Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IAAA (Irish Amateur Archery Association)

• 10-11-2003 5:17pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭

Well I went to the AGM yesterday and it seems there's a change of tune.

All us college groups are recommended to get full membership to the IAAA (not use this umbrella group that we were recommended to form last year).

Pricing:
    Club affiliation: €150 (up from €127)
    Student/Junior: €40 (€5 decrease)
    Senior (over 18/non student): €70 (€5 increase)

They've set themselves up a website etc:
    IAAA Homepage

They say that this will be updated soon and information from the IAAA AGM added etc.

They are going to be changing the Official Address from the Roadstone address to one in Dun Laoghaire. All official correspondence shoule be sent there. I'd guess this will be how we apply for membership also. Best bet is probably an e-mail. When this address change gets sorted though there will actually be someone answering the IAAA phone!!! (That'd make rather a change! :p )

There's a FITA Level 1 Coaching Manual for every club (college or otherwise). These will be sent out I'd guess. A few were collected yesterday.

If I think of anything else majorly relevant then I'll post it.

Oh... Well they are looking for volunteers to form a Selection sub committee (for deciding what archers go to international events, for deciding a new set of selection criteria and to arrange some sort of strict training schedules so these people will be prepared for competition).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

Hmm,
    What exactly do we get for joining?

Having the club affiliation allows us to.....?

I presume that its optional for individuals to join later, whenever they want? and that when they join they can go to all IAAA shoots?

What are the details?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

From what I gathered it seems that we weren't previously allowed to train at other clubs (assuming we weren't individually IAAA members).

I think that's the big thing. The do for some reason think we all fold up come summer which we know isn't exactly true.

Us, UCD, Maynooth and UL continue during the summer if I'm correct. Us and UCD do anyhow.

I think it's good for them too. They want us as members so that they can say they've more members and have better chances of getting Sponsorship etc.

2 million euro is the insurance at the moment (not the cost, the cover) but they're trying to improve this as IFAF (Irish Field Archery Federation) have £5 million sterling insurance and are paying less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

And how to become IAAA individual member?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I'd assume there's some IAAA forms floating around UCD. They were sent out last year by the then secretary Chris Kinsella.

Photo copy one, fill it in, get the back draft/cheque/whatever and then you run into a wall. (Not a suggestion).

What I mean is there's no address yet to send things to.

I'll e-mail the IAAA personally and get details for us all.

*adds to his ever expanding list of things to do*

I'll get that done this afternoon.

Advertisement