Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Close Thread" Checkbox on Quick Reply

Options
  • 14-01-2014 11:27pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Heyo,

Just a quick suggestion to make all mods' (mostly me tbh, don't care 'bout the rost of those degenerates :P).

Would it be possible to add a checkbox to the QR box beside the "Quote Message in reply?" and "Show Sig" ones to close threads? Maybe add another to stick threads so it's two columns of two?

Or is it specifically designed so that there's that extra step to take before you can close a thread?

Just a thought, I'm sure there are more pressing matters right now. ;)

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Excuse me for butting in but are you aware that double-clicking the envelope beside a thread from the forum page locks the thread? Image attached.

289028.png

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yup, I knew that. :)

I knew there was a faster way to lock threads, but I thought a check box in QR would just be more convenient.

Few scenarios that I thought it'd be useful for:
    - Mod is reading down through a thread and it's getting increasingly out of control, wants to close it and leave just a simple "We're done." message.
    - You click into a thread and see it's spam.
    - (The main reason I thought of it) In C&H we do playpens where people answer questions for a week, then the thread is locked and another person starts a thread. I personally like to post a thank you at the end of the thread and then lock it. atm that requires going into Advanced.

2 of those are probably the same, but shur. :pac:

Like I said, not exactly a high priority thing, just something I thought could be considered. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement