Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new album

Options
  • 19-10-2018 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place! Thought I'd share the link to my new album which is released today.

It's my 7th album of this style, it falls under "electronic" but there are so many live instruments its sort of an electronic-organic hybrid.

This will hopefully appeal to fans of Boards of Canada, The Orb, Four Tet, etc.

https://open.spotify.com/album/4UP8VQaJoGnnHncyC2wn44?si=ctHvUHiKQDmdINfe77Q_fQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place! Thought I'd share the link to my new album which is released today.

It's my 7th album of this style, it falls under "electronic" but there are so many live instruments its sort of an electronic-organic hybrid.

I do like the Orb and would like to listen to your album, however, can you upload it to a service like Mixcloud or Soundcloud?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Really beautiful work pal ! love it.. going to enjoy listening to this later on the way home , added to my playlist and you got another follow!

Who done the vocal on, farewell, to Our shining sun god? great tune!
    Also really like The Psychedelic Transfare. Keep it up the great work!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I do like the Orb and would like to listen to your album, however, can you upload it to a service like Mixcloud or Soundcloud?

Of course, and thanks. Here's the Soundcloud link:

https://soundcloud.com/robgeisha/sets/light-touching-for-heaven-in

Maysa07 wrote: »
    Really beautiful work pal ! love it.. going to enjoy listening to this later on the way home , added to my playlist and you got another follow!

Who done the vocal on, farewell, to Our shining sun god? great tune!
    Also really like The Psychedelic Transfare. Keep it up the great work!

Thanks a million for listening and the feedback. Those are my vocals on the whole album, got some help from my kids on one of them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Another new fan here... love this. I was a big fan of the Orb back in the day.

Great production on this too - did you do it all yourself?

• Advertisement

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    Another new fan here... love this. I was a big fan of the Orb back in the day.

Great production on this too - did you do it all yourself?

Thanks! Yes all done by me.

Thanks! Yes all done by me.

Sounds great. Did you get it mastered professionally?

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    Sounds great. Did you get it mastered professionally?

Thanks, not really, I sort of did it myself. Which I know you're not supposed to do but I made sure I had all the levels right, EQ was good, no clipping etc, and how it compared to other reference points. I didn't want to make it too "loud" as I wanted to ensure the dynamic range would remain.

I've had stuff pro-mastered before and have been iffy about some of the results. I did compare this to some of the masters I was happy with though.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

Of course, and thanks. Here's the Soundcloud link:

https://soundcloud.com/robgeisha/sets/light-touching-for-heaven-in

Thanks for this chief, i have just realised, i downloaded album from must have been one of your posts back in April 2011, sounds of Geisha, this is the tracklist, i have it on my PC here,

1. Sun
    2. Intention
    3. Drops
    4. Seven
    5. Sequence
    6. Serenade
    7. Restore
    8. Soundcollage1
    9. Pollen

Thanks for this chief, i have just realised, i downloaded album from must have been one of your posts back in April 2011, sounds of Geisha, this is the tracklist, i have it on my PC here,

1. Sun
    2. Intention
    3. Drops
    4. Seven
    5. Sequence
    6. Serenade
    7. Restore
    8. Soundcollage1
    9. Pollen

Wow, yeah that was the first album. Going back a while! I've done six more since, quite different from that one, though if you liked that you'd probably like "Aliens" which has that similar sort of dark ambient vibe. It's on Spotify / iTunes etc but not Soundcloud.

• Advertisement

Thanks, not really, I sort of did it myself. Which I know you're not supposed to do but I made sure I had all the levels right, EQ was good, no clipping etc, and how it compared to other reference points. I didn't want to make it too "loud" as I wanted to ensure the dynamic range would remain.

I've had stuff pro-mastered before and have been iffy about some of the results. I did compare this to some of the masters I was happy with though.

Fair play - it sounds great

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Some really excellent stuff, love 'Farewell, to Our Shining Sun God' and 'On A Bed of Dreams'.

Advertisement