Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The (Not So) Flying Scotsman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Another week another 42 miles.

Had to tweak the early part of this week due to a family get together on Tuesday.

Monday: A random 7 miles @ 8.14 from the club. Into the Phoenix Park taking in the S Bends/Wellington Road to Chesterfield. Cut straight past the zoo entrance and out onto the NCR marathon route in reverse to the South Quays and up past Heuston Station to Ballyfermot and into Chapelizod. Not the most scenic but a change from the park.

Tuesday: Session day missed due to a family get together; pushed the session to a solo effort on Wendesay.

Wendesay: FOMO from session day so this was a solo effort of 12 x 400s with a 200m recovery on the track. 2 mile warm up and it was onto the track. Put down cones at the start and end point ( the joys of a 300m track!). It had been a while since my last solo session but it wasn't the longest so in my head broke it down in 3 set of 4. Splits were

88;90;88;88;88;88;88;89;88;87;88;85

A solid effort that wasn't too bad the worst part was actually thinking of the 2 mile cool down over the last couple of reps!

Thursday: Normal 6 mile loop from the club @ circa 8 min per mile.

Saturday: Session on the 1.85k lap of the Mag/Dips/Finger Break/ Sharp right for a short up hill to the Kyber and through the trees to the end of the lap. Reps were 500/200 jog/300/200 jog/400/250 jog. 6 laps in tough enough conditions. Good one to chalk off.

Sunday: Normal 10 mile loop @ 7.40 pretty much under 7.30 per mile from 4 to 10 so a solid run and enough after the session yesterday.

Might bump it up to 6 days this week by adding Monday back in.

C

Another 42 mile week.

Ended up not running on Monday; just couldn't get out between one thing and another.

Tuesday: The club session was officially cancelled due to a fallen tree and electricity lines being down at the entrance to the club. A few of us arranged and unofficial session between ourselves. Which after a 90 journey from Swords to Chapelizod I missed the warm-up and first 2 reps of!

Session ended up being 16 x 400s with a 200 recovery heading away from the club and approximately 350 heading towards the club. Splits were

87/89/84/87/80/84/80/84/81/84/79/84/79/83/79/87

A good solid session and a good bit quicker than on the track by myself the previous week. The reps towards the club are always tougher and are inevitably into the wind.

Wednesay: 6.12 miles @ 8.03 loop around Malahide after work.

Thursday: 6.14 @ 8.02 normal Thursday Park Loop with a few of the lads.

Saturday: A bit of a Donore Classic loop by all accounts. Started off just inside the Chapelizod Gate; lap was 1km up the S Bends/900m recovery to the cross roads at the bottom of the kyber/750m pick up to Chesterfield/500 recovery to the main gates/ approx 1km to Islandbridge Gate/ 500 recovery/800m/400 rec to the start. 2 laps in total.

1st km splits 3.55 for both
    750 to Chesterfield: 2.53/2.55
    Main Gate to Islandbridge: 3.46/3.50
    800s: 3.15 for both

What should have been the easier sections out on the Chapelizod Road were actually really tough into the wind. Good consistency with the splits the only outlier was we probably went a bit fast on the first recovery. A session with good volume and pace.

Sunday: 10 miles on our normal loop @ 7.31 a decent clip this morning after the session yesterday; 4 of the miles were under 7.15. My Sunday runs are a bit lacking in miles just now so probably going into Bohermeen without the mileage in the legs.....hoping the marathon mileage will mean it is not a total suffer fest.

A good solid week; next weekend is our Club Champs XC race; looking like a strong field so there will be no repeat of last year's podium finish.

C

Been slacking a bit on the log so a quick update from the last 2 weeks.

Week starting 24th Feb: 38 mile week; a good solid 16 x 400s on the track and also the Club XC 6 mile race in pretty much quagmire conditions in the Phoenix Park.

Highlighted of the week was the annual trip to the 2.3 Arena for the darts and the Bully Boy 9 darter.

Week starting 2nd March.
    40 miles for the week.

Tuesday: Owing to the fact Bohermeen was coming up there was a curtailed session of 10 x 400s on the road. An honest enough effort without flogging ourselves.

