Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Shlippery wrote: »
    5th lads..

Christ almighty, Leeds in 5th and it's nearly December.

What is this madness!

One sobering fact is that we're still closer to the relegation spots than we are to Newcastle in 1st...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I think most of the players were thinking of Liverpool on Tuesday during that second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Nail biting stuff and I agree 2-0 up against a team with 10 men, first team goalie off and we struggle to finish them off. Officials didn't appear to notice that clear handball by a Rotherham player just before they ballooned that late chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Anyone going to Anfield?

Missed out on away end tickets so I've to settle for the home end

Also had a dream we won 2-1, injury time Roofe winner then I got thrown out for celebrating :)

Could get well beaten if Liverpool play their first 11.

Still, you always think of that day in Old Trafford in 2010 in another Cup. Our one really good day in 12 or 13 years. Oh look, any excuse to watch it again...why Beckford and Grayson should never have to buy a drink in Leeds...

Predictions for tonight?

quarryman wrote: »
    Predictions for tonight?

3-0 to Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'll be marginally more positive and say 2-0 to Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

We'll nick it 2-1

Jansson out sick and Wood on the bench. :(

• Advertisement

Happy with that first half. Liverpool are clearly the better side, but they haven't made it count.

5th in the table, comfortable first half at Anfield...I'd almost get optimistic, except it's Leeds...and the owner is still insane...

Luke Ayling should be held down and shorn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,491 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

On tv again now

That's some flashy wedding ring Ross McCormack bought himself...

That's some flashy wedding ring Ross McCormack bought himself...

About time he's done something since leaving Leeds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

This has been underwhelming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

This has been underwhelming

Aye fairly lame attacking wise .. shaky at times in defence - hard to see where the win coming is coming from

What a cross from Doukara! And a lovely finish from Roofe.

• Advertisement

Fantastic goal, absolutely brilliant.

Delighted for him!

Pontus needs to be careful here, that was a bit daft

feckin get in

Wood really deserves that, has barely gotten a sniff all game but works so tirelessly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

this is the best birthday ever.

christ almighty the smile on my face right now.

Thats a great result!

For the first time in years I'll concede...that's a solid Leeds team. Very few weak links. Some, like Jansson, are amongst the best in their positions in the Championship, very well supported by a team that looks...again for the first time in years...hungry.

And clearly a fine manager. Friend just texted "best since Wilkinson", perhaps still early for that, but he's doing a great job.

• Advertisement

Ah Jesus folks. We have possibly our best manager in years looking after a very solid outfit. And it's classic Leeds, not that fancy outfit that David O'Leary put together, more like that efficient and workmanlike group that Wilkinson put together to take Leeds up. With a midfield that could break at will and put the ball into a strong striker...sure Roofe, Doukara, Sacko and Wood don't compare with McAllister, Strachan, Speed and Chapman, but let's show a bit more enthusiasm...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭championc

What a time to have Brighton next followed by Reading. This team is ready for anyone right now. High on self belief. Other results this weekend really went our way too.

Was at the game. Twas amazing to see a full Elland Road again.

MOT!

IMG_2379.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

And clearly a fine manager. Friend just texted "best since Wilkinson", perhaps still early for that, but he's doing a great job.

A fine manager who's contract runs out at the end of the season. Need to get him signed up asap.

Bigger crowd yesterday than at White Hart Lane and a few other EPL fixtures. With Newcastle and Villa coming down, and teams like Leeds, Wednesday and Derby hovering around play off spots, could be a big year for Championship attendances...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

Was at the game. Twas amazing to see a full Elland Road again.

MOT!

IMG_2379.jpg

A couple from my end disappointing for us but a good atmosphere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

So we visit Cambridge United in the FA cup, 1st week in Jan.
    I know the league is top priority but I love the cup, hopefully get past 2 or 3 rounds

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It was all going so well! Cellino faces an 18 month ban from football and a £250k fine over a payment made as part of the Ross McCormack transfer to Fulham. The club also faces a £250k fine.

