Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled my account but still being charged!

Options
  • 25-04-2015 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭

Back in March I cancelled my account with Eircom because of the price rise. However I'm still being charged even though my account is closed. Not sure how this is happening.

Can you please check this out because I cannot afford to pay.

Thanks.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Sorry for high jacking your thread, won't let me create my own

I have ceased my service with Eircom since March 2015, and received my final bill via email today which is 137.00!!!!!

On the bill it states "other charges " of € 100. What is this for? The reason I left Eircom in the first instance is because I was lied to over the phone by a sales agent that my package would not increase with the new price increases being introduced, and I would be unaffected. Nevertheless two weeks later I received a letter informing me my price was increasing.

So I cancelled, and now receive this bill, I need this looked into ASAP, because I certainly will not be paying it as it stands.

You cut off my service on March 24th, and I am now a Vodafone customer, happy I might add.
    This really is the pits, and landing people who have left your company with this type of final bill with no information as to why it is so high is shocking.

I want an answer as to why this is.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Back in March I cancelled my account with Eircom because of the price rise. However I'm still being charged even though my account is closed. Not sure how this is happening.  

Thanks.
    If you paid by direct debit make sure you have cancelled the direct debit mandate with your bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks.
    Sorry to hear this Buddy Holly

Please PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this for you.

Cheers
    Al

trixiebust wrote: »
    Sorry for high jacking your thread, won't let me create my own

I have ceased my service with Eircom since March 2015, and received my final bill via email today which is 137.00!!!!!

On the bill it states "other charges " of € 100. What is this for? The reason I left Eircom in the first instance is because I was lied to over the phone by a sales agent that my package would not increase with the new price increases being introduced, and I would be unaffected. Nevertheless two weeks later I received a letter informing me my price was increasing.

So I cancelled, and now receive this bill, I need this looked into ASAP, because I certainly will not be paying it as it stands.

You cut off my service on March 24th, and I am now a Vodafone customer, happy I might add.
    This really is the pits, and landing people who have left your company with this type of final bill with no information as to why it is so high is shocking.

I want an answer as to why this is.
    Hi trixiebust

Please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to these charges for you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hi Al never heard back from you regarding the shocking service and customer service along with mad bills.

I have sent complaint rang everything and nothing.

I contacted again after 15 working days to be told oh they never applied the complaint to the account.

It is now again well over a further 10 working days and nothing.

I sent a letter 3 months ago to leave as we were outside 12months.

Still been charged.

Disgusted with treatment from eircom.
    Sorry op for coming in on your thread.

• Advertisement

Please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to these charges for you

PM sent

Originally posted by eircom: Alan

PM sent

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi trixiebust

I have investigated this to discover that the cut off point for cease of contract without charge is the 8th of March 2015. The charge applied because the contract was ceased on the 24th of March.

There is also no record of notice provided to eircom for the cancellation/move. I understand that the other provider arranged the move to their network however specifically stated on the letter it advises the following

"If you wish you can downgrade or withdraw from your contract without penalty for 30 days after the issue date of this letter by calling 1800303605"

As a result I will be unable to request the refund of the €100 on your behalf however if you wish to challenge this you can indeed lodge a formal complaint to eircom where a case is sent for investigation and upon completion of the investigation you are contacted within 10 days.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]You can log an official complaint by choosing one of the four routes available and detailed here: http://support.eircom.net/article/codeofpractice [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DragonBourne

signed up by phone for unlimited ended up with a 30g cap got charged for over usage took 3 weeks to resolve and get sign up called listened to terrible service

signed up by phone for unlimited ended up with a 30g cap got charged for over usage took 3 weeks to resolve and get sign up called listened to terrible service
    Very sorry to hear this DragonBourne

I you would like me to follow up on this or if you have any queries please feel free to PM me your eircom account number as I'll be happy to help.

Thanks
    Al

I have investigated this to discover that the cut off point for cease of contract without charge is the 8th of March 2015. The charge applied because the contract was ceased on the 24th of March.

There is also no record of notice provided to eircom for the cancellation/move. I understand that the other provider arranged the move to their network however specifically stated on the letter it advises the following

"If you wish you can downgrade or withdraw from your contract without penalty for 30 days after the issue date of this letter by calling 1800303605"

As a result I will be unable to request the refund of the €100 on your behalf however if you wish to challenge this you can indeed lodge a formal complaint to eircom where a case is sent for investigation and upon completion of the investigation you are contacted within 10 days.

Hi Al,

In regards to the cut off point being 8th of March, this is actually incorrect on your behalf.

I have a letter from Eircom dated 6th of March, informing me of price increases giving me 30 days to cancel my service.
    This would give me until 6th of April to cancel. I set the process in motion by contacting Vodafone on the same day. Eircom then disconnected my service on March 24th without any notice.

I also posted on the Eircom forum on March 12th stating that Vodafone had informed me, I would not need to contact Eircom personally to cancel they would do so on my behalf, and am still waiting on a response or acknowledgment of the post.

I absolutely will not be paying these charges, as I do not owe what is stated. If necessary I will cancel the Direct Debit.

• Advertisement

Hi Al,

In regards to the cut off point being 8th of March, this is actually incorrect on your behalf.

I have a letter from Eircom dated 6th of March, informing me of price increases giving me 30 days to cancel my service.
    This would give me until 6th of April to cancel. I set the process in motion by contacting Vodafone on the same day. Eircom then disconnected my service on March 24th without any notice.

