Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

mgkelly wrote: »
    That's quite some list!
    Would be surprised to see a jazz icon like Kamasi Washington there, but who knows.
    So, The House of Love back; that's something to see! Listened to a lot in early 90's.

Thanks MG. Kamasi played Beatyard last year & has done a fair few fests in recent years (eg Wilderness, Coachella) so we can always hope.

HOL played Roundhouse recently, been doing small fests in UK for 6/7 years but no Irish gig yet. Long long overdue.

Microdisney playing Vicar St in Feb. Must surely be a big shout for EP unless another fest grabs them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Too much time on my hands tonight. Here's my EP wish list for Santa:

Tame Impala
    LCD Soundsystem
    Murder Capital
    Touts
    Seamus Fogarty
    Fontaines DC
    Shane McGowan (yes, back playing)
    Damien Dempsey
    Connan Mockasin
    Christine & the Queens
    SLF
    The House of Love
    Wire
    The Pop Group
    John Grant
    The Proclaimers
    Heaven 17
    Blancmange (way better than you'd expect)
    Manic Street Preachers
    Chuck Prophet
    Black Grape
    Oh Boland
    Teleman
    Foals
    The Wedding Present
    Childish Gambino
    Kamasi Washington
    The Streets
    Kool and the Gang

Just a few of those please Mr. Claus and I'll be forever grateful.

Childish Gambino needs to be bumped up to the top end of this list ;)

The war on drugs are definitely due an Irish date soon, but not sure if touring in 2019. Edit forgot they played forbidden fruit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Microdisney playing Vicar St in Feb. Must surely be a big shout for EP unless another fest grabs them.

Sadly not by the looks of it. Playing Cyprus Avenue in Cork in February too but said this about it: "We're definitely not planning to resume operations as a working musical combo, though. Once again, we've been taken by surprise by the extent of demand to see the show on February 18th, and we've decided to add one last show in Cork on 19th February. However, that's it. We've really enjoyed playing and spending happy time together, but we all have other matters needing our attention, and it's to those things which each of us will be returning after this trip.”

So, if anyone wants to see them live, it's now or never!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Has he been announced for anything around July - August?

Not yet but he's rumoured for Coachella this year and last time he played that he also played Ireland and Scotland as well although that was mid July. There is talk in the WATMM forum of a bunch of 2019 festival dates, so fingers crossed.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Too much time on my hands tonight. Here's my EP wish list for Santa:

Tame Impala
    LCD Soundsystem
    Murder Capital
    Touts
    Seamus Fogarty
    Fontaines DC
    Shane McGowan (yes, back playing)
    Damien Dempsey
    Connan Mockasin
    Christine & the Queens
    SLF
    The House of Love
    Wire
    The Pop Group
    John Grant
    The Proclaimers
    Heaven 17
    Blancmange (way better than you'd expect)
    Manic Street Preachers
    Chuck Prophet
    Black Grape
    Oh Boland
    Teleman
    Foals
    The Wedding Present
    Childish Gambino
    Kamasi Washington
    The Streets
    Kool and the Gang

Just a few of those please Mr. Claus and I'll be forever grateful.

Heaven 17 are playing that "80s festival in Belfast on August 3rd.

No excuse for EP not to nab them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Heaven 17 are playing that "80s festival in Belfast on August 3rd.

No excuse for EP not to nab them now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wind up in the Forever Young lineup.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Caught the impressive Fontaines DC last night at the Róisín Dubh. They're still developing and are in need of a few more good tunes but they've four or five crackers and the crowd were going mental for them. Big age range in the audience too. First time I've ever seen the venue have plastic cups instead of glass as they knew there'd be a huge moshpit there. They were right and it wasn't only the kids stuck in it.

Touts, The Murder Capital & Fontaines DC have me very hopeful for the future of Irish indie music. And I reckon we'll see all three back at EP next September.

Sadly not by the looks of it. Playing Cyprus Avenue in Cork in February too but said this about it: "We're definitely not planning to resume operations as a working musical combo, though. Once again, we've been taken by surprise by the extent of demand to see the show on February 18th, and we've decided to add one last show in Cork on 19th February. However, that's it. We've really enjoyed playing and spending happy time together, but we all have other matters needing our attention, and it's to those things which each of us will be returning after this trip.”

So, if anyone wants to see them live, it's now or never!

That's an enormous pity. Never seen them so it's probably Vicar St for me. Maybe they just really don't get along. Otherwise why not milk the cash cow? It's not like their other enterprises are generating much revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Any idea if we should expect to receive the hard copies of the installment tickets in the post this week? Wanted to have it to give as an Xmas present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Any idea if we should expect to receive the hard copies of the installment tickets in the post this week? Wanted to have it to give as an Xmas present.

I didn't get my instalment ticket till a few weeks before the festival so I wouldn't hold my breath! Maybe print off the order confirmation to put in a card?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I didn't get my instalment ticket till a few weeks before the festival so I wouldn't hold my breath! Maybe print off the order confirmation to put in a card?

I've never used installment plan but would imagine they'd wait until after last installment is taken in June before issuing usually?

