Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 €119.99 @ Argos

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Dec4 wrote: »
    Do people actually check for stock before they look for reservation codes...?
    At the moment it is orderable from Jervis, Ilac St, Stephens Green and there's 1 in stock in Blanch and 1 in Dundrum...
    It's called checkargos...:)

I had checked earlier and none were available.. Must have changed after closing time with non collections. Nice one sorted in swords thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Dec4

Dec4 wrote: »
    Do people actually check for stock before they look for reservation codes...?
    At the moment it is orderable from Jervis, Ilac St, Stephens Green and there's 1 in stock in Blanch and 1 in Dundrum...
    It's called checkargos...:)

All gone again...plenty of lurkers on here;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I think there are a few coming online from people who didn't pick up or reserved in multiple stores. I saw one pop up last night in ~Tallaght and picked it up today. Everything else in Dublin was gone.

Cheers OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mossy464

Anyone know where to get a screen protector for thats not from China? All I can see on eBay is Chinese sellers which will take weeks to get here

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭scottigael

mossy464 wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get a screen protector for thats not from China? All I can see on eBay is Chinese sellers which will take weeks to get here

Loads on Amazon.

Jessym50 wrote: »
    Any codes for dublin would be appreciated , it's my mams birthday and would like to buy her a new phone

it's my granny's 90th and she needs a smartphone to skype with the triplets that she's sponsoring in Burkini Faso so if anyone has a code that would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

mossy464 wrote: »

Amazon or search adverts for redmi 5 screen protector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭Villa05

For those of you that missed this deal.
    I got fed up with argos and picked up the Redmi note 7 on amazon UK from Chinese registered sellers.
    Ordered
    Phone 118euro from 1 seller

And screen protector and case from a separate seller.

Items ordered on Monday morning and arrived on Thursday in the one package. Postage 5.99

Note the phone arrived with its own perfectly adequate protective case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Villa05 wrote: »
    I got fed up with argos and picked up the Redmi note 7 on amazon UK from Chinese registered sellers.
    Ordered

Items ordered on Monday morning and arrived on Thursday in the one package. Postage 5.99

How does it compare spec wise?

cormie wrote:
    How does it compare spec wise?

There is a link to a review of the note 7 on page 6 of this thread gsmarena

• Advertisement

Villa05 wrote: »
    Ordered

link to that price of 118 euro????

glasso wrote:
    link to that price of 118 euro????

Sorry just checked seller I purchased from is out of stock.

For die hards there are some good options in android devices forum thread

"Android phone for 200 or less"

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I gave up and bought the note 7 on amazon for 200, I can sell my current phone to cex for 70 so I'm happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

With HUUUGGGEEE thanks to a user here who helped me out getting one of these, I now have to set it up suitable for an (very) auld wan :)

Literally, it has to be simplified to make calls, send texts, maybe browser and will probably set up whatapp and messenger for her to talk to family abroad.

Anyone got any suggestions for an app or loader to hide all the extra stuff she wont need. I am not really confident about rooting and stuff.

Otherwise I will just dump everything, one by one into a folder and tell her to ignore it.

I literally want to have a 3310 with wings.

Thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

With HUUUGGGEEE thanks to a user here who helped me out getting one of these, I now have to set it up suitable for an (very) auld wan :)

Literally, it has to be simplified to make calls, send texts, maybe browser and will probably set up whatapp and messenger for her to talk to family abroad.

Set up Nova Launcher as default, with only one home screen page & then put only the required apps on it.

Anyone got any suggestions for an app or loader to hide all the extra stuff she wont need. I am not really confident about rooting and stuff.

Otherwise I will just dump everything, one by one into a folder and tell her to ignore it.

I literally want to have a 3310 with wings.

Thanks all

Set up Nova Launcher as default launcher , with only one home screen page & then put only the required apps on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

jgbyr wrote: »
    Set up Nova Launcher as default launcher , with only one home screen page & then put only the required apps on it.

I installed it on my own phone, the mimax 2. Not pushed on it, but she won't know the difference I guess.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

jgbyr wrote: »

Not only that but enable the "lock desktop" option which will stop them accidentally dragging apps off screen etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Irishder

Is this finished now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

The Redmi note 7 is available on gearbest for 143 euros.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I see the entire Mii Note line has been scrapped by Xiaomi. Hopefully this doesn't affect updates etc for the handsets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Sam Hain wrote: »
    The Redmi note 7 is available on gearbest for 143 euros.

What about customs though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭septicsac

Buy off eglobal at your own risk, a right shower of.......

septicsac wrote: »
    Buy off eglobal at your own risk, a right shower of.......

never had an issue with them personally over say 8 orders. all deliveries within a week to 12 days.

if you order an item that is in short supply / new then you run the risk of a delay as they don't actually have it in stock but not with a product that has been out on the market for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bondja80

if you choose shipping Ireland priority line, then there will not be custom charges.
    https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009575346063.html?wid=1349303#goodsDetail

• Advertisement

bondja80 wrote: »
    if you choose shipping Ireland priority line, then there will not be custom charges.
    https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009575346063.html?wid=1349303#goodsDetail

I've often wondered how reliable that is - have you used it and no extra charges? what is the shipping time about approximately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You can't guarantee no customs charges unless priority means from an EU warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Another option if you don't like the MIUI launcher is POCO launcher available from App Store it's a Xiaomi product and it works good on my Redmi 6 Pro. Has an App drawer which I prefer.

Advertisement