Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Hate

• 01-11-2019 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

A pugilist attacks a citizen with his fist
    A woman naively seduces a boy

which one got 3 years and which 1000 euro fine?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A polemicist opens a thread with a loaded OP. The world just keeps on turning.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

Difference on the impact on the victims also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I think, in this instance love is a fist whereas the other is a vindictive hatefock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

His time will come

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

The seduction was hardly naive, she waited until the victim's 16th birthday to have sex with him, twas ignorance more than naivety on her part that she didn't know the correct age of consent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

was that Season 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Was it not cancelled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Grooming and rape are a lot worse than a punch in the face espically when the auld lad was well compensated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

votecounts wrote: »
    Grooming and rape are a lot worse than a punch in the face espically when the auld lad was well compensated.

Ahem, I believe his compensation was an apology - the state got a grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,658 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Imagine if he naively tried to seduce the oul lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

2000 Euro fine for not having your Tv licence. Close this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,569 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

You misspelled rape there OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Thank christ, though they were bring back that fecking TV show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

It wasn't rape.

The first time or the second.

Maybe read up on Irish law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I believe they were referring to the law regarding what is commonly known as statutory rape, ie: consensual sexual intercourse with someone under 17. However, as she was in a position of power, she should have waited until he was 18, even if he was still a student as long as they're 18 statutory rape doesn't apply.

Great laws in this country really. You can't legally drink, smoke or vote until you're 18, but you can **** as often as you want once you turn 17! Oh, and on the statutory rape side of things, a male under 17 can be charged with it if the other person is 2 years or more younger, but a female under 17 can't be charged for that offence. Equality eh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Personally I would have liked to have boned at least three of my teachers when I was 16. I would not have enjoyed my mother finding out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

If the pictures of her going around are really her, it's every schoolboys dream.

Snotty wrote: »
    If the pictures of her going around are really her, it's every schoolboys dream.
    Yeah, I haven't seen any pics, but I agree that her level of hotness should be the main factor in determining whether there was wrongdoing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I've not seen them, pm me

Yeah, I haven't seen any pics, but I agree that her level of hotness should be the main factor in determining whether there was wrongdoing.
    (Just kidding.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

He must be bullin the mother found out, sex on tap off a hot teacher is not something to be taken lightly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,569 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

riemann wrote: »
    It wasn't rape.

I'm sure if the genders were reversed, that answer would hold.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

No theyve not gone to court yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Not the gay ones

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

milehip wrote: »
    The seduction was hardly naive, she waited until the victim's 16th birthday to have sex with him, twas ignorance more than naivety on her part that she didn't know the correct age of consent.
    What would the story be if they had gone to Northern Ireland where the age of consent is 16 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

No grown adult naively seduces a teenager. She crossed a line and has no one to blame for this situation but herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

What would the story be if they had gone to Northern Ireland where the age of consent is 16 ?
    Whether he was 16 or 18, teachers should not be having sexual relationships with students. I think even in universities where people are older it's not allowed. Too much imbalance of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

It's clearly distasteful and a complete abrogation of responsibility and job duties from the teacher (for which she should - and has been - punished) but calling it rape or abuse (as opposed to statutory rape) is going a little bit far. In 2 or 3 years time, a relationship between an 18 year old and 25 year old would raise few eyebrows. Indeed, in a year, it would have been legal.

That's not to excuse her, obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

If it was a male teacher who raped a female underage student he would be facing double figure years in jail and rightly so. She got off lightly.

And if any of us did what that publicity seeking neanderthal did we'd be facing jail time. Unfortunately with his multiple past convictions and army of "fans" who mindlessly ape his appearance and behaviour he's firmly in the money making segment for the justice industry so he walked free. Won't be the last time we see him before a judge and I'll bet he'll serve less time in jail over his life than that teacher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭tawnyowl

riemann wrote: »
    It wasn't rape.

Read up on Irish law yourself - sex with someone under the age of consent is statuory rape.

In this case, the former teacher pleaded guilty to charges of defilement.https://www.thejournal.ie/teacher-jailed-student-sex-4873640-Oct2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭tawnyowl

No theyve not gone to court yet
    Sentence was passed on Thursday: https://www.thejournal.ie/teacher-jailed-student-sex-4873640-Oct2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Transporting a minor to a foreign jurisdiction for the purpose of circumventing the consent law in your own country?

Mmkay let's just add human trafficking to that statutory charge then shall we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Naively ?? Yeah right.

I think you have to penetrate someone in Ireland for it to be legally classified as rape. A woman forcing sex is not raping by that definition if they're using the standard male-female connectors. Note: This should *not* be taken as legal advice!

Trafficking means trading humans and does not necessarily involve transporting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

votecounts wrote: »

It wasn't grooming. She bought him a jumper for his birthday. It was a blatant case of mammying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think you have to penetrate someone in Ireland for it to be legally classified as rape. A woman forcing sex is not raping by that definition if they're using the standard male-female connectors. Note: This should *not* be taken as legal advice!

Penetration of the mouth or anus with a penis, or vagina by any object held or manipulated. That is rape as per Section 4 of the Criminal Law (Rape Amendment) Act 1990. She was found guilty of Defilement as per Section 3 of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act 2006 (defilement of a child under 17, section 2 of the same act applies to a child under 15).

Also, to a 16 year old, she's a perfect 10.

Advertisement