Oh I thought we had paid in full. I got the original installment plan in Sept. Was sure I paid deposit and then a payment in Nov and Dec.

Oh I thought we had paid in full. I got the original installment plan in Sept. Was sure I paid deposit and then a payment in Nov and Dec.

You have paid in full, that's what I done last year but didn't get my tickets till July/August.

They send them out in batches AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Sorry think you're right. Was getting mixed up with All Together Now. Think they usually wait a few weeks til festival before sending out though

No hassle. I'll just do a screen grab and print that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

No hassle. I'll just do a screen grab and print that.

Try this.
    You can make up a gift receipt / card, with the gig printed on it.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/giftreceipts/

Try this.
    You can make up a gift receipt / card, with the gig printed on it.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/giftreceipts/

Never knew you could do this, brilliant!

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Idles in Iveagh Gardens not great news for hopes of a Stradbally appearance, I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

2017 got before Christmas 2018 as with everything else came much later fairly close to weekend

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Idles in Iveagh Gardens not great news for hopes of a Stradbally appearance, I guess.

I don't get the hype around them. Saw them at Pohoda in 2017 and they were decent but not life-altering. The album is good but I think it's a bad year for recorded when that's near the top of most lists. Or do I need to listen a lot more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I don't get the hype around them. Saw them at Pohoda in 2017 and they were decent but not life-altering. The album is good but I think it's a bad year for recorded when that's near the top of most lists. Or do I need to listen a lot more?

oh, how was Pohoda as a fest?

Was it basically just music or were there other things arts/dance etc

oh, how was Pohoda as a fest?

Was it basically just music or were there other things arts/dance etc

Loved it. Went as my partner is from Slovakia and she recommended it. Some arts stuff but it's mainly music. Some acts there were too poppy for me but indie fans were well-catered for (Sleaford Mods, Jesus & Mary Chain, Alt-J, Thurston Moore, Beak, Slowdive, MIA, Future Islands when I was there). Pretty spacious, nice people and good clean campsites. And cheap as f*ck. Urpiner beer was €1.25 a pint, some craft beer about €1.60 and a meal about €3. The whole weekend cost me about €260 including early-booked flights, train ticket to Trencin, festival ticket, food and beer.

Going again in July though the line-up has started badly (The 1975 as first headliners). Got an early-bird for €89 plus this time I booked a tent with a bed for €59 (an absurdly cheap price compared to Irish or UK festivals) so I'd not have to pay Ryanair to carry my own one. The festival can easily be done for under €350 with some early booking though add a bit extra if you decide to stay in Bratislava or Vienna on the way there or back.

Overall it's pretty great and the good weather is almost guaranteed but if you're considering it I'd hold off until the full lineup is out, probably in January.

Loved it. Went as my partner is from Slovakia and she recommended it. Some arts stuff but it's mainly music. Some acts there were too poppy for me but indie fans were well-catered for (Sleaford Mods, Jesus & Mary Chain, Alt-J, Thurston Moore, Beak, Slowdive, MIA, Future Islands when I was there). Pretty spacious, nice people and good clean campsites. And cheap as f*ck. Urpiner beer was €1.25 a pint, some craft beer about €1.60 and a meal about €3. The whole weekend cost me about €260 including early-booked flights, train ticket to Trencin, festival ticket, food and beer.

Going again in July though the line-up has started badly (The 1975 as first headliners). Got an early-bird for €89 plus this time I booked a tent with a bed for €59 (an absurdly cheap price compared to Irish or UK festivals) so I'd not have to pay Ryanair to carry my own one. The festival can easily be done for under €350 with some early booking though add a bit extra if you decide to stay in Bratislava or Vienna on the way there or back.

Overall it's pretty great and the good weather is almost guaranteed but if you're considering it I'd hold off until the full lineup is out, probably in January.

Great fest find man, my missus is from Poland an I was always considering Opener fest.

Then reading about it i thought twice. No beer in main areas and just a flat airfield. Must look into Pohoda.

Might try Inmusic next year, this year wouldn't do it for me, should have gone last year. Queens, David Byrne and St Vincent for a tidy wee price.

Had a look, Roots should be good. Lykke li is pretty pretty bad having seen her at Big Weekend in Belfast earlier this year. Perhaps a bad set but don't think she has the songs to back her stature in festival bookings.

Great fest find man, my missus is from Poland an I was always considering Opener fest.

Then reading about it i thought twice. No beer in main areas and just a flat airfield. Must look into Pohoda.

Might try Inmusic next year, this year wouldn't do it for me, should have gone last year. Queens, David Byrne and St Vincent for a tidy wee price.

Pohoda also on an airfield but has plenty of greenery. Feels spacious. It's a 30k festival whereas Open'er is at least double that and crammed campsites from what Polish pals told me.

Wish I'd gone to Pohoda in 2014 but had no spare cash. Kraftwerk, Sude, Tame Impala, Tricky, Mogwai, Afghan Whigs & loads of others. Looking at the poster now and still regretting missing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

sweetie wrote:
    They've also released two excellent 6 track eps, saw them at primavera and in Whelan's during the year. Doubt they'll still be touring the album in August though.

According to website touring Europe festivals next summer

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Tago Mago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Advertisement