Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BYO LAN at Wired

Options
  • 11-09-2008 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hey guys,

The back room in Wired isn't being used right now (we're renovating the whole place in a month or two so it won't be used until after that). There are 9 places (+1 if someone brings a small table) for a BYO LAN if ye are interested.

Each spot has a connection to our Gigabit switch and 3mb/3mb leased internet connection (with pings from 10ms to UK servers).

And I'm not saying this as a money making ploy. I'm not using the room right now and it won't cost me anything other than electricity to have ye use it. So all I'd ask is to cover that (€5 per person per day).

We could do it as a two or three day LAN if people are interested. We close at about 12pm/1am on Friday and Saturday nights and open the next day at 12am. If we organise a Lock-In at the same time (and get Wired members in overnight) we could stay all night (someone needs to pay staff wages :)). Equipment could be left in place if people wanted.

All our games are fully updated so playing between the Wired systems and your own wouldn't be a problem.

If anyone wanted to add an FTP server or anything, that'd be fine too.

Anyway, I just thought I'd put this idea to ye. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sounds good to me! Probably rather play on your desktops than bring my laptop, maybe both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

that does sound brilliant.

People were looking for a LAN between now and November.
    Anybody care to suggest some dates?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

anytime soon. I move to dublin in a few weeks. hmm. guess I could come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

anytime soon. I move to dublin in a few weeks. hmm. guess I could come back.

I'm not sure if I'm more disapointed that you're moving to dublin or you're going to miss the LAN! :p

The current date for GL is fine Doodee, for me anyway.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭RabidDog

How about October 4th/5th (Sat & Sun)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I would be on for bringing my machine, pending a few others are in attendance.

So what is the story with this, can I bring in my laptop and play for a fiver a day or what? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

I'll be in Cuba from the 2nd to the 11th of Oct so won't be around for any LANs during that period.

I'll leave it with Syxpak and Asok. They have yet to comment on any of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm away for two weeks in October.

• Advertisement
Advertisement