Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos Leinster

Options
  • 22-10-2018 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Looking at getting a full forearm tribute tattoo and wondering how much it would cost per hour in tattoo studios around Leinster that would tattoo 16 year old with parental permission

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

sam20028 wrote: »
    full forearm tribute tattoo
    +
    16 year old

=

NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sam20028

endacl wrote: »
    +

=

NO!

It’s not going to be a tacky tattoo it’s a tribute to my dad that passed away just over a month ago and I’ve thought about it every day since he did and I’ve had the design in my head for about 3 weeks haven’t changed my mind and I don’t think I will either.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I was talking to a tattoo artist recently who said it's a misconception that under 18s can get tattooed with parental permission. In this country, you have to be over 18.

Sorry for your loss, hope you get the tattoo you want when you turn 18.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I was talking to a tattoo artist recently who said it's a misconception that under 18s can get tattooed with parental permission. In this country, you have to be over 18.

Actually there is no rule or law whatsoever that says you must be over 18 to get tattooed.

The industry is completely self regulated and the over 18 is set by the studios themselves.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Hellrazer wrote: »

Actually there is no rule or law whatsoever that says you must be over 18 to get tattooed.

The industry is completely self regulated and the over 18 is set by the studios themselves.

Interesting. This guy was based up North so maybe it's different in the UK?

Either way, I wouldn't trust an artist who is happy to tattoo under-18s to have a clean and sterile environment for tattooing

Just my opinion anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Interesting. This guy was based up North so maybe it's different in the UK?

Either way, I wouldn't trust an artist who is happy to tattoo under-18s to have a clean and sterile environment for tattooing

Just my opinion anyway

UK is regulated and you need a licence to tattoo.

It’s not going to be a tacky tattoo it’s a tribute to my dad that passed away just over a month ago and I’ve thought about it every day since he did and I’ve had the design in my head for about 3 weeks haven’t changed my mind and I don’t think I will either.

The problem with getting a tattoo at 16 is the fact your body hasn’t finished growing. So your tattoo will likely stretch and all manner of other things by the time you’re an adult and finished your growth. I appreciate you want to have a way to celebrate your dads life, but I don’t think he would have wanted you to do something like this considering the risks involved. Just wait till you’re an adult and then get a tattoo.

Advertisement