Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,877 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hinting about future touring plans, Springsteen said he will be getting “back to my day job” and heading to the UK with the E Street Band in 2019

very good news as it might mean a show/shows over here next year

would love if it was an arena tour and 3/4 nights in the 3arena and 2/3 nights in Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

The album has been recorded years ago at this stage. The project started before Wrecking Ball

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

"Is there anybody alive out there ?".Let's hope a tour happens next year.Heres to Springsteen Out Of Broadway:)

"Is there anybody alive out there ?".Let's hope a tour happens next year.Here's to Springsteen Out Of Broadway:)

SVZ very negative about it on twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    SVZ very negative about it on twitter

He is.I read the article as saying whenever a tour happens,maybe next year that there will be shows in the UK as part of a European tour.People jumping to conclusions that it is a definite.

That's that for 2019 anyway

'Just a note to quell some of the rumors over here on E Street. While we hope to be back with you soon, the E Street Band won’t be touring in 2019. Before I go back to my day job, the year will be consumed with a break after our Broadway run and various recording projects I’ve been working on. We do hope to see you soon, and until then, we have some mighty E Streeters out there regularly performing with their own projects who’d love and deserve your support. All love and Happy Holidays!

- Bruce Springsteen'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Fair play to him for coming out with that. A lot of people would've been holding off on buying things, booking holidays waiting to book flights, hotels etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

The Nal wrote: »
    Fair play to him for coming out with that. A lot of people would've been holding off on buying things, booking holidays waiting to book flights, hotels etc.

and he needs a rest after all those 236 broadway 2 hour shows 5 days a week he did so im not complaining about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

@ dixiefly Re "Didn't Vinny sing Keep Me In Your Heart (Warren Zevon) just before the usual Light Of Day ending"? - Yes, sorry you are correct.

I agree it was the best of the 3 Light Of Day shows in Dublin. I enjoyed all the acts involved but my main interest was Jeffrey Gaines. I first seen him supporting Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers in the Point in 1992. I went to both nights and bought Gaine's debut album straight away and have been a fan ever since.
    How he is not huge I dont know.

Lucky to have met and chatted with him at each of the LOD shows. He actually put up a photo of us from last weeks show on HIS facebook page. Good times.

• Advertisement

oleras wrote: »
    Anymore of those would be appreciated Dr.

As you asked nicely :D Today's release The Roxy 18 Oct 1975 and the best E Street Shuffle ever :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t7l92xjar09e6k5/AADtcNkk3cBkAIu0i76-M1VUa?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭laros

Just picked up the new Broadway recording on cd in Tesco.Paid €13 for a Double cd. Its €15 on the Golden Disc website

Show out on Netflix on Sunday. Can't say I'm particularly enthusiastic about it but Ill give it a watch.

Show out on Netflix on Sunday. Can't say I'm particularly enthusiastic about it but Ill give it a watch.

You'll be blown away, hoping/assuming they capture the live experience which was entertaining, uplifting, sad, joyous and emotional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Wooderson

You'll be blown away, hoping/assuming they capture the live experience which was entertaining, uplifting, sad, joyous and emotional.

It’s **really** good. I think I “get it” now.

The intro to My Hometown is among the best things I've ever seen/heard. Pure poetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Saving it for Christmas day, nice bottle of whiskey, box of chocolates and Bruce......

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Anyone know how its on Netflix for?
    Watched a bit of it last night, was very good.

I've struggled to about halfway through now. Seems to be a longer version of the VH1 Storytellers he did.

I'm not that sort of Bruce fan in fairness so its not for me. I couldn't get through the book or the In His Own Words documentary either. Controversial maybe but I find anyone talking about themselves for that long fairly boring. Even Bruce.

A few of the performance are great though!

He called into EStreet radio yesterday morning.

Main points

He may do something similar to the Broadway thing internationally.

Hes "going back to his day job" doing new music and "rock music" and see where it takes him.

https://www.facebook.com/stan.goldstein/videos/10217737995898588/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I've struggled to about halfway through now. Seems to be a longer version of the VH1 Storytellers he did.

I'm not that sort of Bruce fan in fairness so its not for me. I couldn't get through the book or the In His Own Words documentary either. Controversial maybe but I find anyone talking about themselves for that long fairly boring. Even Bruce.

A few of the performance are great though!

He called into EStreet radio yesterday morning.

Main points

He may do something similar to the Broadway thing internationally.

Hes "going back to his day job" doing new music and "rock music" and see where it takes him.

https://www.facebook.com/stan.goldstein/videos/10217737995898588/

Yeah, Bruce can be quite "wordy" with his stories all right, I felt the same reading his book. I'm still ridiculously looking forward to this though.

Let's all take a minute and imagine it in the Olympia though................

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Yeah, Bruce can be quite "wordy" with his stories all right, I felt the same reading his book. I'm still ridiculously looking forward to this though.

Let's all take a minute and imagine it in the Olympia though................

Oh no doubt. And from what I've heard from people who were there the film and audio release only capture a taste of what it was really like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

my sources say this wont be happening in the Olympia

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

s8n wrote: »
    my sources say this wont be happening in the Olympia

IF it happens, it will be Vicar St. given the Aiken connection

poteen wrote: »
    IF it happens, it will be Vicar St. given the Aiken connection

It won't happen in any Irish venue don't get ur hopes up

Might be lucky in the residents bar of wherever Bruce stays when he's gigging here. Wasant it in some hotel in Kilkenny in 2013 that Bruce along with Glen Hansard and Damien Dempsey played til all hours in the resident bar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It won't happen in any Irish venue don't get ur hopes up

Might be lucky in the residents bar of wherever Bruce stays when he's gigging here. Wasant it in some hotel in Kilkenny in 2013 that Bruce along with Glen Hansard and Damien Dempsey played til all hours in the resident bar ?

Hence the Block lettered IF in my post but its reassuring to know we have someone with your insight on the forum that has 100% confirmed it won't be happening and not to get my hopes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

As you asked nicely :D Today's release The Roxy 18 Oct 1975 and the best E Street Shuffle ever :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t7l92xjar09e6k5/AADtcNkk3cBkAIu0i76-M1VUa?dl=0

Nice one. Do you have any from the Tunnel of Love tour? :)

Nice one. Do you have any from the Tunnel of Love tour? :)

Seeing it's Christmas.....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c08bfpxuxk79cgp/AAC9cVy7A6ibRHbrJ8gDOMVHa?dl=0

LA Sports Arena 23 April 1988

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Thank you so much. A gentleman.

I'll try to put a few more up over the Crimbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭interlocked

Thanks Doc, incredible sound on those.

I've spent most of the night listening to Bruce doing 4 hours in Philly in 2016, thanks to Olli, I don't think Bruce sang anything post 75 until up to about 1.55, and he was only warming up the crowd, would have been worth the flight and another show to follow two nights later.......

Advertisement