Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Vietnam War Rte

• 01-12-2017 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭

Anyone watch this ten part show? Riviting watch. Some trauma from both sides of those involved

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Half way through and brilliant so far. Great selection of footage and interview candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Most scared for life, brilliant interviews in it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,658 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Outstanding documentary series. Seems to have passed a lot of people by. It's quite the commitment, close to twenty hours, but it's comprehensiveness is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

I watched it all. Great documentary with a great soundtrack. I'll probably watch it again sometime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It's very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭tc20

Have watched it on Netflix (finished it recently) and am now working my way through "The War" - also by Ken Burns. It focuses on 4 towns in the USA during WW2 and how they were affected by the war. I hadn't heard of him before, but believe he's done a number of similar documentaries on other conflicts (the US Civil War to name but one)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hotcups

It was amazing. I watched on Netflix and basically binged it over 3 days!

Right after finishing it I watched Full Metal Jacket & Platoon (first time I'd watched either as I never thought I would be a war film fan ... I was wrong. They were both incredible)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I like that they interview all sides as opposed to the one-dimensional History Channel treatments. (Interestingly most of the former VC seem to be interviewed wearing military uniforms and medals, in contrast to the casual wearing US / South Vietnam army people)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Excellent series. The soundtrack was great obviously, with all the contemporary stuff. The original droney stuff done by Reznor and Ross though was excellent too. I can never get enough of Ken Burns. My favourite Burns series is the one he did about the American Civil War. It's a little bit dated now but if you stick with it, it's fascinating watch and goes to show that Divided America is far from a new phenomenon.

Advertisement