky

Not really although that would be a cool by-product of it if that happened.

I just think Asuka is very good and should get a title reign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Not really although that would be a cool by-product of it if that happened.

I just think Asuka is very good and should get a title reign.

True that and as we see with Becky, months or years of poor booking can be turned around if things are just done right so we could see the Asuka we thought we'd get after NXT yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,891 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Becky kicking ass again
    Charlotte calling me out on TV and online for “missing time.” Again, The Man will just provide the truth in the face of lies.

https://twitter.com/beckylynchwwe/status/1071138710006185984?s=21

Saucy, by today's standards at least.

They're apparently best friends so they must be having good craic behind the scenes with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Saucy, by today's standards at least.

They're apparently best friends so they must be having good craic behind the scenes with this.

Yeah I’d say they must be, coming up with new ways to slate one another. Becky is destroying her though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Hooolly ****

Potential MOTY candidate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭ThePott

That's amazing, all up for more crossover between the brands.

Hope they get some decent time too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bell rings followed by kick in the balls. Over.

And askua/Charlotte as well if they get time were in for a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Potential MOTY candidate?

Maybe WWE TV cause NXT or elsewhere? Hell no!!

Trialling Ali for the main shows? They're in need of faces and I think he's bigger than Bryan so he definitely won't look out of place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,902 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ali looks like a mix between Rollins and Reigns

Decent match though,the new Daniel Bryan is a prick. He won't be doing any charity things I'd say

Cool seeing Asuka beating the snot out of Charlotte and Becky with the kendo stick although it probably means she hasn't a prayer on Sunday.

• Advertisement

Paige and Shane should be happy the 2 guys only charged 5000 each. After how Shane fought they could've been paying a lot more in damages.

**** that was cringy

Paige was an actual good gm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Its Vince

F**kin Naomi.

Man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man. Gone right off Becky.

This match is pox. Every thing is so slow, it looks like it's practice session.

That womens match was a load of crap. Beckys momentum has been killed. Why dont they let becky or charlotte join the announcers during the match, instead of sitting there at ringside like plebs?

They should obv put Niki Cross on SD with Sanity and actually do something with them

Lacey Evans- and EC3- SD

Heavy Machinery could so well on Raw vs AOP/Revival etc

Lars Sullivan- Raw with the other monsters

• Advertisement

Unlike Raw, Smackdown actually did feel like they had freshened it up. Mind, I don't think Smackdown needed it nearly as badly as Raw though.

Harsh on Paige to lose the GM position, and I don't see why they couldn't keep her there. She has easily been the best Face GM they've had for...well, possibly ever.

Also, the women's segment was rough cause they booked Asuka poorly; she's not got the mic skills to stand up to Becky and Charlotte so when Becky called her a paper champion unopposed, it made her look weak. Vince did nothing but bury the others either.

The positve, though, was that Mustafi Ali had a massive rocket strapped to him. The tag division has gotten a boost too. There's genuinely good, fresh midcard feuds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,353 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man. Gone right off Becky.

the minute they put 'I'm the man' on her TitanTron, I knew they'd destroy it.

we can't have anything nice because these fúckers ruin everything by having to try and market the shít out of it until it's stale and complete bollocks.

See 'Women's Revolution'.
    See the 'Yes Movement'.
    See 'Suplex City'.

Fúck you Vince.
    Fúck you right in your couldn't give a sh hate wrestling, laugh at the fans, obsessed with money fúcking ass.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    They should obv put Niki Cross on SD with Sanity and actually do something with them

Lacey Evans- and EC3- SD

Lars Sullivan- Raw with the other monsters

I could see Lacey going to Raw since herself and Charlotte kinda look similar imo

SlickRic wrote: »
    the minute they put 'I'm the man' on her TitanTron, I know they'd destroy it.

Her character is not destroyed yet but have faith they'll get there quicker than most.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

PTH2009 wrote:

Haha. Have you seen how they book tag teams in WWE? They'll be another generic team within about 6 weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Also Naomi - who gives a continental F about Naomi? Absolutely moronic booking.

• Advertisement

I also liked Paige as GM. She was just kinda neutral and wasn't overbearing.

It's really annoying when WWE do this thing where they say we're shaking things up, it's gonna be fresh and great and then put on a decent show. It just shows they know the problems and couldn't be arsed fixing them. Decent show though, hope this means more Almas, Sanity, Good Brothers and Ali too.

As far as the call-ups go, not really a great group but I'm gonna assume.
    Raw: Lacey Evans, Heavy Machinery, EC3. I don't think Lacey fits in with the Smackdown women, Raw's tag division needs a boost and relies more on comedy teams so they fit in, EC3; cocky guy and is a good promo, Smackdown has Miz for that.
    Smackdown: Nikki Cross, Lars Sullivan. Already fought on Smackdown and Sanity are there, How many monsters does Raw need?

Weren't all those guys announced for raw already

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Necro wrote: »
    Haha. Have you seen how they book tag teams in WWE? They'll be another generic team within about 6 weeks.

Yep, 100% and 6 weeks after that they'll prob ether have them split or them doing a dancing gimmick.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »

It was announced new faces were coming, I think they slightly implied they were coming to Raw and Smackdown.

ThePott's split would be perfect if you ask me.

• Advertisement

Lars Sullivan is only 6ft 3

which is tall but hes not quite a giant compared too Braun, Big Show, Kane etc but his 'Monster' side comes from his power

Have a band Gene Snitsky vibe off him

sky88 wrote: »

They showed the same promo during Smackdown so presumably they will be split. 6 new people thrown into Raw would be pointless anyway.

Lars isn't as tall but he does have a monstrous physique that would fit right in.

And where would Kevin and Sami go? Were their promos on Smackdown as well? Don't think I saw them.

Was there any reason given for removing Paige, since she was doing a really good job and seemed natural in the role? She's definitely not the one to blame for any problems.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And where would Kevin and Sami go? Were their promos on Smackdown as well? Don't think I saw them.

Was there any reason given for removing Paige, since she was doing a really good job and seemed natural in the role? She's definitely not the one to blame for any problems.

I figure since ratings were down, they had to "let her go" too but she's a face so they were less asshole-y about it and gave her a big bualadh bos.

https://twitter.com/GIFSkull/status/1075230888026300416

Bryan got very lucky here if he isn't injured

I really think they need to stop calling it Smackdown Live now. Next week, for example is not live. Same with episodes recorded in England.
    And 205 Live is still using that name even though it's no longer live

Kevin and Sami were only shown on Raw so I assume that's where they'll stay. Wouldn't make much sense to move them anyway.

ThePott wrote: »
    Kevin and Sami were only shown on Raw so I assume that's where they'll stay. Wouldn't make much sense to move them anyway.

And Raw badly needs the extra fire power at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Becky vs Asuka @ RR

Grand! Becky to win and face Ronda at WM :cool: So happy to see Becky finally getting to shine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement