Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of scrap

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,133 ✭✭✭✭Base price

eurokev wrote: »
    do scrapyards take cars
    Under legislation scrapyards/establishments accepting cars and other vehicles for destruction must be licensed.
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2014/si/281/made/en/print

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Was in the local scrap metal/recycling place in Cavan during the week, and the lad there took a phone call from a woman in Cabra, who had a little Opel she wanted rid off. He told her it would be collected by 10 am the next morning.
    was surprised they would go so far for one car, must be a few eurp profit in them still.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

here in the South East they collect from homeowners etc and usually offer nothing to take away , so best bring it yourself and get paid at their yard.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Was in the local scrap metal/recycling place in Cavan during the week, and the lad there took a phone call from a woman in Cabra, who had a little Opel she wanted rid off. He told her it would be collected by 10 am the next morning.
    was surprised they would go so far for one car, must be a few eurp profit in them still.....
    As you know I would be up and down the M3 several times a week.
    Often seen scrapyourcar.ie recovery vehicles on it and they ain't there to look at the scenery and buzzards along the way ;)
    Wouldn't be my first choice of scrapyard to pick up a part from. Lots of others in the area that IMO are more helpful, with pleasant staff, cheaper and have a better returns policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

This was Felix Gormleys . Send a truck to Dublin and back would be probably nine or ten gallons of diesel, he would want to be getting a load of them.

• Advertisement

This was Felix Gormleys . Send a truck to Dublin and back would be probably nine or ten gallons of diesel, he would want to be getting a load of them.
    scrapyourcar.ie is Felix Gormley.
    Often seen their lorry heading East to Dublin on the M3 loaded with cars on board. I presume there is active trade with different makes/models between Counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭farmer2018

How are scrap prices at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,745 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

farmer2018 wrote: »
    How are scrap prices at the moment?

Through the floor I would imagine with the slowdown of economic activity.

Even the ethnic favourite, copper, has gone down, new cabling tends to be fibre optic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

My electrician was telling me he went down to Crossdoney with wire offcuts and old wire he pulled out of rewire jobs. Gormley quoted x price on a Friday
    He went down Saturday morning , weighted in and out. Price paid was 1/4 less and Gormley charged him weighbridge charge

Went to Wilton the following week with the 2nd half of it and got the same price Gormley quoted and no charges for weighbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Anyone scrap a car lately? How much did ye get? Got a quote of 50 collected, is that the going rate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭farmer2018

Sugarbowl wrote: »
    Anyone scrap a car lately? How much did ye get? Got a quote of 50 collected, is that the going rate?

I got quoted 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Gman1987

Got a quote of €84 this week from Cartakeback.ie

Advertisement