Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil engineering online

Options
  • 10-11-2015 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

I've been toying with the idea of doing a course in civil engineering. It's a job that u feel would suit me and I would enjoy. The delimma I'm faced with is this, due to work and home commitments, can it be done online.

I know it's a long shot as it is such a practical subject but being in the working world the last few years and seeing how hard it is on unskilled wages, I want to educate myself now before I get any older.

Any advice or information would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Hi Hunter,

Typically third level education providers don’t offer an undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering. I cant say for certain why, but it may be because of the high level and/or complexity of the mathematical components that run throughout the degree.

Online degrees in Civil Engineering only seem to be offered at masters level.

If you’re looking for a construction related degree a BSc in Construction Management and quantity surveying are more prevalent.

I noticed that this post is three years old so if you did end up going to college let us know what you ended up doing?

Advertisement