Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Pulsar VZR

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Mate of mine is selling his VZR N1.. and he'd have no problems with you flooring it ;) It's an extra option for ya I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Any place selling a performance car should let you floor it.
    What's the point in a test drive in a car like that if you can't!

Had a test drive in a 1.7 civic vtec today (priv sale btw) and the owner was making absolutely sure we did floor it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

They'l expect you to give it some welly,with the likes of either car when you do and vtec or vvl engages,look in the rear view mirror for any clouds of smoke once the changeover occurs.

Re the auction sheet,sometimes you wont get the auction sheet when you import depending on who the agent is (seems to be people who imported via ibc) so if theres none available just quizz them some more,but i wouldnt be jumping up and running out of the place just because theres no sheet there.

A good inspection of the car will let you know if it was a lower grade and repair or a straight clean car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

when i was up in jap cars over the last few weeks, quite a few of their cars had the auction sheets still in the car so you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Having owned a VZR for the past year I would deffo give it my recommendation.

I love mine to bits.

At stock its low profile but when the needs calls it still has plenty of unf.

Its down to your taste at the end of the day, I prefer having something not run of the mill ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

am i the only one that doesnt like the look of the vzr at all?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Mate of mine is selling his VZR N1.. and he'd have no problems with you flooring it ;) It's an extra option for ya I guess.

Unless he would be letting it go at 8000e (which I doubt) I would be nearly interested.
    Doodee wrote: »
    Having owned a VZR for the past year I would deffo give it my recommendation.

I love mine to bits.

At stock its low profile but when the needs calls it still has plenty of unf.

Its down to your taste at the end of the day, I prefer having something not run of the mill ;)
    Yeah thats one thing I love about it. My mate has a stock 2.0l gti. Basicly like any normal almera but this can get 140mph lol! Hes actually offerring it to me for 3500e
    copeyhagen wrote: »
    am i the only one that doesnt like the look of the vzr at all?

I love it imo. As you've seen I own the "god ugly" wine almera (:o) but it has a Vzr front and rear bumper. Suppose down to taste. Cant wait to get rid of it tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Any place selling a performance car should let you floor it.
    What's the point in a test drive in a car like that if you can't!

Had a test drive in a 1.7 civic vtec today (priv sale btw) and the owner was making absolutely sure we did floor it!

My uncle put an S14 in a wall in 6-8seconds outside his house literally just flooring it. I know because it was mine!:(

Just a word of caution :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

draffodx wrote: »
    Your using a bebo page to prove that all owners of hondas are skangers? Theres no denying that theres alot of them, in the nearest town to me theres about 4 ****mobiles with skangers driving them, but I;m apart of the Integra owners club and all the members there are extremely mature and nothing like skangers at all.

I know of 3 bmw's with lexus lights and stupid looking bodykits on them in the town too driven by skangers as well, and theres plenty of people like that driving the likes of audi a3's a4's, bmw's (maybe not the expensive ones) plenty of golfs and passats.

True the honda has to be pushed but that was always the design idea, there by no means the perfect car or for everybody, I'd advise anyone thinking of one to take a good long test drive in one and see if they can adapt there driving style to suit the car because there gutless at low revs.

cheap bmw rwd cars are gonna be bought up by skangers for "diffen" or whatever its called.

Its Vzr S.I.R ;)

Yeh the simplest thing to do is take a test drive in both, the civic will wow you though if you've never driven anything like it before because of its kick, so take a step back and compare the two ro see what suits you, remember the Vzr wont have high torque figures either but its power will kick in more smoothly

Lets be honest,

theres idiots everwhere, all walks of life, be it in yer job, in yer social life or in the club your a member of...

car clubs do there best to remove this idiots but its a hard task.

i agree with the scum statement, ofcourse theres skangers/scum driving good cars but theres good people driving good things too, for most its a phase that after a set amount of time they grow out of....

as for the honda part- i personally don't like them due to the excessive under steer, there unibody design is a master piece of engineering, really helps making any suspension mods worth the little bit better by being as ridged as f***. Ofcourse you need a long test drive, always bring 20 quid for petrol so even if you don't buy the car, you are giving the guy his petrol money back at the same time your getting a killer drive, no 1 lap around the block kinda crap.

Yes, sadly all the cheap e30/e36's are being diffed and drifted/diffin'ed but with the retards not realising how hard the e30 is to drive fast... yeah not alot of them around in useable condition

civics have a bit of acceleration but at high speeds they have the same issue all hot hatchs have... more strongly then most ive seen, at 80-100+ you will notice that the car becomes less responsive and as you hit the top speed mark it will barely turn at all... making it dangerous, thanks to the common lack of skill among irish drivers.

also, the vzr engine ( known as the CA5 to most nissan mechanics ) is the best engine if ever worked on.... simple mechanics, tons of room in the bay and plenty of tourqe. a mate has a bog standard one in a standard sunny body and jesus, you could tow anything as we proved... ( broken down cars, family size trailers etc ) its a only a small bit more then the civic but if you where to tune the both of them you'd get more bang for yer buck from the pulsar then the civic.... though the civic would be cheaper for most parts, there just more engines available to the nissan which makes it soooo desireable.

