Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus so called sale...rubbish

Options
  • 05-07-2012 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

Went to try to see if I could book flights in the so called Aer Lingus flights sale. It said 'up to' ( love those 2 little words because when you see them it basically means 'suckers' ) 50% off. Think I was saving 2.80euro on a 110euro flight..!!! Wow what a saving, thanks Aer Lingus. Gee, if I buy a cup of tea on board I've used all my saving...!!!!
    I wish they would change that loop hole in the law, its the biggest scam when it comes to sales and so called bargains, 'up to this' and save 'up to ' that. I pass a store quite regularly and there's always sales with 'up to' 70% off in some cases. You go in and perhaps 1 or 2 items have a few euro off them...what a joke...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

"Sales" don't entice me, signs with big numbers on them don't make me spend my money, it's either a case that I think what I am buying is worth the money I'm paying or it's a last minute thing so I may have to pay over the odds.

Now that you know my way of thinking you'll understand that I don't see any "scam" with regards to advertising sales as "'up to this' and save 'up to ' that".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I hate this carry on with Aer Lingus sales. I believe they have received a rap on the knuckles about their sales adverts before because no one bar the one of two lucky ones manage to avail of the sale prices.
    It's all a scam anyway, as Mactard said, treat everything on its current worth, don't get caught up in the marketing bull that these companies like to spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭daheff

well ... as far as i can see...Aer Lingus quote the sale discount on their charge...not on the overall (including tax, administration & baggage)fee.

so while it could be a 50% sale...the price may only drop by a few euros - the tax & admin portion of the flight prices are quite high these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MoeJay

What's the difference between this and the countless number of times that many shops have small "up to" and huge "50% off" signs, or that other classic "selected lines only"......? :rolleyes:

Caveat emptor!

Advertisement