Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking out a student loan for the summer.

Options
  • 24-04-2015 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I'm finishing up my first year in UCC and I'm looking to take out a loan to travel this summer, and I am wondering what the process of getting one of these loans is like at the moment?
    ie: Is it the sort of situation where I can go for a meeting and am granted the loan immediately or will it take a while to process, will I have difficulty getting a loan, etc? I'm hoping to take out €1500, which as far as I know, is the maximum amount I can take out anyway. Any up to date info would be appreciated, I've never taken out a loan before so I'm not really sure what to expect!  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

rorrissey wrote: »
    I'm finishing up my first year in UCC and I'm looking to take out a loan to travel this summer, and I am wondering what the process of getting one of these loans is like at the moment?
    ie: Is it the sort of situation where I can go for a meeting and am granted the loan immediately or will it take a while to process, will I have difficulty getting a loan, etc? I'm hoping to take out €1500, which as far as I know, is the maximum amount I can take out anyway. Any up to date info would be appreciated, I've never taken out a loan before so I'm not really sure what to expect!  
    Hi rorrissey,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards today.

We have information on Student Loans here

To apply for a Student Loan or of you have any specific questions about loans, please contact a Student Adviser in your local branch. Contact details for our branches can be found here

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement