Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Is there any realistic way to resolve or at least complain about an apparently massive number of us being arbitrarily locked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭trevezel

well, i guess this is the definition of a ballot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Synode wrote: »
    Have you missed the last few pages or something. It was a ballot. So no matter how high the demand, unless you got an email there was nothing you could do

Yeah I have read the last few pages alright and having not gotten an email following the ballot, I’m quite well aware that there is nothing you can do.

There is high demand but it’s obviously not particularly high amongst those that were successful in the ballot or else all of the tickets would have been gone in minutes like in every other year.

They cited increased demand as the reason for switching from an open presale to a ballot in the first place, yet it would seem that they’re having a third presale tomorrow morning because all of the France tickets weren’t sold first or second time around. It just seems really bizarre.

Kevski wrote: »
    Synode wrote: »
    Have you missed the last few pages or something. It was a ballot. So no matter how high the demand, unless you got an email there was nothing you could do

Yeah I have read the last few pages alright and having not gotten an email following the ballot, I’m quite well aware that there is nothing you can do.

There is high demand but it’s obviously not particularly high amongst those that were successful in the ballot or else all of the tickets would have been gone in minutes like in every other year.

They cited increased demand as the reason for switching from an open presale to a ballot in the first place, yet it would seem that they’re having a third presale tomorrow morning because all of the France tickets weren’t sold first or second time around. It just seems really bizarre.

A presale that it seems most people still haven't been given access to if this thread isn't anything to go by.

I'm still desperate for a way to buy tickets to any of the games and I can't. It's incredibly frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭crisco10

Can anyone share the text if the email sent out today ?? (With any link/code redacted obviously ).

Curious, I got the first dear John email but haven't heard anything for draws 2 or 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

crisco10 wrote: »
    Can anyone share the text if the email sent out today ?? (With any link/code redacted obviously ).

Curious, I got the first dear John email but haven't heard anything for draws 2 or 3.

In the same boat as you. Got the first PFO email and nothing at all since.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shaundolier

Its crazy how much stress and grief this is giving all of us. We might be better off looking for tickets for the world curling championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Just to be clear *per information I was provided by IRFU*.

There was only ONE ballot.

From the one ballot, a list of primary, secondary and tertiary members were created ie. primary and waiting list folk.

What we’re seeing now is tickets being made available to waiting list folk, who would’ve been contacted following the initial (and only) ballot draw.

Email complaints can go to manager@irishrugby.ie - note, this doesn’t go to Schmidt ;)

connundrum wrote: »
    Just to be clear *per information I was provided by IRFU*.

There was only ONE ballot.

From the one ballot, a list of primary, secondary and tertiary members were created ie. primary and waiting list folk.

What we’re seeing now is tickets being made available to waiting list folk, who would’ve been contacted following the initial (and only) ballot draw.

Email complaints can go to manager@irishrugby.ie - note, this doesn’t go to Schmidt ;)

This isn't even remotely clear. Why were you personally told and nobody else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

troyzer wrote: »
    This isn't even remotely clear. Why were you personally told and nobody else?

I rang them on *(081) 871 7117‬ and that’s what was explainined to me. For further clarity, I don’t personally agree with or really understand their process or understand the rationale behind it. I’ve still not received a single email.

• Advertisement

connundrum wrote: »
    I rang them on *(081) 871 7117‬ and that’s what was explainined to me. For further clarity, I don’t personally agree with or really understand their process or understand the rationale behind it. I’ve still not received a single email.

Right, so it's not clear at all. The club is a complete ****ing shambles.

I don't know how many members they have on the books but it must be worth a few hundred grand a year to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Right, so it's not clear at all. The club is a complete ****ing shambles.

I don't know how many members they have on the books but it must be worth a few hundred grand a year to them.

I gave IRFU a call there and the person I spoke to hadn’t really got a club about the process and was unaware that Ticketmaster are counting down to a sale at 10AM this morning so it seems like we’re not the only ones who haven’t got a clue what’s happening.

She also suggested that I send my complaints to manager@irishrugby.ie as previously posted above.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I got a reply from them saying they did this method before, I can't for the life of me remember that (and I'm in years), or did I get lucky and forget? Anyone else remember that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

pc7 wrote: »
    I got a reply from them saying they did this method before, I can't for the life of me remember that (and I'm in years), or did I get lucky and forget? Anyone else remember that?

Not in my time. And I'm a member for years too......not for much longer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It was excellent for the presale for Autumn Internationals and the scarf was nice but definitely didn't appreciate the very poor customer service. Lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Received the following at exactly 10am!

“Due to the unprecedented demand for tickets, it was deemed that in the interest of fairness to all fully paid up supporter members, that a ballot was the fairest way.

We did not know if there would be any tickets not taken (first ballot) so that is why there was no communication in this regard.”

smokybacon wrote: »
    Received the following at exactly 10am!

“Due to the unprecedented demand for tickets, it was deemed that in the interest of fairness to all fully paid up supporter members, that a ballot was the fairest way.

We did not know if there would be any tickets not taken (first ballot) so that is why there was no communication in this regard.”

