Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collectibles not sure where to start

Options
  • 02-11-2018 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Ok so I’ve a few hobbies outside of work, painting (canvas not walls), music (accordion, yes it’s a fantastic instrument ) but the idea of a collectible has been in the mind also. I’m not too pushed about future value more the interest. I tried miniature whiskey bottles but for some reason the stock never seemed to increase :rolleyes: . Is there a direction that would be worth while pursuing ? The idea is finding like minded individuals and maybe a bit of peer rivalry. (My 57 Chevy is better than yours, ok that might be a bit ambitious). Any suggestions as to where to start welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

money from around the world? coins? stamps? books? cd's? LP's? old garden object's? last 4 i try to keep a look out for. how exciting live can be. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

decky1 wrote: »
    money from around the world? coins? stamps? books? cd's? LP's? old garden object's? last 4 i try to keep a look out for. how exciting live can be. LOL.

Should never have given away the Grease lp from 78. Could’ve been the start of something wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

well you know what they say 'Grease is the word'

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

Some bloke mentioned on FA Cup match of the day was renowned for collecting Airline Sick Bags!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Some bloke mentioned on FA Cup match of the day was renowned for collecting Airline Sick Bags!!!!!!!!!!!
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gun_money

Find a hobby that has plenty of resource/information available on it. eg Coins.
    Buy the best book or books available on it, plenty of collector catalogues out there, mainly in the USA but it will help. eg Starwars guide book or Matchbox cars.
    Figure out how much space you have, have you enough room to store 100 cars or 100 stamps.

As for a bit of peer rivalry. You'll need an item that has a small or specialized collector base. eg. Irish Defence Force Insignia, Medals of Irish regiments of the British army of WW1.

Mostly enjoy yourself.

Advertisement