Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

LUFC Official ‏@LUFC 2h
    BREAKING: Leeds United can confirm that Ryan Hall has left the club by mutual consent. #lufc

I'm absolutely gutted.................NOT!!!!!!!!!
    What a waste of space!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Some more good news. David Haigh's company are investing a "seven figure sum" which will be used to strengthen the squad in January. Of course whether it's 1,000,000 or 9,999,999 will determine the quality of the new recruits, but it's good to see him strengthening his commitment to the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭championc

BUT .......
    I reckon we'll be holding the squad size the same so wonder if Dioufy will find s new home. Mind you, we're -1 after Hall's departure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Next three games (Blackburn away, Watford and Wigan home) should tell us if we can really hope for a playoff place. A decent return from those followed by two much easier games would put us in good shape for two away games against teams currently above us (Blackpool and Forest). A bad run from them and you'd expect zero return from the two away games at end December and a miserable start to 2014!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Remembering Gary Speed today. What a legend. cant believe its been two years since he passed away. shocking.

• Advertisement

Next three games (Blackburn away, Watford and Wigan home) should tell us if we can really hope for a playoff place. A decent return from those followed by two much easier games would put us in good shape for two away games against teams currently above us (Blackpool and Forest). A bad run from them and you'd expect zero return from the two away games at end December and a miserable start to 2014!

Won't be surprised, nor really disappointed, if we come away with 5 points from these three games. Getting 7 would be a major bonus - get 9 and Waccoe will go into meltdown !!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Just to let you all know that there will be a video stream available for tomorrows match. Check the usual places :)

Check the Facebook Page link I posted last week

Check the Facebook Page link I posted last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

Can anyone pm me a stream please. Come on Leeds could be a bog win today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

If anybody has a video stream a pm would be greatly appreciated

Looks like Hudds vs Burnley got the nod over us so the Radio Stream is the only way today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

anyone with a stream ? PM please

well I saw that one coming.

1-0 down.

Wigan minus a manager coming to Elland Road could provide a nice tonic after that poor game at the weekend. Hopefully some players will be watching their backs after the talk of money being invested in players in January. My Christmas wish is to get Max back from France!

Wigan minus a manager coming to Elland Road could provide a nice tonic after that poor game at the weekend. Hopefully some players will be watching their backs after the talk of money being invested in players in January. My Christmas wish is to get Max back from France!

I reckon he would be tempted if he saw a potential route to the Prem. Get firmly into the playoff spots and we'll keep the Daily Mirror well supplied with stories for the whole month on January :)

Seriously though, Saturday games attendances are looking very healthy and should boot finances too. A good run during December should also work well for half season ticket sales.

From the gossip columns: "...Leeds and Bolton want to sign Charlton captain Johnnie Jackson, who is out of contract at the end of the season.."

Can't see it tbh, and would be very disappointed to be chasing a freebie who'll be 32 at the start of next season. Murphy and Wotton, whilst not setting the Championship alight, are definitely the type of player we need to be targeting for long-term stability/success.

Ross scores again, 1-0

Ross gets a second :D

Important win tonight, keeps us in touch with the playoff spots. Pity Derby won as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

have to hold my hands up and say that i didn't think Ross was a 20 goal a season guy and that if we got 2 million for him in the summer we should have taken it.
    happy to be wrong, long may his hot streak continue.

i wonder if we're in touching distance of the playoffs on 1st of January will there be the slightest glimmer of bringing in a little bit of quality....don't want the annual post Christmas nose dive this season.

I was at Wembley when we lost to Doncaster. Heart breaking! I dont think I would be able to go through that again. I dont know if we could go up through the play offs. I am perfectly happy to be proved wrong though. Automatic would be better but we dont have the squad for that.

Delighted with the win! Go Ross!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

have to hold my hands up and say that i didn't think Ross was a 20 goal a season guy and that if we got 2 million for him in the summer we should have taken it.
    happy to be wrong, long may his hot streak continue.

I reckoned he would up his game as the lone striker and I've been proved right (still time for that to change though!).

Am worried that as the championships top scorer he'll be a target for some premier league clubs in the upcoming window (Norwich?). That 4 year contract he signed in the summer was a good bit of business!

Dont go to Norwich Ross! Look what happened to Becchio!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Great win tonight. We just need to keep ticking along and hopefully add a bit of quality in Jan. Very seldom we've been totally outdone and most of our losses have been by a single goal. Just feels like something could happen this season

One of my best mates is a Wigan fan. Went to wembley with him last year and he came to the brum game with me. Great to be able to point and laugh!

SarahBM wrote: »
    Dont go to Norwich Ross! Look what happened to Becchio!

Don't worry, they'll be coming back down

Today's team vs Watford :

Kenny, Peltier, Zaliukas, Pearce, Byram, Murphy, Mowatt, Pugh, Austin, McCormack, Smith.

Subs: Cairns, Brown, Tonge, Varney, Drury, Poleon. Warnock.

Feck sake, Derby winning 5-1.

If we win we will jump up to 5th. 3 points would be a great bday present!

and its full time at Old Trafford and Agent Moyes has successfully completed another mission :) 0-1 to Newcastle Happy Days.

• Advertisement

Watford go one up. bad start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement