Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon river boats

Options
  • 25-02-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Anyone tell me the name of the company that makes the carbon river boats? French i think! any in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Hey,

When you say "river boat" are you thinking of racking type or white water creek boat style?

A

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

White water freestyle boats, I remember seeing something about them on youtube. cant think of the name.

Looking for a boat to do the grand canyon in. carbon/glass boats are preferred.

Ah,

Well there are a few differant composite freestyle kayaks other there at the moment.

Gui Gui - Prod / Easy Mix which are french made and the ones you most likely have seen on youtube. There are a couple of them now residant in Limerick and can be regularly seen on Curragower.

Wavesport 54 CX - These were released at the start of last summer and only made in limited numbers and sold by special order. Only two as far as I know made it to Ireland

Shaggy Designs - A company from Canada have being makins composite boats for quiet some time called the Saint / Sinner. I know there is one of these for sale at the moment by one of the guys from Limerick.

There are a few others set to hit the market soonish.

Vajda who noramlly make competion race boats have entered the freestyle market with their Stealth.

Riot Kayaks are almost set to release their full carbon Riot Astro this spring which Fisher can be seen sporting these days.

English company Downtime who make squirt boats have had a k1 freestyle boat in the works for quiet some time now.

Most of those will be hard enough come by but if you really wanted one I'm sure you could. As with all things shiny / carbon / composite you will pay a handsome sum to own one.

Adrian

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

I could not ask for more info then that. Do you sell kayaks by any chance? How come you know so much?

Hey,

Nope I don't sell boats and I wouldn't say I know that much, just a bit of an annorack I guess.

A

• Advertisement
Advertisement