Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

radio nova

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

FanadMan wrote: »
    First time hearing A Merry Jingle by The Greedies. Not on Nova, an Irish "rock" station, but on Planet Rock :(

I'm fairly sure Nova have played that song before and I'm pretty sure that Pat James for one would give it a spin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I'm fairly sure Nova have played that song before and I'm pretty sure that Pat James for one would give it a spin.

Pat is doing an xmas show this Sunday (I think) and I bet he'll play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Pat is doing an xmas show this Sunday (I think) and I bet he'll play it.

Amongst other great tracks....The Dickies, X, The Ramones. .etc

Anyone listening to PR yesterday was treated to NoSweat "Heart and soul"..has our premier rock/guitar based station EVER played this great irish rock band.....I'm guessing not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭prunudo

Anyone listening to PR yesterday was treated to NoSweat "Heart and soul"..has our premier rock/guitar based station EVER played this great irish rock band.....I'm guessing not...

I've heard Ruth Scott play it before to be fair to her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

They probably don't even know who No Sweat are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Kyle More wrote: »
    They probably don't even know who No Sweat are.

No Sweat have been played on Nova plenty of times. John Clarke plays Hear and Soul regularly. Shame their other few songs aren't played.

jvan wrote: »
    I've heard Ruth Scott play it before to be fair to her.
    No Sweat have been played on Nova plenty of times. John Clarke plays Hear and Soul regularly. Shame their other few songs aren't played.

Fair enough...i dont listen so i had to ask...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

Fair enough...i dont listen so i had to ask...:P

Pretty much what Max said. I don't really listen to John Clarke. It's not that his show is bad, not at all, it's just not my cup of tea.

• Advertisement

A lot of the Irish classics and rare Irish songs are played overnight so that their Irish music quota is reached. Happens on a good few stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Anyone hear Joanne McNally on C&L the other day? She had the same voice as Vogue and was talking about her life in London and studying medja. Don't know what the point was. A mate of Lucy maybe?

Great rock station tbf :cool:

A lot of the Irish classics and rare Irish songs are played overnight so that their Irish music quota is reached. Happens on a good few stations.

Shame we dont get to hear them.....only on PR...:P

Havent heard this in years...brilliant....not on ChristmasFM btw....:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0DU4-YJInE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭its_steve116

In how long? 6 years?

Were you listening to Darren Redick today? He played it while I was stuck in traffic and it kept me laughing (and sane) for a while.

Official video

https://youtu.be/CRW2poUfJ34

Were you listening to Darren Redick today? He played it while I was stuck in traffic and it kept me laughing (and sane) for a while.

Official video

https://youtu.be/CRW2poUfJ34

Dont ya mean Dave ..:P.......yeah thats where i heard it....just after Dave Wyatt.....:D

Speaking of Wyatt's...was driving home last night around midnight (its the safe period) listening to nova and Shipbuilding came on..the Elvis Costello version, but imo not as good as Robert Wyatt's go at it....but a "safer" version for nova..even that late ;)......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Gerry Healy seems to have joined the line up. I have heard him a number of times on the station recently. He's on at the moment.

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Gerry Healy seems to have joined the line up. I have heard him a number of times on the station recently. He's on at the moment.

Was going to post about him. Haven't heard him before, seems good. Playing decent songs, sounds like a similar mould to Liam Quigley.
    I would listen a lot more if this was the style of presenter they went for.

Trebor176 wrote: »
    I remember him doing overnights on the station a few years back.

• Advertisement

jvan wrote: »
    Was going to post about him. Haven't heard him before, seems good. Playing decent songs, sounds like a similar mould to Liam Quigley.
    I would listen a lot more if this was the style of presenter they went for.

Its just a shame every ad brake we get to hear that twat Hayes..or a plug for the Cunty and Langer show.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I remember him doing overnights on the station a few years back.

I was going to mention the overnights as well.

My first time to see him was doing the weather on TV3 when Martin King would be away.

He has done stints on Christmas FM too, including the run just finished. He is/was on Spirit FM as well.

Assume he's just another "presenter" rather than a proper music jock...we seem to be starved of these in Ireland, or stations just don't want them....:rolleyes:

Assume he's just another "presenter" rather than a proper music jock...we seem to be starved of these in Ireland, or stations just don't want them....:rolleyes:

Stations don't want them. It's all pretty faces now and no musical integrity :(

Stations don't want them. It's all pretty faces now and no musical integrity :(

Hayes the fcuking shrek.....pretty horrendous. ...:D

Hayes the fcuking shrek.....pretty horrendous. ...:D

Hey......Princess Fiona is cute! :D But think Hayes was taken on as director (or whatever) and just took the dj slot, throwing his influence around.

Hey......Princess Fiona is cute! :D But think Hayes was taken on as director (or whatever) and just took the dj slot, throwing his weight around.

FTFY.....;)

Gerry Healy hosted this RTÈ gameshow in the 90s. He's not on this episode though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I heard somewhere between 45 minutes and an hour of Pat James' Off the Record show on Nova's digital station Classic Rock last night. There was a great collection of tracks that included:
    - Station to Station by David Bowie,
    - two songs from the album On the Boards by Taste (a Rory Gallagher-led band) - First: What's Going On and then (I think) On The Boards (the latter had a jazz feel and featured Rory on saxophone!)
    - Some tune by Howlin' Wolf
    - two songs from the album A Nod is as Good as a Wink to a Blind Horse by the Faces: Stay with Me and Debris. The first does get played quite a bit on Nova and features Rod Stewart on lead vocals. The latter was a Ronnie Lane led tune.
    - full album version of E.L.O's Roll Over Beethoven from the album ELO2.

Great Stuff.

• Advertisement

makes no sense when they moved pat james to the digital only service, in favour of a young presenter, although a musician... but with limited music knowledge

if Nova were hungry for younger / indie listeners for pat james old slot on FM, they should have just moved pat to midnight to 3am.

I heard somewhere between 45 minutes and an hour of Pat James' Off the Record show on Nova's digital station Classic Rock last night. There was a great collection of tracks that included:
    - two songs from the album On the Boards by Taste (a Rory Gallagher-led band) - First: What's Going On and then (I think) On The Boards (the latter had a jazz feel and featured Rory on saxophone!)
    - two songs from the album A Nod is as Good as a Wink to a Blind Horse by the Faces: Stay with Me and Debris. The first does get played quite a bit on Nova and features Rod Stewart on lead vocals. The latter was a Ronnie Lane led tune.

Great Stuff.

That sort of quality is normal on his show. I'm still annoyed that they moved him from main station to digital only but it means that there is 4 hours of music.....no stupid ads or news or voiceovers from Hayes.

makes no sense when they moved pat james to the digital only service, .

Sense doesn't matter when you're Hayes and you don't like someone.....it's Branigans fault...he likes Pat but hasn't the balls to stand up to Hayes.....

Hayes.."hey Branigan, i'm offering Larry a job..so someones going.."...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Hayes.."hey Branigan, i'm offering Larry a job..so someones going.."...

be nice if it was you Brannigan /Hayes

Kamili wrote: »
    be nice if it was you Brannigan /Hayes

doubt if it would be Hayes...he's trying to turn the station into 2fm mk2.......

• Advertisement

doubt if it would be Hayes...he's trying to turn the station into 2fm mk2.......

as in Hayes is saying Brannigan get out cos I want to run the place.

Kamili wrote: »
    as in Hayes is saying Brannigan get out cos I want to run the place.

I think Branigan is just the janitor at this stage..."hey Kev..the bins in the ladies are full..get it sorted.."....:p

I think Branigan is just the janitor at this stage..."..hev Kev the bins the ladies are full...get it sorted..."....:p

7141030980ac0d615b921cf49bbf8d16--funny-picture-quotes-quotes-pics.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Peter Devlin is great in the Drivetime slot. The music selection is fantastic. I know he's only filling in but maybe.....

mickrourke wrote: »
    Peter Devlin is great in the Drivetime slot. The music selection is fantastic. I know he's only filling in but maybe.....

maybe...in our dreams......Hayes won't bow to listeners , it shows weakness.....

• Advertisement

mickrourke wrote: »

Looks like his Saturday show is live now, it used to be pre-recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

Looks like his Saturday show is live now, it used to be pre-recorded.

Have been a regular listener to Peter for almost 2 years now. Some of his shows are live, some are pre-recorded. Tonight he was definitely live, but that could be subject to change next Saturday depending on his personal plans.

Great Stuff.

Uncle Pat has never played a dull tune. Ever.

Kyle More wrote: »
    Pretty much what Max said. I don't really listen to John Clarke. It's not that his show is bad, not at all, it's just not my cup of tea.

Stopped listening to Clarkie altogether. He's not fair to many of his regular listeners.

Don't know about any of you guys, but personally, Peter Devlin filling in on the Nova Drive still is a bit too mainstream for me. You know he only picks a handful of tunes and the rest all come from Nova's system, right?

AlgerShane wrote: »
    Don't know about any of you guys, but personally, Peter Devlin filling in on the Nova Drive still is a bit too mainstream for me. You know he only picks a handful of tunes and the rest all come from Nova's system, right?

Its more about not having to listen to the gobsh1te that is Courtenay........over and under...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Dub Ste

Had Nova on in the office for the first time in ages this morning.

Morty at work plays Duran Duran and Amy Winehouse........Ed Sheeran is waiting in the wings...!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dub Ste wrote: »
    Had Nova on in the office for the first time in ages this morning.

Morty at work plays Duran Duran and Amy Winehouse........Ed Sheeran is waiting in the wings...!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Duran Duran, Amy Winehouse... nothing new.

Duran Duran, Amy Winehouse... nothing new.

nothing new exactly..those artists have been played regularly on Nova.
    I heard Aretha Franklin Respect played by Liam Quigley yesterday, nothing new there either.

Its got to stage now I don't even notice these types of 'rock/guitar' songs being played, now I just don't care.

• Advertisement
Advertisement