Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Band

Options
  • 21-02-2018 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Anyone have any feedback on 80s or 90s wedding bands such as Pump Up the Jam or Pop Gods? Or any other recommendations for similar bands? Smash Hits are booked out and imagine they and Spring Break would be outside our budget anyway. Think 80/90s bands look really fun and a bit different!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ludite

Them maybe https://www.groovecollective.ie/
    Great band!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alanbyrne12

Probably an exhaustive question on here but has anyone came across or used the Professional Wedding Band? We are also looking at the Bentley Boys which I have read numerous good reviews but they are a pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

We had the Bentley boys with the lead singer Michael. He was AMAZING! He DJed also and read the crowd so well, the dance floor was mental and there was only 90 at our wedding!

I've seen the BB at other weddings and actually didn't really like them, they didn't have half as much energy. I think it's all about the singer you choose.

We gave the band a comprehensive list of what we like so they were prepared for us and our taste in Music!

They're pricey but there is room for negotiation if it's not peak peak season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Seen Bentley boys at three weddings. We're always great. Pricey, but worth it.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Seen Bentley boys at three weddings. We're always great. Pricey, but worth it.

Not that theyre not really good at what they do but you can get the same for a lot less, just have to find them. A monstrous marketing budget sees BB at the forefront of searches and adds to the price you pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

GingerLily wrote: »
    We had the Bentley boys with the lead singer Michael. He was AMAZING! He DJed also and read the crowd so well, the dance floor was mental and there was only 90 at our wedding!

I've seen the BB at other weddings and actually didn't really like them, they didn't have half as much energy. I think it's all about the singer you choose.

We gave the band a comprehensive list of what we like so they were prepared for us and our taste in Music!

Highly recommend Eoin as the lead singer too. I saw him at another wedding and he did ours too, couldn't fault him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bubblies

Hi all, has anyone heard of this wedding band and have any feedback on them? Exclusive Wedding Band. Haven't seen many reviews on them online..
    http://www.theexclusiveband.com/?fbclid=IwAR1Ox70Psmgnxot5SHw8t_Fb-xZKdXnULw0Ir-ruiHVU5yYNdefZdE6G57E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

GingerLily wrote: »

Which of the 50 members of the Bentleys did you have? Set play list, unimaginative, play their set and thats it. Dont ask for requests because chances are they won't know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

We had the moogs. Really enjoyable. Played the crowd. Always go to the showcase to see for yourself. Everyones music tastes are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

We had a band called The Blue Romantics at ours recently. Top band, and the singer also does DJ afterwards. PM me if you'd like their contact details.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Which of the 50 members of the Bentleys did you have? Set play list, unimaginative, play their set and thats it. Dont ask for requests because chances are they won't know it.

Gotta say, that’s 100% untrue in my experience. I requested the most ridiculous song to amuse my mum at my wedding, and they played it no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Vote4Napoleon

We had our wedding on 30-12-18, just 2 days ago. We had The Significant Others play for us and I must say they were truly brilliant!!!! It was easy keep the floor full with the way they played, saxophone was the icing on the cake with them. Couldn't recommend them highly enough and Ben the lead singer is a pure gentleman!! Waltzes quickstep lively rock songs everything they played was mind-blowingly good!!!!

Advertisement