Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No prosecution. Who tells the accused?

• 18-11-2019 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭

If an allegation is made against a person and a file is sent to the DPP, who is supposed to inform the person the allegation was made against? And how soon after a decision was made should that information be shared with the accused?

I note that the DPP website weighs heavily on information for the "victim", but has very little for the accused person and says nothing about informing the accused person of a decision not to prosecute.

Stay Free

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If an allegation is made against a person and a file is sent to the DPP, who is supposed to inform the person the allegation was made against? And how soon after a decision was made should that information be shared with the accused?

I note that the DPP website weighs heavily on information for the "victim", but has very little for the accused person and says nothing about informing the accused person of a decision not to prosecute.

As far as I know, whoever sent the file forward, which would be the investigating guards. Depending on the severity of the alleged crime, the accused is formally called to attend court for an arraignment, where a book of evidence is presented to them (certainly that's the case in Circuit court, not sure about District).

I think the inviestigating guards are also responsible for informing the accused upon completion of the invesigation and that no further action is being taken.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement