Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ikea queues

• 11-06-2020 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi

Anyone know what the Ikea queues in Dublin are like?
    I know it was mental at the start of the week, just wondering if it has calmed any?
    Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Myself and my oh arrived about 2:20 yesterday and it took about an hour to get to the front door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭djan

Thanks for the update, hopefully it begins to clear up a bit this week as I do need(ish) a table to make WFM easier :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

In general, queues for shops are much quieter near closing time. Ikea closes at 8. If you know what you want (ie no browsing), then you could be lucky. If you’re not too far I think it might be worth a look at 7:30 or so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭scarepanda

conor_ie wrote: »
    Myself and my oh arrived about 2:20 yesterday and it took about an hour to get to the front door

What was it like inside once you got in? Worth the wait to get in?

Friend of mine went today. Joined queue at 6.15. Took exactly an hour to get in. They were out with their shopping at 8.15

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

scarepanda wrote: »
    What was it like inside once you got in? Worth the wait to get in?

No different than normal apart from screens around all of the ikea counters and the restaurants and play areas closed off

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭80sbaby

What are the queues like this week? 7 months pregnant and don't know if I can stand in a 2 hour queue.. Are the bathrooms open?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

80sbaby wrote: »
    What are the queues like this week? 7 months pregnant and don't know if I can stand in a 2 hour queue.. Are the bathrooms open?

I went today at 12.15 and got to the door at 1.50..
    Very disorganised inside with stock in piles with no price tags.. Not a normal Ikea experience
    Check out queues were quicker than normal
    Doing it heavily pregnant would be a challenge.
    Everyone's 1st stop was the loo..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Chiparus

tuesday 10 am , queued for 50 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

djan wrote: »
    Thanks for the update, hopefully it begins to clear up a bit this week as I do need(ish) a table to make WFM easier :)

You'll be lucky to find a desk you want. They haven't been in stock since they reopened. Check stock levels online first, although if your then queueing an hour outside there's no guarantee the item will still be there when you get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Go Home Paddy Cat!!

dan1895 wrote: »
    They haven't been in stock since they reopened.

Not true. They had some desks restocked during the week. I went up to try and buy one yesterday, around 1.30pm and there were hundreds of people queueing so I just turned around and went home. The desk I wanted, there isnt an option to order it online from Ikea it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭djan

Has anyone made their way out just before the 10am opening time? Hoping to do so tomorrow to avoid the worst of the ques.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

You can use the priority time at 10am when they first open, I've heard of several pregnant women just walking up and straight in or waiting in a very short priority queue, partners included.

djan wrote: »
    Has anyone made their way out just before the 10am opening time? Hoping to do so tomorrow to avoid the worst of the ques.

10 am Tuesday , 50 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Not true. They had some desks restocked during the week. I went up to try and buy one yesterday, around 1.30pm and there were hundreds of people queueing so I just turned around and went home. The desk I wanted, there isnt an option to order it online from Ikea it seems.

Which desk was it?

Was told the desks won't be back until July.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Which desk was it?

Was told the desks won't be back until July.

I was looking for a desk, everything seemed to be gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Thinking of making a trip this evening. How have the queues been the last few days would anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

If anyone is stuck for a desk, I ended up getting one off these guys after IKEA shafted me in March:
    https://www.alineofficefurniture.ie/office-furniture-for-sale-in-ireland-category/office-tables/

They worked out a bit dearer but only tenner delivery, I ordered on a Sunday afternoon, delivered Monday lunchtime.
    Came flat pack but easy to put together

Note that prices are ex VAT as they're primarily B2B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,137 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    Thinking of making a trip this evening. How have the queues been the last few days would anyone know?

I was there today. Queue was 2 hours and a lot of stuff is out of stock. I'd give it a few weeks if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Caranica wrote: »
    I was there today. Queue was 2 hours and a lot of stuff is out of stock. I'd give it a few weeks if you can.

wish I seen your message before I left.
    Queued for only 45 minutes, but left with nothing.
    Everything I was interested in was sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,137 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    wish I seen your message before I left.
    Queued for only 45 minutes, but left with nothing.
    Everything I was interested in was sold out.

I'm so jealous of your 45 minute wait. My back is in bits after all the standing around. I'd checked stock before I left home but some things were gone before I got in. Some stuff I got alternatives that aren't quite what I needed, other stuff is due back in stock on the 25th but there's no way I'm going back for at least six weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Online is no better.

Want to order a few electrical bits that I have ordered before.

I get this message.

Sorry! One or more articles are not available for delivery to your area. Please review your basket and try again. What kind of a message is that ?

One Item has 30 in stock and it hasnt changed in 3 weeks.
    The other has 48 in stock and that cant be delivered either.

I check on the UK site and they are both in stock and OK to deliver but it wont accept parcel motel.

Is the online site in a bit of a mess ???

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Go Home Paddy Cat!!

dfdream wrote: »
    Online is no better.

Want to order a few electrical bits that I have ordered before.

I get this message.

Sorry! One or more articles are not available for delivery to your area. Please review your basket and try again. What kind of a message is that ?

One Item has 30 in stock and it hasnt changed in 3 weeks.
    The other has 48 in stock and that cant be delivered either.

I check on the UK site and they are both in stock and OK to deliver but it wont accept parcel motel.

Is the online site in a bit of a mess ???

I gave up with ikea and just ordered a desk from a different provider altogether!

This seems to be a Dublin ikea problem only. See loads of references in uk, Europe and even in US none of this queuing craic no issues with stock or online or delivery delays.

Like all these big chains ireland will pay more and are a soft touch.

I gave up with ikea and just ordered a desk from a different provider altogether!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,530 ✭✭✭✭L1011

dfdream wrote: »
    This seems to be a Dublin ikea problem only. See loads of references in uk, Europe and even in US none of this queuing craic no issues with stock or online or delivery delays.

Like all these big chains ireland will pay more and are a soft touch.

IKEA are not really dearer here than other Euro countries; or even the UK. For every item dearer here than Belfast there's something dearer in Belfast.

They are, however, insanely popular here. Thats why there's queues. They have virtually no rivals either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Have a baby due in september was hoping to get alot of the nursery furniture from ikea via online delvery to Cork . Hopefully it comes back in stock soon.

Its gas.
    Went onto site and all my items in stock and ordered with 2 week delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,283 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I don't think the online stock is picked from the Dublin store. The rival jysk pick stock from there IDC somewhere in Europe.

rob316 wrote: »
    I don't think the online stock is picked from the Dublin store. The rival jysk pick stock from there IDC somewhere in Europe.

We talked to someone in store last week. Online orders are picked in the UK and delivered from there. In store orders (furniture etc) are picked in Dublin and delivered from the store

She said online may take 5-6 days (if I’m stock) while deliveries ordered in store take 1-2 days usually

• Advertisement

Will that change with brexit ?

Dodge wrote: »
    We talked to someone in store last week. Online orders are picked in the UK and delivered from there. In store orders (furniture etc) are picked in Dublin and delivered from the store

She said online may take 5-6 days (if I’m stock) while deliveries ordered in store take 1-2 days usually

Advertisement