Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paper Invoices

Options
  • 06-09-2019 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

Do companies have to issue paper invoices or can they be done electronically?
    Is it legal to issues paper only invoices?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,337 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Sellers have to issue invoices by law. How they issue those invoices is usually an arrangement between seller and buyer ie you can choose whether you receive them in paper or electronic format.

What’s the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Sellers have to issue invoices by law. How they issue those invoices is usually an arrangement between seller and buyer ie you can choose whether you receive them in paper or electronic format.

What’s the problem?

Thanks for answer.

Company we do business with is saying they will only issue electronic invoices. I have asked them for paper invoices as it takes me time to down load their invoices and print them out as I need them for accountant. They say it is their policy to issue only electronic invoices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Thanks for answer.

Company we do business with is saying they will only issue electronic invoices. I have asked them for paper invoices as it takes me time to down load their invoices and print them out as I need them for accountant. They say it is their policy to issue only electronic invoices.

Really? How much time?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Thanks for answer.

That's pretty standard these days with everything trying to do their bit for the environment. If it's taking a while to download then it must be a monstrously huge invoice or you need to upgrade your internet connection!

I ask for emailed copies just a complete waste printing and posting things like that now. I was thinking that must be paper only and that was the problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,337 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Email them straight to your accountant?

• Advertisement

bren2002 wrote: »
    Really? How much time?

i get 5 electronic invoices a day for different locations for deliveries that come 7 days a week. I print them at the end of each month and give them to my accountant. So I have to download 5x30, its a slow process thats takes too much time for me , thats approx 150 pages each one individually downloaded and printed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

i get 5 electronic invoices a day for different locations for deliveries that come 7 days a week. I print them at the end of each month and give them to my accountant. So I have to download 5x30, its a slow process thats takes too much time for me , thats approx 150 pages each one individually downloaded and printed.

Request a statement of account at the end of the month. Or else just ask the company to copy your accountant on the invoices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

So do it each day instead of once a month? 5 minutes today is 2 hours saved in 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

paper invoices are nonsense and of over 25 regular suppliers we have not a single one of them send paper invoices.

Electronic invoices are far easier to manage and archive.

The cost and onus of printing waste paper should be on the person who requires paper.

ezra_ wrote: »
    Request a statement of account at the end of the month. Or else just ask the company to copy your accountant on the invoices.

i asked for that, they said that with their system it is not possible. All the other companies I deal with give me paper invoices so thats the system I am working with.

• Advertisement

whippet wrote: »
    paper invoices are nonsense and of over 25 regular suppliers we have not a single one of them send paper invoices.

Electronic invoices are far easier to manage and archive.

The cost and onus of printing waste paper should be on the person who requires paper.

Maybe it should be but by law the onus is on the person who produces the invoice to produce one on paper if so requested by the invoiced. that is my understanding anyway.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions and answers I have to think about how I can solve the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Tow

Fast internet and proper printer, only takes a few seconds. At least you not dealing with large multinationals who expect you to log into their system for everything.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Is there an IfTTT / Zapier / MSFlow recipe you could reuse?

Tow wrote: »
    Fast internet and proper printer, only takes a few seconds. At least you not dealing with large multinationals who expect you to log into their system for everything.

I have to log in to get the invoices.

bren2002 wrote: »
    Is there an IfTTT / Zapier / MSFlow recipe you could reuse?

i dont know what that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

save the invoice to a folder and email once per month

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

i dont know what that means.

They are services which will run some automated processes for you based on certain criteria and settings. If this happens then do this...

Do a google search on them for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Maybe it should be but by law the onus is on the person who produces the invoice to produce one on paper if so requested by the invoiced. that is my understanding anyway.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions and answers I have to think about how I can solve the situation.

Op you may be able to create a custom program to do this for you. Post a job on upwork or similar for quotes, altough it would be much easier if the company emailed them to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sderiis

Advertisement