Wednesday: 6 mile loop from work into Malahide and back along the Estuary. Probably ran a bit quicker than usual due to the easy session on Tuesday. Watch had a meltdown from work to the Seabury turn off the Malahide Road but the last 5 miles were 7.36 pace.

Thursday: 6.2 miles @ 7.53 normal Thursday Loop of the park.

Saturday: 5 miles @ 8.00 ran the S Bends to the start of the DH session on the Kyber ( 12 x 400m efforts) and continued on for a bit of a leg stretch before Bohermeen.

Sunday Bohermeen 1/2 Marathon 88.43 a solid if unspectacular time.

There has been a bit of s general not really training for anything specific start to 2020 so went into this with no real plan to be honest; never a good way to be on the start line of a race. Lackage of mileage on the longer runs in the back of my mind as well (nothing longer than 10 since DCM).

Knew from about 4 miles in that I was working harder than I should have been. Had serious considerations about stepping off the course as we went past the Club house and really struggled with those thoughts for a couple of miles. Told myself just to treat this as a solid training run from here on in; dialled it back a bit for 9;10;11 then picked it up for the last couple of miles.

Not the most pleasant but a good one to get under the belt. Some great runs from the folks on here which is always good to see.

I really need to sit down this week and come up with a plan for the next few months and start putting a bit more focus on training/races. To be honest there has been a general malaise about my running since the Marathon.

Onwards and upwards now.

C

I really need to sit down this week and come up with a plan for the next few months and start putting a bit more focus on training/races. To be honest there has been a general malaise about my running since the Marathon.

Onwards and upwards now.

C

What a difference a week mak

Onwards and upwards now.

C

What a difference a week makes in relation to the statement above.

A poor enough 31 miles for the week over 4 days.

Tuesday 7 miles @ 8.23 a few of us who ran Bohermeen hit the park for a stretch of the legs.

Wendesay had planned something similar but just didn't get a chance to get out.

Thursday 6 miles @ 8.16 lap of the park with a drenching over the last mile.

Saturday session warm up followed by laps from the Cross Roads at the bottom of the Kyber working the uphill section past the Wellington Monument to Chesterfield; jog to the main park entrance then approx 750 at decent clip to the traffic lights and Island Bridge; jog to start and go again. 4 laps was enough as the legs felt tired.

Sunday normal 10 miles @ 7.34.

The next few weeks will be about keeping things ticking over hard to know when and where we will be toeing the line again.

C

Been a while since the last update but like most I am just ticking along just now.

In a fairly lucky situation that there are a good few parks in the area to run around so have been mostly doing loops of Drumfinn and Glenaulin Parks.

Throwing in a bit of pace at times but very conscious of doing sessions given the times we are in.

Had a brief moment of madness when the AI entries for DCM opened during the week but held firm and didn't throw an entry in.

Otherwise coping well probably a little sheltered from whole "lockdown" as I am still in work most days.

Stay safe everyone and look after yourselves and those around you.

C

Keeping on grafting. 40 miles for the week over 5 days.

Tuesday: After working form home for the day (looks like 3 days in work and 2 at home is going to be the norm for awhile) I got out for a session of 12 x 400s with a 200 recovery. I really should have gotten up early to do this.

Owing to the time I though the main park around would be packed enough so headed down Mill Lane which is basically 2 pitches back to back with a path around them. It tends to be fairly quiet. On the first 4 reps I had to do some running on the pitch as there was folks walking after that I had the place to myself. Splits were in the high 80s and low 90s a decent solid effort. A bit of a killer climb home afterwards from the lowest to highest points in Palmerstown.

Wendesay: 7 miles @ 7.44 headed out from house to the Fonthill Road and cut back onto the N4 along the edge of Hermitage Park. Took a tumble after tripping of a raised pathing slab after looking behind for cars so I could run on the road to give some walkers a bit of space. No damaged done apart from skinned elbow and knee.

Thursday: 6 miles @ 7.53 loop around Liffey Valley.

Saturday: A fairly grim 6 x 1km in the Cherry Orchard Industrial Estate off a 2 minute recovery; reps in high 3.5x/low 4.0x a lumpy enough km and two lads working on motorbikes probably thinking look at this knob running round in circles! Warm up and cool down made it just under 7.4 miles

Sunday: 11.7 miles @ 8.10 a big loop touching the 2km boundary towards Lucan and back through Ballyfermot wanted to try and not run any of the local parks for a change. Had a though after about 6 miles of the Swords running Singer is doing so planned to run every road in the estate. Back to the main entrance @ 8.5 miles so thought happy days should get the 10 in.....evidently the estate covers lot more area than I though and I hit 11.7.......the Mrs now thinks I have officially lost it after that! It is amazing the things we do to mix it up.

C

Weekly Update
    38 miles over 5 days

Tuesday: Session 10 x 600s with a 300m recovery. Headed back down to the same industrial estate and loop as Saturdays KM effort. Had decided on doing 10 x 600s this evening. Splits were from 2.26 to 2.20 decent honest efforts with a nice drag on one edge of the loop; not the nicest loop or best surface to run on but it is quiet.

Warm up and cool down got it 8.3 miles for the evening.

Wendesay: 6.3 miles at 8.15. Was working from home Wednesday so got out after work loop of Liffey Valley and through Glenaulin to home. To be honest this was pretty tortuous; the sessions on Saturday and Tuesday had been run on concrete and had a pretty sedatory day working from home; legs felt in absolute tatters. I have really been neglecting the stretching and foam rolling as this was part of my lunchtime routine at work. Need to address that this week.

Thursday: Working from home again so got out after work for 7.25 miles at 7.31; was feeling much better so upped the pace for a few miles.

Saturday: A run that nearly didn't happen but talked myself into going out; a definite morning of pretty much zero motivation. Was still deliberating as I was getting ready to leave on what to do so decided on 4 x 1 mile efforts. Splits were 6.15/6.19/6.27 and 6.18.

Four different miles in the surrounds of Liffey Valley. Mile 3 an outlier there with waiting for a car at a junction and a loss of momentum on a 180 turn. Took 2 minute recoveries effort felt high enough for the splits but hard to gauge on your own.

Afternoon spent painting.....req 1 if we ever move house no ensuites with a skylight!

Sunday: A mundane loop of 8 miles at 8.08 per mile around Liffey Valley/Ballyfermot and home.

To be honest everything felt a bit of a grind this week and motivation is quite low and the loops are becoming pretty mundane...might just do an easy week this week see how it pans out.

C

Weekly Update: A drop in intensity this week but kept the mileage in the low 40s.

Monday: had planned on getting out for an easy 4 miles but ended up being stuck in work until 1930.

Tuesday: Just over 8 miles at 8.34 loop of Liffey Valley and back home through Glenaulin Park. Stopped to have a socially distanced chat with on of the DH lads just as I was getting started and forgot to stop the watch.

Wendesay: 8.2 @ 7.57 another loop of Liffey Valley but back home along the Old Lucan Road bit of a loop around Glenaulin Park through Ballyfermot and home.

This was the first time I had really got pain in the Swiss running pretty much the same loop again; I tend to minimise the local parks as they get busy in the evening. Calves also like lead from all the running on the road.

Thursday: 7.3 miles at 7.53 out and back loop round Liffey Valley then a good bit of the grass in Glenaulin Park. More enjoyable than Wednesay.

Saturday: 7.2miles @ 7.34 got out later than normal due to a mix of a BBQ/few beers on Friday and stuff to do around the house. Cracker of an evening and was roasted when I finished. The only run with any bit of pace this week.

Also spent a good bit of time checking out the times in the Boards 5k TT. Very impressive and great to see; will try and get involved in the next instalment.

Sunday: A tame enough 10miles at 8.09.

Will try and throw a bit of a session in next week; need to resurrect the foam roller to get some work done on the calves.

Great to see the efforts that everyone on here is putting in.

C

• Advertisement

A touch under 38 miles for the week. A week which started well but fell away a little at the end.

Monday: A nice easy 5 miles @ 8 per mile regular loop of Liffey Valley then home.

Tuesday: Threw in a session of 12 x 400s off a 200 recovery; most of them were ran on the road being the car dealerships at Liffey Valley; a few strange looks from the folks going into the BK Drive through! There was no keeping an eye on the watch for these just ran them by effort. Spits were all 87 or lower with the majority under 85 decent solo effort.

2.5 mile cool down to finish.

Wendesay: Just over 6 miles at 8.22 legs pretty beat after the session.

Thursday: Closed out April with just under 8 miles at 7.36. A decent month all things considered.

Had planned to get some miles on Saturday but the day just ran away from me. My only running interaction was some quality pun slagging on Laineyfecks Strava feed. BBQ and a few Brew Dogs put pay to an evening run in the end.

Sunday: Went out with no real plan and decided after the first mile to run a progression run to the end of mile 5 then a steady 5 to finish. Worked down from 7.55 to 6.56 from mile 1 to the end of 5. Miles 6 to 10 averaged in the 7.3x range. A lovely morning for a run.

Going by the announcement made on Friday I will be back to the Phoenix Park next week; taking the "as the crow flies" 5k gets me as far as the Polo Grounds. It will be nice to break the monotony; will re-assess if the park is rammed.

Also may have to look at a DIY haircut this week; the mop of hair is a disgrace just now!

C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Hahaha that amused me also :D

Nice that you will get back to the PP, that's still a while away for me! Enjoy :)

Weekly Update: Some landmarks from this week; highest mileage week since marathon training finished (a touch under 49 miles); an at home haircut and a return to my third home (after the Costa Del West Coast of Scotland and Dublin) the Phoenix Park!

Monday: 5.1 miles @ 7.54. Finally had enough of the mop of hair annoying me and let the real gaffer lose with the clippers; I think she was more worried than me; have to say a top notch job and safe to leave the house afterwards! Normal 5 mile loop around Liffey Valley one that has more than served a purpose over the last while.

Tuesday: 9.3 miles at 7.33 and the long awaited return to the Phoeno! Sacrificed doing a session so I could get a decent run in the park so probably pushed the pace a little but nothing too crazy. The amount on cyclists in the Park was unbelievable. A nice change and a welcome return.

Wendesay: 5.6 miles @ 8.00 per mile. Nice easy run down into the Gaels Park and out through Glenaulin into Plamerstown Village to suss out a potential Mile TT route. The route would be from the Palmerstown House up the Old Lucan Road and a 180 turn at the bus turning point and back down. A couple of cons from the route would be a 0.5 mile drag to the top of the road; momentum breaking 180; potential traffic and nowhere to collapse in a heap without causing alarm at the end! Still a contender but TBD.

Thursday: 7 miles @ 7.43 down to the Park for a loop of the Acres and home. Totally blinded by the sun for the last couple of miles; probably noticed this more as I am concious of others on the footpaths......I am not sure I can force myself into running sunglasses!

Saturday: Ran down to the Phoenix Park for a Fartlek Session on the Magazine Loop. The "efforts" were mostly on the dips/hill from the Kyber Car Park to the Acres. Good solid effort and plenty of bodies around the Park. Running down and home braught this to 11.4 miles so decent volume and some session type work thrown in.

Sunday: 10 miles @ 8.23 legs tired after yesterday so a bit of a 10 mile plod taking in a loop of the Park.

A good solid week and I better throw in some 400s somewhere along the line for the mile TT.

C

Weekly Update: Just over 44 miles for the week over 5 days.

Was pretty wiped after the previous weeks exections; I am coming round to the thinking that I am a 5 day a week runner.

Monday: Rest day.

Tuesday: A couple of miles to warm up and a few strides before getting stuck into 2 sets of 4 x 400s with a 400m recovery threw in a 3 minute recovery between the sets. Knew as I was only doing a few there could be no messing from the start so got stuck in from the off. Splits were 78;78;78 and 79 for the first set and 77,78,78,77 for the second set. Good solid effort but going to be hard to string 4 solid ones together for the TT.

Outforarun has been doing some recce work on the Polo Lap and that's looking like the "race" venue.

Wendesay: 7.1 miles at 8.07 down to the Park loop of the Acres and home.

Thursday: 7.1 @ 7.35 house down along the Chapelizod Road into the park at Islandbridge back home via the S Bends.

Saturday: Ran down to the Acres for a session. Session was 1 Full Lap steady; 1 Full Lap at tempo; 3/4 lap steady a mile pick up and easy to the end of the full lap.

A good solid session and a touch over 12 miles for the morning.

Sunday: 8.37 miles @ 8.19 nice plod around the park to round off the week.

More of the same next week; hoping to get to the Polos for a session during the week if the club car park is re-opened.

C

Slacking a bit with the log so an update from the last couple of weeks.

Week starting 18th May. 2 sessions; the Tuesday was 12 x 400 off a 200 recovery on the Polo Ground; Saturday ended up being 6 x 400 followed by 6 x 200 on the Kyber due to the winds with the same recoveries. A 10 mile Sunday run which clocked in at nearly 2hrs due to chat breaks with some of the DH crew had Mrs scotindublin wondering what was taking me so long!
    Big news of the week was outforarun finding some Asterias online (discontinued by Brooks!); always been a tough enough find. Promptly ordered and hoped to have them for the TT (didn't happen.
    40 miles for the week.

Week starting 25th May
    37 miles for the week a really decent shift for the Tuesday session and the 1 mile TT.

Tuesday: Polo session of 6 x 1km with a planned 2 minute recovery. 6 really solid efforts with the recoveries not quite a planned as one the the DH lads arrived just as we finished rep 1 so we held off for him before starting rep 2 and then a chat with Outforarun (doing some speed play before the TT) between reps 3 and 4. Splits were

3.47;3.43;3.39;3.39;3.35 and 3.35

Snappy enough and not a session which would have been done if the mile TT was an official race. A cool down chat with outforarun coupled with a confirmation for his (and my) mile TT.

Wendesay: 7 miles at 8.34 down from the house for a loop of the 40 Acres and home legs were like lego as the Dubs (surely I have honorary status by now) say.

Thursday had planned to run but when I got home the real gaffer was painting the garden walls (happy to report they are now not cinder block grey) so could hardly lace up and head out. Got stuck into that until about 2100 and by then it was dinner couch and rubbish tv!

Friday a leg loosener for 30 minutes while Mrs scotindublin for her couch to 5k done. Rest of the day spent looking for garden stones and painting the walls. Nice to get a day off work and away from it all to be honest. A few Hazy Janes to round it off but left it at 3!

Saturday Mile TT day; brilliantly organised by the 2 lads and a good buzz on the thread. Also decided to make it a DH one mile TT weekend aswell.

Got out nice and early and ran a warm up and a few strides from the Upper Glen Carpark to the Polo Grounds; wasn't exactly feeling sprightly but knew things would be ok once I got going.

Route was the road lap around the Polos. Starting from behind the Pavilions heading to Chesterfield Ave; swing left down Chersterfiled another left onto Lords Walk along the edge of the zoo and back to the start point. A couple of turns and a pinch point from Chesterfield onto the Lords Walk and a drag to the finish.

Gave it a good rattle but was feeling it from the turn off Chesterfield clocked 5.25 which was bettered by outforarun by a whole second about 45 minutes later; would have been interesting to have done this together to see how much more would could have gotten out of the lap; maybe a good shout for later in the summer.

Sunday 12 miles @ 7.56 and a good finish to the week.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Gave it a good rattle but was feeling it from the turn off Chesterfield clocked 5.25 which was bettered by outforarun by a whole second about 45 minutes later; would have been interesting to have done this together to see how much more would could have gotten out of the lap; maybe a good shout for later in the summer.

We would absolutely gain a few seconds, might take you up on this :)

• Advertisement

So a massive 22 miles over the last 2 weeks. Session on the Polo Grounds on June 1st of 10 x 600s with an approximate 400m recovery; felt no more than a slight wobble/buckle on rep 6 or 7 but ran it off and thought nothing of it.

Sat down with the lads after the session and was in a good bit of pain getting back to the club; felt like it was in the achilles area; cue Wendesay morning and the ankle is swollen and sore to put weight on.

Saturday tried a few miles; in pain the whole time; pain is on the inside of the ankle which right down across the big bone.

Tuesday and Saturday this week I just done a few miles while helping out at the DH session; good to get some of the group back. Ankle still not great so will be nothing again until Tuesday; it is not as bad though.

Confirmed that running is great for the head because work is mental just now and I don't have my normal mental release.

May aswell jump on the New Year resurrect the training log bandwagon!

All things considered in 2020 I actually managed to maintain a decent level of training and sort of proved to myself that I am disciplined enough to train on my own without the safety net of the club group; over the last couple of months I really got a handle on sorting out my diet aswell; no coincidence that this went South over the Christmas period. Tomorrow will be cold turkey day on the junk front as finally all the Christmas food is gone.

A massive 3 races in 2020; Trim 10 in Feb; Bohermeen 1/2 in March just before the first lock down (a race I was woefully under prepared for; although I knew this going into it) and the Club St Stephens Day 10 mile XC(where I ran a whole second slower than Trim). Ended the year on just over 2000 miles.

Been struggling a little since the club XC; maybe the 10 miles in spikes or a slight wobble on the ice in the Phoeno the day after.

40 miles for the week including on gentle session back of 5 x 1km on the Mag.

Starting back the log is the hardest part so from next week I plan to log more regularly.

Who knows when we will be back racing but hoenslty when you see what some other folks are going through is that really a big issue.

C

Good to see you back logging:)

Yep no matter what, we need to appreciate that we can still run however restricted it is for now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Good to see you back. So you ran a 10 mile XC only one second slower than a 10 mile road race? That's some going. Well done

Thanks E; Thanks S.

Yeah 66.46 in Trim and 66.47 in the Club Stephens Day Race; probably an indication of the consistency maintained over the various lock downs etc and staying in somewhat decent shape. 10 miles XC is not much fun for the body though!

To be honest like most I really found the running a great release from the madness of last year.

• Advertisement

A touch under 50 miles for the week; 49.5 if I want to be pedantic about it.

Decent week all things considered. Foot seems to be behaving itself apart from a little bit of feedback when running in spikes yesterday.

Monday: 7.5 miles @ 8.44 pretty standard loop in the park.

Tuessay "Can he do it on a wet cold evening on the Chapo Road session". Being a bit mindful of the foot decided on 14 x 400s with a 200 recovery; ran these on the Chapo Road outside the club. Built into the session and held it steady before giving the last one a blast. 91/89 for the first couple then 84-87 for 3 to 13 and 80 to finish. A good solid session; will be solo Tuesdays for a while by the look of it.

Wednesday : 6.5 @ 8.07 standard Wednesday loop with Mrs scotindublin on the bike for company.

Thursday: 5.5 @ 7.24 bit of a progression from 7.52 to 7.05 with a 0.5 mile easy to finish.

Saturday : Fartlek on the 1.85 mag loop on a windy morning; WW out for a wander when I was running up but barley recognised him with so many layers on.

Sunday 12 miles @ 7.59 A more sensible pace for the Sunday run this morning; lovely conditions to get out.

More of the same this week and time for new runners.....The Glycerines have seen better days.

C

You are one of a dying breed C, someone who buys new runners only when he needs them :)

Haha that will be the frugal Scottish side coming out! Seem to be surrounded by the running equivalent of the infamous Imelda Marcos on here.

Off for some googling on the runners later.
    skyblue46 wrote: »
    You are one of a dying breed C, someone who buys new runners only when he needs them :)

:rolleyes:

Haha that will be the frugal Scottish side coming out! Seem to be surrounded by the running equivalent of the infamous Imelda Marcos on here.

Off for some googling on the runners later.

Yeah based on getting an average of 400 miles a pair I know some people who have enough shoes to do them for 2 years ;)

Yeah based on getting an average of 400 miles a pair I know some people who have enough shoes to do them for 2 years ;)

:D

Haha; I reckon the Glycerines must be up to double that!

P1 this week is order some new ones; must check out the thread for recommendations!

Not sure I will splash out on those Sauconys that all the cool kids have either.

Haha; I reckon the Glycerines must be up to double that!

P1 this week is order some new ones; must check out the thread for recommendations!

Not sure I will splash out on those Sauconys that all the cool kids have either.

I got mine for a bargain price...Just saying:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Did somebody say new runners??

Time to bite the bullet had the Glycerines since July! Easily 700/800 miles in them I reckon.

Could also break out the Boston's I got in December but more looking for a daily runner.
    Did somebody say new runners??

• Advertisement

Off the back of a van in Tallaght??
    I got mine for a bargain price...Just saying:cool:

Mens Asics Novablast for less than 100 on lifestyle sports..... Go go go!

Will have a look; cheers.....seem popular around these parts.

Off the back of a van in Tallaght??

:eek: that would be my face if I was offended but many a nice thing fell off the back of a van in Tallaght;) Ask no questions, they'll tell you no lies!

Ah only pulling your leg......couldnt resist!

:eek: that would be my face if I was offended but many a nice thing fell off the back of a van in Tallaght;) Ask no questions, they'll tell you no lies!

Ah only pulling your leg......couldnt resist!

Haha of course i know this! Those Novablasts are great! You can finally spend the rest of your confirmation money on them ;)

Everybody getting to the party a year late...the Nike fan boys must be suffering...

Everybody getting to the party a year late...the Nike fan boys must be suffering...

I have as many adidas as I do Nike! And I was a Dynaflyte man long before any Nikes made it into my collection...

I have as many adidas as I do Nike! And I was a Dynaflyte man long before any Nikes made it into my collection...

I wasn't talking about you P...;)

• Advertisement

I will bow to all your greater knowledge and try the Novablasts. How are Asics for sizing? Usually a fairly standard 9 1/2 in most runners.

I will bow to all your greater knowledge and try the Novablasts. How are Asics for sizing? Usually a fairly standard 9 1/2 in most runners.

I think they're pretty true to size, generous if anything

That being said if it's just an easy run shoe I still think think the Glideride is a better shoe...and there are some great deals on it as V2 is about to be released...

I think they're pretty true to size, generous if anything

That's been my experience with asics too. I'm a 9 in Nike and always found Asics 9 maybe a half size too big. But I don't know about the novablast

Thanks lads!

Yes the novablast are a generous fit too but as S said the gliderides are pretty good easy running shoes too... So many choices:)

• Advertisement

That's been my experience with asics too. I'm a 9 in Nike and always found Asics 9 maybe a half size too big. But I don't know about the novablast
    Yes the novablast are a generous fit too but as S said the gliderides are pretty good easy running shoes too... So many choices:)

I think the Glideride are a bit smaller. I got a 45 in both but wear a thin sock with the Glideride and a thicker sock with the Novablast. Recent experience tells me that the Glideride doesn't like recovery/Zone 1 runs but comes alive when you pick it up a bit. A firmer shoe than the somewhat squidgy Novablast.

I won't dare recommend a Nike shoe as an alternative. Haha

The Novablasts are en route.....thanks for the recommendation; had to get them on Alltricks in the end.

May even brave the Bostons for the Tuesday session later.

C

The Novablasts are en route.....thanks for the recommendation; had to get them on Alltricks in the end.

May even brave the Bostons for the Tuesday session later.

C

Hope you like them now :)

Back to back 49.5 mile weeks this only slightly hurting my OCD.

6 days running with 2 sessions; Tuesday evening in the lashing rain and Saturday morning in a crisp Phoeno.

Monday 7.2 @ 8.23 per mile. Loop from home down into Chapo followed the marathon course into Ballyfermot but headed out onto the N4 to Islandbridge and back home.

Tuesday session day a rare WFH day so met one of the lads for 10 x 600s around the acres pitches; decided to give the Bostons a blast much to the consternation of some on Strava it was a failry rank evening and the paths around the pitches were pretty flooded. All reps between 2.13 and 2.07 one learning was the bike markings on the acres are 100m apart.

Solid session but drenched and had to clean the Bostons; a lovely shoe to run in.

Wednesday 7.1 @ 8.20 nothing much to report.

Thursday a repeat of Monday with the exception the Chapo/Islandbridge loop was reversed pace was 8.18

Saturday: 6 x 1ks on the Mag Loop; spikes on as the going was sloppy enough underfoot. Reps 3.52/3.57 the rest were under 3.50. Spotted Saskian a good few times on his session; he was looking fresh after his 16 minute Friday run!!

Sunday 12.6 miles @ 7.54 mostly on the trails in the Phoeno.

A good solid week. Hopefully have the Novablasts early this week so they will get their debut this week.

Will continue with Tuesday and Saturday session as I am a total creature of habit.

C

• Advertisement
Advertisement