Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to education

Options
  • 03-11-2018 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Evening all!

Looking for some information.

I've attended a level 8 BCs undergrad programme (4 years) under the Susi grant scheme from 2012 until 2016.

Last year of college didn't go too well for me. Ive attanded the last year but never actually sat my final exams for the level 8 (attended classes, did my projects, etc). Even though it was a direct level 8 programme, there was also a level 7 course, which merged into the level 8 course afterwards (same classes, tests, everything).

The last year was funded by Susi.
    Since I did not attend any exams in the final year, I applied and received a level 7 degree from the level 7 course that was running along side, as part of an "early exit accreditation programme".

I've took a year or just over away from college, and away from the field I studied in (pharmaceuticals), but I'm looking to now return and complete my final year.

I've just hit 23 so in my understanding qualify as a mature student.

So, question is, what are my options here?

Can I go back to a course in a related field in any college as a mature student, and complete the last year to get a level 8?

Can I only finish the level 8 I was already attending?

Can I still get my bachelor's hons. degree since I never attempted any of the final exams of the level 8?

I was thinking of returning full time, quiting the job I have now. Are there any financial supports for people returning to education like in my specific case (I've been working full for over a year now)?

Look forward to your advice and replies!

SP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SaltyPepper3

Just to clarify, the jobs I have been in since the time I have left college, are not related to my level 7 degree. If that makes any difference.

SP

Advertisement