Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What boardsies would you bring back?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Yes, she was a quality poster, but what was her name?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Quality?

Yes, that was her. Hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Recliner

BDI wrote: »
    I’d rather 26 I’m not even sure 13 is legal

Yeah, I worded that really badly didn't I..Mortified!!!

What I meant was she seems to me to be a lot younger.
    I'm going away now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

mikeym wrote: »
    I wish Conor McGregor would come back to boards.ie and sort out a few people :D:D:D:D
    He'd want to sort himself out first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    He'd want to sort himself out first.

I don’t see that happening!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

RMAOK wrote: »
    If they are, they don't seem to be as belligerent as 'back in the day"...

I'm still a belligerent fecker. I would love to see TD reopened. Went balls up when Teebs and Dr. left as mods.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

xzanti wrote: »
    Beruthiel
    LeRack
    Kittenkiller
    Page

All feisty women

Also there was a female who would frequent the Thunderdome a lot. Very witty and funny. Can't for the life of me remember her username though.

Flutterinbantam and Pighead for toilet humor

Used to enjoy having the banter with JoeJoeM

Degsy was always good for a laugh too.

Bronte or Suave. Suave closed her account, not sure what happened to Bronte.

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    Bronte or Suave. Suave closed her account, not sure what happened to Bronte.
    Someone said Bronte is still about, but I think that poster was referring to Quality.

I have a feeling Quality is still about too, but that's just a hunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Bronte is still here - just not posting much (on public forums anyway).

It was the best of times and the worse of times!

I remember a poster "Snyper" decided to jump into the insult thread at one stage, but he posted some image from some image sharing site not realising we could click into it and see all his other private images, pics of himself, of his workplace etc.... We didn't expose it, but he was utterly owned and promptly turned around and left.

Photoshopping Slideys face on to a goats head.
    Degsy misusing/failing to understand the concept of "negative equity".
    He's only around 5'6" in real life.

We even had an insult competition at one stage, with a proper league table.

Then the other domers, Captain Darling, Quality, Slidey, Sergeant, Armin Tamzarin, Flutterin Bantam, Fulton Crown, Chef, Bronte, etc.... And djhunter who was transitioning into a female and still around I'm sure.

Certainly a diverse set of individuals to gather in a dark part of boards!

I certainly am still here. Original account but had a few name changes: djhunter, itsthatmanagain, itzy, L.Jenkins (No one seems to appreciate that one :P)

• Advertisement

Ah Itzy, know you now!

I certainly am still here. Original account but had a few name changes: djhunter, itsthatmanagain, itzy, L.Jenkins (No one seems to appreciate that one :P)
    Leeeroyyyyy jenkins!!!

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Ah Itzy, know you now!

Re-reg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

So many memories!

This place was full of brilliant crazy people :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

I'm still a belligerent fecker. I would love to see TD reopened. Went balls up when Teebs and Dr. left as mods.

Doc failed/refused to stop people posting hints (like the actual street) where posters worked.
    So it escalated into a doxxing battle.
    It went balls up under their watch.

Doc failed/refused to stop people posting hints (like the actual street) where posters worked.
    So it escalated into a doxxing battle.
    It went balls up under their watch.

Things got nasty towards the end. Creeping Death seemed to get up peoples back. I was accused mainly by Creeping, of rereging and starting a feedback thread, which I never did, over a post he made that apparently was somewhat defamatory, but I never actually got to see it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

I was accused mainly by Creeping, of rereging and starting a feedback thread, which I never did, over a post he made that apparently was somewhat defamatory, but I never actually got to see it either.

Feel free to revisit, as opposed to rewrite, the past.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055957807

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KoolKluxKlan

Haven’t read Boards in years, but Teddytedson used to be quite funny in a ‘not all there’ sort of way.

Scofflaw was great posts in Politics, along with nesf.

There was also the guy who met a girl in a petrol station, and asked her out, cill dara I think?

The usual jokers like dr.b, Rabies, starbelgrade, keithm89, eventine, bonito and cherryghost too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sam Vimes.

AFT (another free text) and cabbage texter where great apps. I imagine if he was still active he'd be making some other cool apps.