Getting more so on topic:

Best of luck to the OP, im glad to see theres some fans of the pulsar still around.... though t they all died out and bought new golfs :mad:

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Unless he would be letting it go at 8000e (which I doubt) I would be nearly interested.
    I'll ask him about it for ya :)

• Advertisement

He swapped the n1 for a regular vzr, selling that now - needs something for work. looking for 6500 for it.

was looking for 7000 for the n1.. coulda been in there!

^€7000 only? thats pretty good.

I decided Im not gonna import a Vzr, just gonna get it locally.
    Now Im checking out quotes on the insurence, and right now Im with Quinn, but they dont even have a pulsar on their list.

Can anyone recommend a good company who wont rape?

(sorry about bumping the thread, but its easier than making another thread.)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

^€7000 only? thats pretty good.

I decided Im not gonna import a Vzr, just gonna get it locally.
    Now Im checking out quotes on the insurence, and right now Im with Quinn, but they dont even have a pulsar on their list.

Can anyone recommend a good company who wont rape?

(sorry about bumping the thread, but its easier than making another thread.)

Quinn dont list imports on there website anymore you'll have to ring them and if they give you the same crap then ask for a supervisor or manager. seeing as your with them they wont want to lose your business

^Ah! Thanks man! Will give them a ring come monday.

Afai the insurance shouldnt be too bad seeing as in most logbooks they are down as only 1.6 and nothing more.

^Ah! Thanks man! Will give them a ring come monday.

Afai the insurance shouldnt be too bad seeing as in most logbooks they are down as only 1.6 and nothing more.

Thats what they are in every logbook and if you dont state that it is infact a Vzr you will be paying for nothing more than a piece of paper

draffodx wrote: »
    Thats what they are in every logbook and if you dont state that it is infact a Vzr you will be paying for nothing more than a piece of paper

ahright my bad :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Im gonna go up to dublin this week and test drive a pulsar and type R. Just to make sure Im making the right choice.

are Japcars nice guys when it comes to a test drive?

I would also suggest you try testing out, a mitsu mirage cyborg ZR or RS.

The RS is the competitor to the Type R lightweight, and the ZR is the competitor to the Type R .

I drive the ZR, and I don't feel any threat from a type R civic. In fact, it would be happily frighting type R integras.

Again after all this is said. Its down to the driver, also your taste in cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

did any of ye ever consider a 306 GTI-6. Its a proper sleeper, 170 BHP & loads of torque. 0-60 7 sec, 140mph. Evo magazines best hot hatch of all time.
    Would also out handle both the typr R and VZR + they are a million times more comfortable, and will attract no attention from the cops or scooby racers. Can be picked up now for 1/2 nothing, there also a stripped out rallye edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Notch000 wrote: »
    Would also out handle both the typr R and VZR + they are a million times more comfortable

Yea right! More comfortable=softer handling, more body roll, a Peugeout out handle a Type-R haha! :eek: :D

Notch000 wrote: »
    did any of ye ever consider a 306 GTI-6. Its a proper sleeper, 170 BHP & loads of torque. 0-60 7 sec, 140mph. Evo magazines best hot hatch of all time.
    Would also out handle both the typr R and VZR + they are a million times more comfortable, and will attract no attention from the cops or scooby racers. Can be picked up now for 1/2 nothing, there also a stripped out rallye edition.

While the 306 gti-6 is a cracking car it wont be as fast as or out handle a type r or a vzr, thats still not to discount them, they wouldn't be far off and are a great little car!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pulsar vzr

lad the vzr bluetop has 175 brake..thats in the lines of compeating with the vetec and siR civics and some mivecs...however for the few motors that do exceed the bluetops range like the type r ek9...thats then the vzr n1 comes into play..the SR16VE,the most powerful factory procuded 1.6 N/A engine (197bhp)..it took hondas F20c engine to top it..and even at that,thats a 2litre engine..and eventhough the vvl has two stages,believe me you can still feel the pull aswell as the unmistakable noise as it changes over into each stage of the vvl

Not to mention the VVL kicks can be changed if you decide to upgrade the ECU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Are ye sure ye're not driving a DeLorean and put in 2011 instead of 2008?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pulsar vzr

ah thats nothing a vafc or vtec controller cant do regardless remapping,but i believe theres no point even tampering with the valve changeovers unless u remap at least

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Zombie Thread

Thread Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement