Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearms United Network [FUN] associate memberships

Options
  • 08-12-2018 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭

Folks, I'm pleased to announce that Firearms United, is now Firearms United Network,is now offering associate memberships @25 euros.

We are now a recognised NGB and lobby group in the European Parliament, so we now have direct access and a say in any future legislation coming down from the EU. We are not hunting specific like FACE, but concerned with all firearms owners rights in the EU, and will fight any further repressive legislation, as we did the last directive.

As a now EU recognised lobby group, we would also hope that Firearms United Network Ireland [FUNI] will be considered for membership on the FCP in a consultative role on any future EU directive implementations.

From the president
    Tomasz W. Stępień - Firearms United President

***CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY/ŚWIĄTECZNE PREZENTY***

Dear All,

We are finally open for registration!!!! You can sign up as a support member to Firearms United Network. The membership fee to be paid is for 2019.

However, we want to sweeten the deal for you.
    We decided that to support our struggle against politicians, we will make some membership numbers available for auction. There will be limited, special edition of membership cards for those, who decide to participate in the auction.

The numbers available for you to bid upon are:
    51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100
    200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000
    101, 202, 303, 404, 505, 606, 707, 808, 909,
    111, 222, 333, 444, 555, 777, 888, 999
    308, 338, 357, 380, 408, 545, 556, 762, 1911, 1935

Happy hunting! And believe me, the special edition of membership cards you will receive (which will never be repeated) is something to look for.

THE AUCTIONS OF THE ABOVE NUMBERS WILL START MID-NEXT WEEK. WE WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.

In order to pay your membership fees, which is 25 Euros per year, please use this account number:
    ING Bank Slaski
    SWIFT/BIC: INGBPLPW
    Firearms United Network
    IBAN: PL27 1050 1025 1000 0090 3170 5008

Please describe the transfer in the following way:
    [your name and family name] membership fee for 2019

LINK TO APPLICATION FORM

https://docs.google.com/…/1MvSc1xH81jP2RhUmfgsfsz…/viewform…

I know Tomaz and I can vouch for him as one of the most dedicated people I have known in fighting for shooting and gun rights in the EU.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭Melodeon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

fixed it.Try above link again

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭rugerfanatic

Collins dictionary defination of associte membership "a person who is a member of a club, organisation etc. but has only partial rights & privilages or subordinate status".

Why restricted membership?

I don't see any benefit in this for Irish shooters as our rules are currently stricter than a lot of EU firearn legislation. And government can add to any EU legislation at will.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭clivej

1/4 in December?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    fixed it.Try above link again
    Still nothing :(

The posted link:
    [noparse]

...is getting redirected to this:
    [noparse]https://drive.google.com/…/1MvSc1xH81jP2RhUmfgsfsz…/viewform&?ddrp=1#8230[/noparse]

...which is returning:
    "Not Found
    Error 404
    "

• Advertisement

Ok,have passed this back up the chain and will hopefully have a different link within the next 24.

To answer.
    Why restricted membership?

I don't see any benefit in this for Irish shooters as our rules are currently stricter than a lot of EU firearm legislation. And the government can add to any EU legislation at will.

There is also a full membership of 100 euros [more details coming soonest] Which will give full voting rights.I have suggested that "associate" is the wrong word to use,it should be changed to a supporter? Remember, the majority of the people who work on this, and set FUN up,English isn't their 1st language, so fine nuances and meanings can be lost?

True they are.
    But isn't it better to deal with and negotiate and fight with the people that actually ARE making the ****e sandwich for you in Brussels, rather than trying to do anything in the monkey house in Kildare street full of "Yes to more EU" men&women,who will then add their turds to it?:(

It will be still no doubt ****e coming in the sandwich, but it is better to try and dilute the ****e as much as possible, which was done in the last directive, rather than having to take a full bite of a turd sandwich.

LATER. Ok here you go! Great when the boss sends you the right info...

"associate membership" is not for individuals. It is for associations (local gun right advocacy orgs, shooting clubs, etc.) that want to be come part of the Firearms United network.

Associate members get a vote in council. Again: NOT for individuals. Associations and organizations only. Individuals can only become support members.

As per the document, the google docs form for membership is fully accessible. I've made a TinyURL for it: https://tinyurl.com/FUNMembership

The official announcement is at: https://www.facebook.com/FirearmsUnitedNetwork/posts/1956438001115531

I made a TinyURL for that too: https://tinyurl.com/FUNMembAnnounc

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

I can see the logic, in that whatever our European leaders say our lot will just do without question. So it is better to try and influence the organ grinders rather than the monkeys here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Oh ffs :rolleyes:

"So-called ‘semi-automatic’ weapons are particularly controversial.

Under the original draft of the revised directive, the availability of such weapons, some of which are used in the many disciplines of sport shooting, would be severely curtailed. But with 200,000 licence-holders in France and Germany, shooting is a growing sport, particularly among police personnel.

Semi-automatic weapons can be more dangerous than fully-automatic weapons,” Alain Alexis, the Commission’s representative, said at a debate in the European Parliament in November.

The executive believes that a semi-automatic weapon, which “wastes” less ammunition than an automatic, could be more deadly in a massacre. The AR-15 assault rifle used in the Orlando shootings in June is one such example."

Yes,shows what kind of brains you need to be in charge of over 300 million people in the EU...A chicken will do the job just as well.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

By that logic it wont be long before we see an EU directive on stones and there lethality. I mean they dont even have to be manufactured and people could stock pile them to throw at someone.
    Jaysus Monty Python is fast becoming a reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ayagerard

solarwinds wrote: »
    By that logic it wont be long before we see an EU directive on stones and there lethality. I mean they dont even have to be manufactured and people could stock pile them to throw at someone.

yes but you must remember by not electing the village idiots ?????? to the dail here , they always seam to land on their feet with bigger and better jobs in europe and in america be it lecturing or dictating to others , it is as if they were over qualified for the positions they held here GOD FORBID , here or there we are still paying ther wages or pensions , the cream of the crop ,

Eu elections next spring, just be careful who you put your tic beside, inside the voting booth.

solarwinds wrote: »

It already is!! Who would have thought Monthy Python's crew would propheise the gender confusion of the millennial in Life of Brian??

I see the eu just got more ammo against us with the attack in Strasbourg tonight.

From EURO NEWS
    On Fench police terrorist watch list, well known to police, etc, etc, etc.

LATER

Suspect's name is: Chérif Chekatt.

islamist extremist, with so-called Fiche S classification, which is highest security warning label one can have in France. Means - danger to state security.

And such a guy is able to get his hands on a submachine gun. Hadn't he heard about the Directive???

From EURO NEWS
    On Fench police terrorist watch list, well known to police, etc, etc, etc.

One expert know-all from the london school of economics on France24 blatering on about "Heavy weapons" "Automatic weapons" and "We have to get them off the streets", they never miss a trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Mississippi.

I got through to the application form via their Facebook page and when trying to put my Eircode into the post code space it rejected it saying that it should be a numbers only code.
    Any one else get that?
    I thought they we were a mixture of letters and numbers all over Europe? ?

Eircode isn't apparently compatible with EU systems... So just put either your phone area code and the word "NONE" or "KEINE" first before or after that.

We managed for decades before Eircode to get mail delivered here from all over the world. So it will still work with a gibberish postcode.

Advertisement