Link here to article in the Daily Mail (I know!)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-4009580/Massimo-Cellino-facing-250-000-fine-18-month-suspension-football-Ross-McCormack-deal.html

Statement from Cellino on the Clubs Official Site
    https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club-news/21420/a-message-from-massimo-cellino

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club-news/21420/a-message-from-massimo-cellino
    A message from Massimo Cellino.
    I am surprised to read the news regarding the FA’s intentions to ban and fine me, as well as fine the Club. I am not guilty and I will take the right steps to defend myself through the tribunal.

I feel that I am guilty of one thing, protecting Leeds United since I took charge of the Club. I ask the players, manager and my staff to continue to work with loyalty and professionalism and to keep fighting for the Club everyday on and off the pitch.

I am sure that the public in this country and the free press will take the time to look into this case and find the truth.

Massimo Cellino 

in response to this rag
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-4009580/Massimo-Cellino-facing-250-000-fine-18-month-suspension-football-Ross-McCormack-deal.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
    Ref:McCormack

Still being haunted by things of the past. Can they not shag off and leave it off.

Can we not enjoy the run of good results without this media bull**** creating a storm and causing unrest!

:(

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It was all going so well! Cellino faces an 18 month ban from football and a £250k fine over a payment made as part of the Ross McCormack transfer to Fulham...

The good news just keeps rolling in! Could we appeal and ask for a lifetime ban?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

The good news just keeps rolling in! Could we appeal and ask for a lifetime ban?

Its Breaking news on SS News now. Cellino banned for 18 months and fined £250,000 for breach of rules regarding agents. Club also fined £250,000 over sale of Ross McCormack. Ban to take effect from 1/2/2017.

I reckon he will try and sell the club asap now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I'm no fan of MC but ffs, just when the team is going really well this **** happens. I swear there is a curse on this team since we got relegated from the PL! :mad:

Will this really make a huge difference considering he won't be around to mess things around?

Also, might hasten his exit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

I wonder will this effect investing in the team in January? I would imagine with the promotion push we are on, we should be able to attract higher quality players to the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Will this really make a huge difference considering he won't be around to mess things around?

Also, might hasten his exit...

It's instability in the middle of a crucial part of the season. Things were settled down where the only talk was of how the team was performing. This has the potential to unsettle things again and as blaa85 said, it will very possibly impact on any potential January dealings in the transfer market.
    Unless we have a buyer waiting to move in who is prepared to take over swiftly without dragging it out (and who is prepared to back the club in January or allow the club room to trade in January), I can't see any way of looking at this as anything other than a negative with the potential to halt our gallop.

Disaster, Phillips handles it on the line. Down to ten men and Brighton score the penalty. Would have been better off just conceding the goal!

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Disaster, Phillips handles it on the line. Down to ten men and Brighton score the penalty. Would have been better off just conceding the goal!

Let alone Janssen and Ayling are on yellows, and I don't think they'll last.

Poor by Bartley there.

Still be nice if it was recognised that Brighton player had the Jersey held.

On the plus side, some "trusted posters" on waccoe reckon a takeover deal is done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Sol bamba today for Cardiff , cannot wait to see this footage !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Sol bamba today for Cardiff , cannot wait to see this footage !!!!!

Here it is:
    https://twitter.com/WALMOT333/status/807640737374498816

(Hope you can view it, if not WALMOT333 on twitter is the place to see it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Sheela wrote: »
    Here it is:
    https://twitter.com/WALMOT333/status/807640737374498816

(Hope you can view it, if not WALMOT333 on twitter is the place to see it)

Looks like I fell for the internet hype , thought he battered Warnock lol.....very dissapointed

1-0 up against Reading at half time, back up to 4th at the mo

Chris Wood gone off early as a precaution :(

• Advertisement

1-0 up against Reading at half time, back up to 4th at the mo

Chris Wood gone off early as a precaution :(

BBC suggesting Leeds have had...22% possession?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38217653

Surely shome mishtake?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement