Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet/Flooring

Options
  • 07-02-2019 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Any cheap and cheerful recommendations for flooring? Our attic conversion has turned out to be far bigger than we expect and budget is now very tight for the flooring as a result!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Laminate is usually the cheapest,B & Q Liffey valley always have something to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

Can recommend https://www.flooringsuperstore.com

You can order samples to help decide what you want. Saved a fortune carpeting 3 rooms. However the quality isn't the best as i was on a tight budget, but looks very good in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Chr15

I've just put flooring down in my house. Carpet worked out cheaper than laminate. Got 3 bedrooms and landing in house fitted with underlay for €1000. You could pick a cheaper carpet though if it's just for an attic space not going to be used very often. Laminate downstairs cost a little more than that for materials (incl underlay and beading). If you laid it yourself you could save on that cost which I had to add on. Again you could go for a cheap laminate to save money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Chr15 wrote: »
    I've just put flooring down in my house. Carpet worked out cheaper than laminate. Got 3 bedrooms and landing in house fitted with underlay for €1000. You could pick a cheaper carpet though if it's just for an attic space not going to be used very often. Laminate downstairs cost a little more than that for materials (incl underlay and beading). If you laid it yourself you could save on that cost which I had to add on. Again you could go for a cheap laminate to save money

Would you mind PM’ing me where you went? We’ve been quoted over 1000 for carpeting one room (albeit big)....

PM sent

• Advertisement

Could I have a pm also, good price for the carpet

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 makalay

Chr15 wrote: »

Could you PM me the details please?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

We got really cheap laminate (and I mean cheap in price) in b and q. We'd a huge area to cover and couldn't believe our luck at what b and q was clearing. 7eur a box and it really looks the part has worn well is in a high traffic area. I'd recommend taking a look there. We saved a fortune think it came to 240eur in total. We'd a few boxes left over gave them to the neighbour for his attic. He said it was perfect for the attic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

ImARebel wrote: »
    We got really cheap laminate (and I mean cheap in price) in b and q. We'd a huge area to cover and couldn't believe our luck at what b and q was clearing. 7eur a box and it really looks the part has worn well is in a high traffic area. I'd recommend taking a look there. We saved a fortune think it came to 240eur in total. We'd a few boxes left over gave them to the neighbour for his attic. He said it was perfect for the attic
    Get that lately bud?

• Advertisement

As in last 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

it was about 6 months ago alright. But I was in there only lately (Naas) and they were selling off other batches of wood, if it's only for an attic I would be surprised if you don't find something suitable. I think they seem to do it pretty regularly. Worth a look

i wanted it for kitchen diner so it needed to look some bit respectable and not clash with the kitchen :D if it was the attic I'd have gone even cheaper again, lol

ImARebel wrote: »
    it was about 6 months ago alright. But I was in there only lately (Naas) and they were selling off other batches of wood, if it's only for an attic I would be surprised if you don't find something suitable. I think they seem to do it pretty regularly. Worth a look

i wanted it for kitchen diner so it needed to look some bit respectable and not clash with the kitchen :D if it was the attic I'd have gone even cheaper again, lol
    Thanks for the feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Baileycharlie

Could you PM me the details of the carpet supplier too please. Thanks v much

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruaneg

Would also appreciate the details too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭franco25

Hi if you could pm the details aswell that would be great,looking for some similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭woodyman

They have a sale on off cut carpet in Des Kelly. I saw some in the long Mile Road two days ago. Looked to be a lot of big sizes. Maybe not enough for an attic but probably alright for some bedrooms.

Anyone have an idea of what it cost to fit a carpet once you bought it? Room is only 11 square meters

Sorry, have just seen requests for PMs for carpet. Have sent them now

Any quotes I got for carpets included fitting

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

On carpets the store Carpet Right always seems to have 'Managers Specials' and end of line stuff on display down at the back of the store. Not sure of the quality but they are usually about 40-50% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Curleybob

Hi if you could pm the details it would be great,looking for some similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just on wooden flooring I used this company https://www.wood2u.co.uk/ late last year. Ordered 45sqm of KronoSwiss AC5 walnut laminate from their Grand Selection range. Even with a delivery charge of £100 from the UK it still came in at just under 950 euro. Had a quote from Noyeks for the exact same product and it came to 1,465 euro. So pretty big savings to be had if you're willing to shop around in the UK and provided they ship here.

Found wood2u very good to deal with, two boxes and contents on the pallet were damaged in transit and they sent out 2 boxes to replace them within 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Looking to carpet an upstairs room, sizeable enough, 4.6m x 5m finding it quite expensive! Any decent on-line stores anyone can recommend please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 techyrajeev

• Registered Users Posts: 3 techyrajeev

Hi, Would you mind ins ending me the details of the store ? I am planning to move to a new house where in i want to carpet down the rooms as well as the stairs

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mattcook

You can check range of quality rugs from The Rug Shop UK with guaranteed lowest prices online.

Advertisement