Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir's mailbox service has been down "for several weeks"

Options
  • 22-07-2019 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Eir sub-forum is shut. Sorry if this is the wrong place please feel free to move to a more appropriate setting.

Last Thursday, my sister called me on my Eir landline and remarked in passing that she had called several times only to find that I no longer had a mailbox on which she could leave messages.

As I run a sole proprietorship freelance writing consultancy, I was very concerned to learn this as I am heavily reliant on my Eir business landline mailbox to take messages from clients who I may not be able to talk to immediately.

This morning, I finally got through to Eir’s 1800601701 hotline to ask why they had suspended my service without telling me. I was told that the mailbox
    service had been down for "several weeks” (it eventually turned out that the service had been deactivated “some time in June”). I was then told that
    the company’s failure to notify me of the removal of service was an “unfortunate oversight”. Sadly, the lady who I spoke to could give me no indication as to when the service might be resumed, or whether or not Eir might inform customers of its return.

Frustratingly, I have no idea how many jobs I may have lost as a result of Eir’s poor service. I am sure you have other readers who are in a similar
    position. Would be interesting to find out if Eir household accounts are likewise affected

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭chinwag

Eir mailbox problem was mentioned while I was waiting to be connected yesterday, I'm a domestic customer but not a user of their mailbox. Can understand your frustration, maybe an answering machine of your own would be useful.

My dad is experiencing same issue as you chinbox. At his age he doesn't resort to another email service provider!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Eir's Voice Mail is still down and apparently has been unavailable since "early June".

When I spoke to someone in Eir's Customer Care (Couldn't Care Less more like) Department, I was told the problem was because of "server issues" and they had no idea when it would be back up.

When I complained that Eir had not bothered to contact business account holders to advise them about the unavailability, I was told that "calling everyone was not possible." When i mentioned that Eir could have easily mass-emailed alerts/updates and complained about how their laziness and incompetence was costing me money, the person I was talking to simply hung up. Great company.

Advertisement