Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2018 - Round 21 – Abu Dhabi

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    No wins for Bottas in a top car this. Bloody shocking.

And finishes 5th in the championship.

Bottas out Ocon in for 2019.

First time since 2012 that at least one of the 2 Mercedes cars didn’t win a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I think internally in Mercedes-Benz, they consider Bottas the winner in Russia.

flazio wrote: »
    I think internally in Mercedes-Benz, they consider Bottas the winner in Russia.

That like the entire F1 world considering Damon Hill the winner of the 1997 Hungarian Grand Prix, Barrichello I’m Austria 2002, Schumacher at Indianapolis 2002 or Massa Hockenheim 2010, unless it happened it didn’t happen sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,141 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That like the entire F1 world considering Damon Hill the winner of the 1997 Hungarian Grand Prix, Barrichello I’m Austria 2002, Schumacher at Indianapolis 2002 or Massa Hockenheim 2010, unless it happened it didn’t happen sadly.
    Well if its how his employers see it, and it is his employers whose evaluation that matters the most then it does matter.

Well if its how his employers see it, and it is his employers whose evaluation that matters the most then it does matter.

Do you think his employers believe he is a better 2019 fit over Ocon, after the season he has had they could do better than him. His connections with Wolff helped him into that seat.

He definitely won't be there for 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,251 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

They dont want another Rosberg situation. They dont want a good driver just someone to help Hamilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I noticed on C4 when they were interviewing Gasly you could see Hulkenberg and Grosjean having a friendly chat in the background. They seemed to part on good terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

pjohnson wrote: »
    They dont want another Rosberg situation. They dont want a good driver just someone to help Hamilton.

I can't see them replacing bottas with a championship contender. He is a no 2 driver and that what they want. Same as limo in Ferrari.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Do you think his employers believe he is a better 2019 fit over Ocon, after the season he has had they could do better than him. His connections with Wolff helped him into that seat.

Well if he is he is going to have to seriously up his game next year.
    pjohnson wrote: »

I wonder is that what Hamilton wants or would he prefer to have a teammate that is keeping him on his toes. I think the Hamilton V Rosberg situation was tougher because they had both been boyhood friends as well and they were now racing against each other for something they both really wanted.
    Someone like Ocon there racing against Hamilton might not be as bad and Hamilton might even relish the challenge.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Yes.

My evidence being: Bottas is their driver for 2019, not Ocan.

• Advertisement

Yes.

My evidence being: Bottas is their driver for 2019, not Ocan.

Mercedes probably got caught out by the problems at Not Force India, Daddy stroll taking them over, and thought Ocon was safe there leading them to giving Bottas another contract. In hindsight they probably regret signing Bottas now.

Mercedes probably got caught out by the problems at Not Force India, Daddy stroll taking them over, and thought Ocon was safe there leading them to giving Bottas another contract. In hindsight they probably regret signing Bottas now.

So in your scenario Bottas would still be at merc, but Ocon somewhere.... I don't understand how that shows Bottas is not considered a good fit?

So in your scenario Bottas would still be at merc, but Ocon somewhere.... I don't understand how that shows Bottas is not considered a good fit?

No my scenario is Ocon in the Merc, Bottas dropped.

He fits in well alright but the results aren’t as good as the team expects, started at the front with the sister car which won he was fifth, poor season for him in a championship winning car.

No my scenario is Ocon in the Merc, Bottas dropped.

He fits in well alright but the results aren’t as good as the team expects, started at the front with the sister car which won he was fifth, poor season for him in a championship winning car.
    But you said they thought he was safe at FI. How does him being at FI next season also result in him being at merc next season, over Bottas who is at merc and was selected ahead of him.

Advertisement