Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting inset fireplace to stove

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Is the stovax not working properly? I’ve one, i find it brilliant, couldn’t fault it.

Perhaps you have a back boiler attached? That’s causing you to have a significant lag, when trying to heat the room? That will be the same no mater what stove you put in (with an back boiler that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Marcevo190

BryanF wrote: »
    Is the stovax not working properly? I’ve one, i find it brilliant, couldn’t fault it.

Perhaps you have a back boiler attached? That’s causing you to have a significant lag, when trying to heat the room? That will be the same no mater what stove you put in (with an back boiler that is)

No backboiler but there is two baffle type plates one is small and wide and sits the the upper front, and the other larger and wide and sits to the upper back - the last time I had the chimney cleaned the cleaner had said he'd never seen the likes of the inset stove before. I'm wondering are the baffles positioned wrong 🙈

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

See if you can Figure out the Stove make and Then contact the local rep. Appreciate this is not always possible

But if it’s got to be changed, I’d recommend the stovax unit you linked to.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Horusire

Marcevo190 wrote: »
    No backboiler but there is two baffle type plates one is small and wide and sits the the upper front, and the other larger and wide and sits to the upper back - the last time I had the chimney cleaned the cleaner had said he'd never seen the likes of the inset stove before. I'm wondering are the baffles positioned wrong 🙈

I got mine done recently and couldn't be happier with it. I can PM the guys number.

Edit. It cost me 2k to excavate the fireplace and install flue and stove. Stove price was 1k

Advertisement