Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone bargain.

Options
  • 10-08-2020 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭

Was looking to change Broadband provider and contacted Vodafone as Siro is available to me but wasn't expecting much off them but I was surprised.

BB & basic TV offers were for 12 months on a 12 month contract.

500MB Broadband including a landline €30 a month, (1000MB was €40), TV with 80 channels (Irish stations in HD) was another €15 a month.
    A TV multi room box was another €10 a month with a €99 one off install fee for each box but if you ordered 2 or more boxes, you got one install free.

Sky Sports and BT Sports were €1 extra for 6 months and then €40 each for another 6 months and these could be cancelled at any stage.
    €1 offer isn't advertised anywhere so wasn't sure if it was because I was a new customer.
    There was another discount if I had a mobile with them but wasn't told what it was as mobile had to be main name.

So monthly total for 500MB BB, TV, Sky Sports, BT Sports, Landline and 2 multi rooms is €106 a month for 12 months plus one €99 install fee on top.
    My bill had gone up to over €200 with Sky and Virgin for same package apart from a lower BB speed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Was looking to change Broadband provider and contacted Vodafone as Siro is available to me but wasn't expecting much off them but I was surprised.

500MB Broadband including a landline €30 a month, (1000MB was €40), TV with 80 channels (Irish stations in HD) was another €15 a month.
    A TV multi room box was another €10 a month with a €99 one off install fee for each box but if you ordered 2 or more boxes, you got one install free.

Sky Sports and BT Sports were €1 extra for 6 months and then €40 each for another 6 months and these could be cancelled at any stage.
    €1 offer isn't advertised anywhere so wasn't sure if it was because I was a new customer.
    There was another discount if I had a mobile with them but wasn't told what it was as mobile had to be main name.

So monthly total for 500MB BB, TV, Sky Sports, BT Sports, Landline and 2 multi rooms is €86 a month for 12 months plus one €99 install fee on top.
    My bill had gone up to over €200 with Sky and Virgin for same package apart from a lower BB speed.

What's your commission % for sign ups??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

What's your commission % for sign ups??

Nothing/zero, have nothing to do with Vodafone or any sign ups.
    Just thought it was a bargain compared to what I was paying Virgin and Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Be aware that the SIRO broadband doubles to 60 a month after 12 months.

1000MB is 30 also on their website, so you’re being robbed if you’re quoted 40. Rises to 70 after 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Not a bargain, you were just getting ripped off for a long time and some may say you still are.

1000MB is 30 also on their website, so you’re being robbed if you’re quoted 40. Rises to 70 after 12 months.

True but you do get 12 months at the lower rate, if they are too high a price in
    12 months time, I'll go to whoever has the best deal then.

The €30 offer for 1GB isn't for all connections. I asked why but couldn't get a proper answer apart from "that deal is finished" and that was only after 3 Live Chats, didn't argue for it as thought the offer on the table was good enough.

• Advertisement

Not a bargain, you were just getting ripped off for a long time

Was only kicking in next month after all the discounts had finished, that's why I looked to move.
    DopeTech wrote: »
    some may say you still are.

If you know where I can get everything in the 1st post above for less than €94 a month, please pass on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭batistuta9

How did you get €86, Should it not be even cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I moved to Vodafone last December. Would have been a big fan until I was left with no TV or internet for 6 days recently. Shocking support service, only got it back in 6 days thanks to a very persistent member of their social media team.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    How did you get €86, Should it not be even cheaper

It's cheaper for the 1st 6 months but that's the monthly cost over 12 months averaged out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭Nollog

True but you do get 12 months at the lower rate, if they are too high a price in

The €30 offer for 1GB isn't for all connections. I asked why but couldn't get a proper answer apart from "that deal is finished" and that was only after 3 Live Chats, didn't argue for it as thought the offer on the table was good enough.

I always get told to go ahead and cancel when I ask for a better deal, heh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

I got the €30 for 1Gb Siro off Vodafone last Thursday.

Was a Web only offer but I called to confirm the offer (which was on the Siro website)

Spoke with a CS rep and she was able to get the offer (€30 per month for 1Gb, 12 month contract) installation tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Then just move..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Nothing/zero, have nothing to do with Vodafone or any sign ups.
    Just thought it was a bargain compared to what I was paying Virgin and Sky.

He's only pulling your leg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

I pay e35 siro gigabyte, last 2 years approx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

So monthly total for 500MB BB, TV, Sky Sports, BT Sports, Landline and 2 multi rooms is €86 a month for 12 months plus one €99 install fee on top.

So....
    Broadband @ €30 per month x 12 = €360
    TV @ €15 per month x 12 = €180
    2no. Multiroom @ €10 each per month = €240
    Sky Sports @ €40 per month for 6 months = €246
    BT Sports@ €40 per month for 6 months = €246
    Total = €1272, or €106 per month over 12 months, plus €99 installation.

My maths could be out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Anyone who pays full price for any service when out of contract is a sucker.

Call and threaten to cancel or move to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Anyone who pays full price for any service when out of contract is a sucker.

Call and threaten to cancel or move to someone else.

Did that with Pure Telecom, they just said "yeah no problem" so I did and vent with Vodafone.

Its mind-boggling that companies won't try retain customers. They would prefer loose a customer rather than match a competitors Offer (or even offer the same offer that new customers get to existing customers in order to retain them).

If, in 12 months, Vodafone don't try retain our custom we will move again.

Soarer wrote: »
    So....
    Broadband @ €30 per month x 12 = €360
    TV @ €15 per month x 12 = €180
    2no. Multiroom @ €10 each per month = €240
    Sky Sports @ €40 per month for 6 months = €246
    BT Sports@ €40 per month for 6 months = €246
    Total = €1272, or €106 per month over 12 months, plus €99 installation.

My maths could be out though.

Yeah I assume OP accidentally put Sky Sports and BT Sports at €40 per month total rather than €40 per month each.

Yeah I assume OP accidentally put Sky Sports and BT Sports at €40 per month total rather than €40 per month each.

Yep.
    Not as cheap as I thought but still nearly half price of what they wanted next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Don’t forget op, if it’s anything like EirTV, they’ll cordon off a certain amount of bandwidth for each tv box, which could affect your surfing.

• Advertisement

I'm looking to move from Vodafone at the moment after 7+ years with them. The new website is impossible to navigate and customer service is non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭chases0102

Sky €50 p/m for SIRO and TV recently a great deal (for new customers) imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭razorronan

I'm looking to move from Vodafone at the moment after 7+ years with them. The new website is impossible to navigate and customer service is non-existent.

Recently switched from Vodafone to An Post mobile as An Post use Vodafone's signal. Found it very good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Yeah I don't see the bargin here, I have 1GB broadband from Digiweb costing 55 a month, was 25 for 4 months or so, and another 40 for Sky with Sports and Sports extra, all you have to do is ring up every 6 months and treaten to cancel sports and they will decrease the price.

I also have the HUGE benefit of not having to go through Vodafone who are absolutely useless at support or customer service of any kind. I also got my installation of both free.

How on earth you you were paying over 200 for TV and broadband before I will never know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭dubmick

Also worth noting that Vodafone do not have Sky Sports in HD. Baffling in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Biggest problem is the lack of HD for sports. As far as I am aware only sky or Virgin provide sky in HD. Eir, Vodafone etc do not. This for me is a big problem.
    Apart from that I dont know what VF TV is like. I know I had eir iptv for a year and it was beyond terrible

Yeah I don't see the bargin here, I have 1GB broadband from Digiweb costing 55 a month, was 25 for 4 months or so, and another 40 for Sky with Sports and Sports extra, all you have to do is ring up every 6 months and treaten to cancel sports and they will decrease the price.

I also have the HUGE benefit of not having to go through Vodafone who are absolutely useless at support or customer service of any kind. I also got my installation of both free.

So you are paying €85 total a month for 1GB over a year, Sky, Sky Sports and Sports Extra including installation.
    I'm paying €115 total a month for 500MB BB, Sky, Sky Sports, BT Sports,
    2 extra multi room boxes and a landline including installation.
    So for an extra €30 (for 1st year) getting a few bits extra.

Vodafone support so far is a lot better than what I've had previously but there's good and bad stories to every provider.
    How on earth you you were paying over 200 for TV and broadband before I will never know

Wasn't, it was only kicking in next month after all the discounts had finished, that's why I looked to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

razorronan wrote: »
    Recently switched from Vodafone to An Post mobile as An Post use Vodafone's signal. Found it very good so far.

Interesting. I recently ported a spare number from Vodafone to Post Mobile to try it and see was there any difference in service. As soon as the port went through and I popped in the An Post sim the phone spent a good 80% of the time saying no service despite never seeing No Service on Vodafone before. I also had to call An Post 3 times for them to submit my port for some reason. Ended up porting back to Vodafone 24 hours later and the No Service screen was never seen again Possible I had a dodgy sim from AnPost but def wouldn't recommend them based on my brief experience.

back on topic. Sister is looking at getting SIRO installed at the minute. Is the vodafone site the best offering?

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Sister is looking at getting SIRO installed at the minute. Is the vodafone site the best offering?

Seems to be, 1GB for €30 a month for 12 months nobody else close.
    I tried to get upgraded to the 1GB from 500MB, told I'd have to cancel the original order (Live Chat) and order online as the offer was for online orders only.
    Couldn't get the guy to change my order unfortunately and wasn't sure if I'd still get the sports offer for €1 and didn't want to be without BB so left it as was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Biggest problem is the lack of HD for sports. As far as I am aware only sky or Virgin provide sky in HD. Eir, Vodafone etc do not. This for me is a big problem.
    Apart from that I dont know what VF TV is like. I know I had eir iptv for a year and it was beyond terrible

The biggest issue (other than my 6 days without TV or internet) with the TV is no Sky channels. No Sky One, no Living etc. If you're watching certain series on these channels it's a pain. I switched from Virgin last year and hadn't realised this, but found other ways to watch the shows I was missing out on.

Saving a lot of money, however my recent experience is pushing me back to Virgin when my contract ends.

Advertisement