I didn't even get that email.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

I didn't even get that email.

Only after I emailed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭trevezel

hi everyone, some single tickets for ireland france are now available on ticketmaster.ie but still, you need this ****ing pwd !
    i m really fed up with all this business, its a scandal !
    i can see location of seats on the aviva map but can't do anything...
    who is able to buy these remaining tickets ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I have heard of at least one AIL club who lost a season's ticket allocation after a ticket allocated to them was found to be touted. I know of a junior club who met the same punishment for a similar offence.

IRFU know that clubs will sell/give tickets to corporate partners or sponsors, often at a mark-up, and there's never been an issue on that front.

Where the IRFU will take action is if club tickets appear on touting websites, or are found being touted around the ground on match days.

Basically - the IRFU will turn a blind eye to above-cost selling if the profits are going into an IRFU club.

If it looks like an individual or company is profiting from selling IRFU tickets, then they'll normally take fairly strong action towards any clubs involved.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,087 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

blackwhite wrote: »
    IRFU know that clubs will sell/give tickets to corporate partners or sponsors, often at a mark-up, and there's never been an issue on that front.

Where the IRFU will take action is if club tickets appear on touting websites, or are found being touted around the ground on match days.

Basically - the IRFU will turn a blind eye to above-cost selling if the profits are going into an IRFU club.

If it looks like an individual or company is profiting from selling IRFU tickets, then they'll normally take fairly strong action towards any clubs involved.

Within reason. Clubs might add on 10-20 quid to the price, but you aren't going to see 70 quid tickets going for double money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭blackwhite

awec wrote: »
    Within reason. Clubs might add on 10-20 quid to the price, but you aren't going to see 70 quid tickets going for double money.

Cat 1 and premium tickets are where the mark-ups are added.

Very little, if any, markup on tickets the clubs give to members. It’s the percentage of tickets that they allocate to “sponsors” can go for multiples of face value.

€900 was the rate I heard quoted for 2 Cat 1 tickets to both home 6 Nations game this year. Cost to club is €117 per ticket, and they’re being sold at €225 per ticket. Easy way for the IRFU to indeeectly subsidise clubs

Premium tickets go for a fair bit more when corporates get involved - cost to club is €152 for a premium ticket this season

• Subscribers Posts: 41,822 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

blackwhite wrote: »
    Cat 1 and premium tickets are where the mark-ups are added.

Very little, if any, markup on tickets the clubs give to members. It’s the percentage of tickets that they allocate to “sponsors” can go for multiples of face value.

€900 was the rate I heard quoted for 2 Cat 1 tickets to both home 6 Nations game this year. Cost to club is €117 per ticket, and they’re being sold at €225 per ticket. Easy way for the IRFU to indeeectly subsidise clubs

Premium tickets go for a fair bit more when corporates get involved - cost to club is €152 for a premium ticket this season

Its not mark ups...

its the corporates offering sponsorship to the clubs, and as a thanks are offered the opportunity to purchase tickets at face value.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭stayback

Hi all would anybody have tickets for the Ireland v Scotland was onto my club but they are all gone... based in cork but could meet anywhere...thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,137 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

stayback wrote: »
    Hi all would anybody have tickets for the Ireland v Scotland was onto my club but they are all gone... based in cork but could meet anywhere...thanks

There's thousands of us looking for them. First time in well over a decade with no general sale. They were always easy to pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭stayback

Caranica wrote: »
    There's thousands of us looking for them. First time in well over a decade with no general sale. They were always easy to pick up

Ya I thought they would be handy enough to get .. especially with the game in Scotland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,821 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Asking for a friend and know chances are probably slim but is there any chance any tickets will get to general sale for home 6N matches? (And I know there was huge demand for irfu supporters club so changing my arm really)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Eod100 wrote: »
    Asking for a friend and know chances are probably slim but is there any chance any tickets will get to general sale for home 6N matches? (And I know there was huge demand for irfu supporters club so changing my arm really)
    zero chance.
    clubs, schools, parts of branches and then the supporters clubs all will be over subscribed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Ronney

zero chance.
    clubs, schools, parts of branches and then the supporters clubs all will be over subscribed.

I'll actually give you a 1% chance but its multiplied by a 1% of getting one.

English game is highly unlikely, but with the French game on a Sunday there might be some returns from unsold corporate packages.

These usually pop up on ticketmaster at random times a couple of days/week or 2
    before.

Still some French corporate going for €750

http://www.hospitalitypartnership.ie/packages/the-marian-college-marquee/?event=Ireland+v+France

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ronney wrote: »
    I'll actually give you a 1% chance but its multiplied by a 1% of getting one.

English game is highly unlikely, but with the French game on a Sunday there might be some returns from unsold corporate packages.

These usually pop up on ticketmaster at random times a couple of days/week or 2
    before.

Still some French corporate going for €750

http://www.hospitalitypartnership.ie/packages/the-marian-college-marquee/?event=Ireland+v+France

Hey Romney, could you give us a breakdown of how corporate packages work?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement