Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dfs Faulty mattress

Options
  • 01-07-2020 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Wondered if someone could offer some advice. We purchased a mattess from dfs in november 2018. We took out 18 month finance which ended in June. The matress was almost 1000euro and came with a 2 year warranty. A few months ago, it became unbearable to sleep on. It is supposed pocket springs and silk latex memory foam. Now it has become evident there is a crevice in the mattress on one side, from head to foot. It is not a body indentation. It was like a slit in the bed, it is visible from the top and it would be deep enough to put credit card inside.
    I have emailed dfs and they told me they would send out a repair person. I have sent pictures, they have not replied, i havent gotten a reply in over a week and i cant imagine how they could fix it.
    If they continue to ignore my messages, am i entitled to go to the small claims for my money back. We have had to sleep in a different room and its causing me back issues.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

javagal wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Wondered if someone could offer some advice. We purchased a mattess from dfs in november 2018. We took out 18 month finance which ended in June. The matress was almost 1000euro and came with a 2 year warranty. A few months ago, it became unbearable to sleep on. It is supposed pocket springs and silk latex memory foam. Now it has become evident there is a crevice in the mattress on one side, from head to foot. It is not a body indentation. It was like a slit in the bed, it is visible from the top and it would be deep enough to put credit card inside.
    I have emailed dfs and they told me they would send out a repair person. I have sent pictures, they have not replied, i havent gotten a reply in over a week and i cant imagine how they could fix it.
    If they continue to ignore my messages, am i entitled to go to the small claims for my money back. We have had to sleep in a different room and its causing me back issues.
    Thanks in advance

You’re entitled to go to the SCC, however you are not entitled to your money back. The business has the option to repair/replace/refund, and even if you did get an award at the SCC, the judge may take into account that you have had the benefit of the mattress since November 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I can't understand why people shop in DFS, their sales tactics are awful and their after sales care is abysmal.

Give them 7 days notice and say that failure to respond will mean that you have no option but to go through the scc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Thanks for the reply guys.
    They got back finally and will replace the mattress. Was hoping they would let us chose another to avoid the same issues but we are happy once a new warranty will apply.
    Thanks for the advice

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Have they told you that a warranty starts new? It normally doesn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

javagal wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply guys.
    They got back finally and will replace the mattress. Was hoping they would let us chose another to avoid the same issues but we are happy once a new warranty will apply.
    Thanks for the advice

Warranty will be from the original date of purchase in 2018.

• Advertisement
Advertisement