AFT was actually the reason I joined boards back in 2007! I've re-regged since.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Atoms for Peace...just saw that he closed his account. Use to like his threads and username.

• Advertisement

Sunflower27 / Sunflower 27

Missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Yellowpostit01

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is Jonjo the Miser still posting? His threads on the Rose of Tralee were legendary

There was a poster over on the Television Forum who had many different names but the one I remembered was Peter The Ninth. I enjoyed his posts. Also I would unban Franz Von Peppercorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Whatever happened that frada guy? The one with the Jose mouhrino avatar. Really smug guy. Was cock of the walk around AH for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

There was a poster over on the Television Forum who had many different names but the one I remembered was Peter The Ninth. I enjoyed his posts. Also I would unban Franz Von Peppercorn.

He was Peter the Eighth for a while too. Not a fan of RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Slideways

Whatever happened that frada guy? The one with the Jose mouhrino avatar. Really smug guy. Was cock of the walk around AH for years.

I’m not sure he had much to be smug about really.

Came across as a the sort of poster who had to work really hard to try to be funny.

Maybe he is now Bertie’s Horse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Tammy! wrote: »
    Atoms for Peace...just saw that he closed his account. Use to like his threads and username.
    Name of a band with Thom Yorke in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Tammy! wrote: »

That's a loss TBH.

• Advertisement

I would unban Franz Von Peppercorn.
    Aw, hope Franz isn't permanently banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Heavy Beast

TomboRhino and PikoGalore ! What a pair ! Hahahahahaha alright

rawn.

Often didn't agree with him but still

FFred. He seemed like a good egg and gave us all a laugh with his lookalike thread. I sensed he had his demons (like us all) so I do hope all is well with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,275 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It's only reading this that you realise the people who slipped away unnoticed.
    I didn't realise FFred had vanished, he was sweet.
    I haven't seen rectro:electro lately, is she banned again? :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Retro isn't banned:)

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Retro isn't banned:)
    She must be quiet off late, haven't seen her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

She must be quiet off late, haven't seen her.

She hasn't posted in a while , but still pops in and out PM :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

just noticed kunst nugget is no more

just noticed kunst nugget is no more

Ah no. He's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Has Sauve been mentioned in this thread?

I dunno if Sauve was her full name or a shortened version, she posted in the Thunderdome a lot. Eminently sound individual, but obviously nobody would have told her that in The Dome.

There was also a guy called Siri who used to post here. I'm pretty sure he was in school with me, but I may be mistaken. Another sound head with strange/ excellent sense of humour.

Ah jaysus I suspected it was yourself alright! :D

This thread is bringing up some mad memories, seems like a lifetime ago now. Good times, weird times. Not really in touch with many posters anymore, I think we're all grown up and have other shîte to be at rather than talking bollocks on the inthernet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

It has to be Harry Angstrom - I loved him <3<3<3 !!! He was an incredibly intelligent poster, he was also hilariously funny.

I also miss Roundy Mooney, Lapin & GSW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Just noticed that Ariadne's account is closed. Unless she opened a new account.

Ariadne (fka Succubus), I miss reading your posts and hope whereever you are, you're ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Just noticed that Ariadne's account is closed. Unless she opened a new account.

Ariadne (fka Succubus), I miss reading your posts and hope whereever you are, you're ok.
    She chose to close her account herself as she felt it was best for her at the time so at least she wasn't banned! I hope she comes back.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111006804&postcount=8369

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

She's grand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Guy Person wrote: »
    She chose to close her account herself as she felt it was best for her at the time so at least she wasn't banned! I hope she comes back.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111006804&postcount=8369

Thanks for the update!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

I'd bring back jeanjolie and femmejean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I miss Porklife. She is a very funny lady, she is still a member here I just stalked her profile checked but she doesn't post enough for my liking. If you read this Porklife start posting more please!

Yes I am an off-topic wánker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Does anyone here remember jeanjolie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Does anyone here remember jeanjolie?

I do... Let me guess, it was you.
    Twice you've posted about that user.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    She's grand ;)
    She'll be back with some other random username soon :D