I also posted on the Eircom forum on March 12th stating that Vodafone had informed me, I would not need to contact Eircom personally to cancel they would do so on my behalf, and am still waiting on a response or acknowledgment of the post.

I absolutely will not be paying these charges, as I do not owe what is stated. If necessary I will cancel the Direct Debit.

That is shocking trixiebust.

I am waiting to hear back from Al for weeks and obviously my posts are been ignored.

I have never come across a company that treats paying customers so badly.

Shocking service.

Never will I be an eircon customer again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

As a result I will be unable to request the refund of the €100 on your behalf however if you wish to challenge this you can indeed lodge a formal complaint to eircom where a case is sent for investigation and upon completion of the investigation you are contacted within 10 days.

Hi Al,

I have a letter from Eircom dated  6th of March, informing me of price increases  giving me 30 days to cancel my service.
    This would give me until 6th of April to cancel. I set the process in motion by contacting Vodafone on the same day. Eircom then  disconnected my service on March 24th without any notice.

Remember that a direct debit is only a particular way of paying your bills. Cancelling a direct debit does not in any way affect your contractual obligations.

That is shocking trixiebust.

I am waiting to hear back from Al for weeks and obviously my posts are been ignored.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the norm with Eircom. Ignoring customers. And if and when you do get a response it seems to be a generic answer or stating some piece of their T&C's.

I did nothing wrong, never heard a word from Eircom until this bill arrives with " 100e extra charges " on it.

I even had to fight to confirm that my package would be affected by their price increase. When I first rang to enquire where was my price increase notification that most other customers had already got, rep over the phone was adamant my package would not increase.

It was only through some pushing and pushing on their forum, weeks later it was confirmed my price would increase.

Hi Al,

I have a letter from Eircom dated  6th of March, informing me of price increases  giving me 30 days to cancel my service.
    This would give me until 6th of April to cancel. I set the process in motion by contacting Vodafone on the same day. Eircom then  disconnected my service on March 24th without any notice.

Hi trixiebust

Very sorry to hear you only received the contract change on the 6th of March, if you could please email a photo of the letter dated 6th of march to eircomconnect@eircom.ie I will then request the removal of the charge,

Many thanks
    Al

Hi Al,

Won't let me quote your post, I sent email this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

alan pm sent about the same experience

Still haven't heard off you Alan.

I have put in a complaint twice and not one person has contacted me.

The line has been disconnected which is the 1st wonderful thing the company has done.

Shocking shocking service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Make a formal complaint then if you get nowhere involve ComReg.

Ring ComReg for advice regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Al,

Won't let me quote your post, I sent email this evening.
    Hi trixiebust. I have sent you a PM on this now. Can yo have a look and hopefully we can add clarity to this for you.
    Tony

Hi trixiebust. I have sent you a PM on this now. Can yo have a look and hopefully we can add clarity to this for you. Tony

Replied to PM and email sent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Originally posted by eircom: Tony
    Hi trixiebust. I have sent you a PM on this now. Can yo have a look and hopefully we can add clarity to this for you. Tony

Replied to PM and email sent
    Thanks have received both and replied. Hope this helps.
    Tony

Thanks have received both and replied. Hope this helps. Tony

Pm with reply sent

As stated in my first post, I have now cancelled my D.D. payment to Eircom

The payment due for 7th of March will be refused

As stated in my first post, I have now cancelled my D.D. payment to Eircom

The payment due for 7th of March will be refused
    Hi trixiebust

The €100 early cease fee has been removed - apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

I would also just like to let you know that having looked in to your account I see that the broadband has yet to be taken over by the other provider - have you confirmed with them if they have attempted to take over the broadband too?

Thanks
    Al

The €100 early cease fee has been removed - apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

I would also just like to let you know that having looked in to your account I see that the broadband has yet to be taken over by the other provider - have you confirmed with them if they have attempted to take over the broadband too?

Thanks Al,
    I have contacted V.F and am awaiting a response.
    How and when will I be issued with a new bill, with the correct charges on it.

Thanks Al,
    No worries trixiebust

A new bill reflecting a credit of €100 will be with you after the 20th of May

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Thanks Al,
    No worries trixiebust

Thanks
    Al
    Ya, but you will have to wait months and endure "misinformation" from Eircom before you get your hands on the cheque!

No worries trixiebust

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al,

I still haven't received any new bill from Eircom, with the 100 euro charge removed.
    The original direct debit failed, as per my post a couple of weeks ago.

So, I've just got another bill. This time the amount is € 100. What the hell is going on. The rental dates on the bill are May to June 2015. I have not been an Eircom customer since March, so is this a new bill for a service i no longer receive from Eircom? My direct debit still remains cancelled for all Eircom bills, and the only thing which will get it up and running again, will be when I am charged the correct amount of € 37.10 and not the original charge of € 137.10.

Eircom are now trying to charge me a total of € 237.00 and all I owe is € 37.10!!!

• Advertisement

So, I've just got another bill. This time the amount is € 100. What the hell is going on. The rental dates on the bill are May to June 2015. I have not been an Eircom customer since March, so is this a new bill for a service i no longer receive from Eircom? My direct debit still remains cancelled for all Eircom bills, and the only thing which will get it up and running again, will be when I am charged the correct amount of € 37.10 and not the original charge of € 137.10.

Eircom are now trying to charge me a total of € 237.00 and all I owe is € 37.10!!!

I have complained and complained and gave them a chance now waiting to see what comreg can do to help.

That is a disgrace trixie.

Advertisement