Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Energy Transfer

• 21-04-2004 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but it doesn't really fit anywhere else.

I had an ex-girlfriend who was into spiritualistic remedies etc. and as part of that she had read up on energy transfer techniques during massages and things like that. Now I'm a final year physics student, so I was a bit sceptical, but I have to admit I could feel a sort of heat flowing into me from her hands. I don't really have an explanation for how this could work, so I was interested to know if other people have similar experiences or any knowledge of how this works. Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

probably just psycology playing tricks with you. it's pleasurable because it's your girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

A good place to start your research would be Chi Kung. It is an internal art often practiced alongside Tai Chi and Kung Fu. I've seen a number of Chi Kung demonstrations to make me a believer in energy transfer.

Nick

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by dgarrad
    Now I'm a final year physics student, so I was a bit sceptical, but I have to admit I could feel a sort of heat flowing into me from her hands.
    There is heat flowing out of both your hands all the time. - by insulating it feels warmer - next time you take a bubble bath cover your hands in bubbles - they will feel warmer after a while, did she rub her hands together - frictional heating etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Are you familiar with reiki? Its a form of energy healing, and I've found a definate heat produced (though not every time), both when giving and receiving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dgarrad

I thought about frictional heat etc. but it seemed more like a heat that flowed from her hands into my body, not just warm hands on skin. It's hard to explain, but it was fairly weird, but in a good way! ;)

I'll have to look into Chi Kung and reiki, they sound similar to what she tried to explain it as. But I will admit that it could have all been in my head!:dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

in some definitions this energy or (chi) is called unconditional love (aww) or the essence of everything.

if you consider we are energy fields of immense power, we can rate this energy capacity in vibratory levels. Each person has their own unique frequency, now give each frequency a colour for definition. (aura)
    some people may have greater access to their energy field and as a result, more power, hence more ability (through development or training)

ie: Healers use this ability (energy capacity) to transfer particular vibrations/frequencies to another who is vibrating lower (possibly through grief or depression) and can encourage a change in individual vibrationary levels. There are particular fequencies which encourage healing.

I'm not trying to suggest that one person may be responsible for anothers well being, that is entirely the responsibility of each individual, but...

to use an analogy..a person who employs the ability to heal may be seen as someone who can assist another who's car battery is low. They are like the jumper cables.
    Once the spark has ignited the engine to turn, the revs of that engine are controlled by the person sitting in the drivers seat. To that degree, they can then adjust the vibrations(revs)best suited to the running of their vehicle.

energy transfer

Advertisement