Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of hours to kill.

Options
  • 22-04-2015 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,the missus has an interview in Belfast tomorrow afternoon, she's not familiar with the city so she's opted to take the train from Dublin, and I've opted (read forced to) accompany her.The company have a cab arranged for her from Belfast central, and a lift back when the interview concludes.So basically I've two hours thereabouts to kill.Can anyone suggest a decent boozer close by where my thick Dublin brogue won't raise any eyebrows,as I've previously had some hassle in that part of Belfast. Or am I better off heading into the city centre for a little wander around?
    Thanks in advance, Harry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

When you say "close by" do you mean close by Belfast Central Station, or close by to the interview location (where you previously had hassle with your accent?)

Personally, I would go into the city centre, it's only 5-10 mins walk from the Station. That to me is "close by".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

el tel wrote: »
    When you say "close by" do you mean close by Belfast Central Station, or close by to the interview location (where you previously had hassle with your accent?)

Personally, I would go into the city centre, it's only 5-10 mins walk from the Station. That to me is "close by".

I did just that,no pints in belfast,but I picked up a spanking new pair of pumas for £40,bargain,even with the poxy exchange rate at the current time.Got pissed with herself on the train home,she got the job!
    Cheers for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Good day all round!

Advertisement