Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary car rental

Options
  • 13-08-2020 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey. Cars head gasket blew yesterday and I was already looking for new car and just waiting on loan approval. I have a car till tomorrow with European as was provided by breakdown insurance. Rather than hand out for a new head gasket I was gonna rent for a couple of weeks. Hopefully get one in Dublin Airport. Prices seem to vary a lot and was wondering should I avoid certain companys and what type of insurance I need. I have full comp ATM so not sure will I need excess as never rented before. Tia for any help/advice

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Normal car rental includes insurance. You can get cheaper rental by temp transferring fully comp sometimes.

Most of the places will do deals on the phone for medium term rentals now; once you're >25 with a full licence >2 years. Below either of those and only very few will rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Check out easirent I have used for vans and they're at least half the price of enterprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fozzy97

L1011 wrote: »
    Normal car rental includes insurance. You can get cheaper rental by temp transferring fully comp sometimes.

Most of the places will do deals on the phone for medium term rentals now; once you're >25 with a full licence >2 years. Below either of those and only very few will rent.
    So I have the fully comp on the rental now. If I transfer that to new rental then I won't need excess insurance? Thks

Advertisement