Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home made shaving brushes.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭macrob77

cPPCmHf.jpg

1Tb9GwJ.jpg

dEZmmdM.jpg

Wigcl4j.jpg

lJ7FpKK.jpg

l7KPa4q.jpg

tmXz215.jpg

8aojDKY.jpg

yc58acn.jpg

gQqaxyo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

The third last brush looks amazing. Great colour combination and pattern too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

These are fantastic and I love that they are hand made in Ireland. Can you ingrave initials on it or do you think it would "tacky up" the brush?

I don't have an engraver but i can fit Irish coin with your year of birth for example. Usually my shaving brushes comes with my bronze coins with my logo.

abd2MqY.jpg

iXEwLq9.jpg

• Advertisement

Guinness anyone ;)

qEFrEYI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Macrob I remember seeing this thread when you posted first and saying I'd love one of these, then completely forgot about it.

Are you still taking orders for custom brushes? Any gauge on prices?

Unfortunately not. I'm selling only ready made shaving brushes. This way i can try all of my crazy ideas and still have a fun from making shaving brushes.

Few i've made lately:

9N1kclV.jpg

E9FUwjJ.jpg

HBt6xQz.jpg

AtBRlhw.jpg

MlTAPEb.jpg

Some more lovely looking brushes there. Nice work as usual.

Have you considered doing a mix of wood and resin handles yet?

Wood is tempting me for a long time. I'll try to do some wooden/resin handles in the near future. Waterproof wood finish that will look good and will last is the biggest problem.

• Advertisement

I know many people use CA glue for wooden handles but I don't know how how that would interact with the resin.

I would say waterproof isn't really necessary though. How many people are really going to need a waterproof handle? The brush isn't around water that much

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Nice work Macro, I might have to give making one myself a go some time

Advertisement