Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of a tiler for bathroom

Options
  • 04-01-2021 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭

Hi, wondering for reference if €1500 for labour alone is about normal.

Floor to ceiling subway tiles. About 8*4 inches
    4 walls about 2.2m X 2.2m room
    Old house one wall was uneven and others were slabbed with cement board

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Follow_ur_lead

Deco99 wrote: »

Hi Deco,

I recently had a guy do my Kitchen Approx 20 Sqm floor with spashback also. 700. That was two lads in and out in a day. I have surfaces prepped for them .

Get a few prices is the best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

We had a tiler for our bathroom. Got mate rates but he said it would usually be 25 per square m.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Bellejelles

Look at their work first
    Before hire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

We had a tiler for our bathroom. Got mate rates but he said it would usually be 25 per square m.

The problem with the square metre rate is that tiles come in different sizes. Subway tiles are slot smaller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

Tank tank tank tank. Can’t say it enough. Buy a tanking kit, very easy to use. Make sure you tank all surfaces near shower or bath before tiling. My walls are bone dry after the previous bathroom leaked. Don’t tile without it !!

• Advertisement

Valresnick wrote: »
    Tank tank tank tank. Can’t say it enough. Buy a tanking kit, very easy to use. Make sure you tank all surfaces near shower or bath before tiling. My walls are bone dry after the previous bathroom leaked. Don’t tile without it !!

The job is done. I agreed 25 euro an hour as the tiler said he couldn't tell how long it would take. He did a good job so money well spent and no regrets. I'm just curious as to how it compares

The job is done. I agreed 25 euro an hour as the tiler said he couldn't tell how long it would take. He did a good job so money well spent and no regrets. I'm just curious as to how it compares

He only did the walls. Vinyl laminate on fkoor

• Registered Users Posts: 33,693 ✭✭✭✭listermint

For me 1500 was alot for what you described. 4 walls of subway tiles with all materials supplied.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Follow_ur_lead

listermint wrote: »
    For me 1500 was alot for what you described. 4 walls of subway tiles with all materials supplied.

I suppose though if the job is good and will last 7-8 years then its not a mad amount of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

i had a guy do five straight nine hour days three years ago for 1500 cash notes

he did a world of work for it

1500 for a bathroom is robbery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I went a different route and only tiles on floor and pvc cladding wide high panels in shower area and cream interlocking panels on wall.

https://www.celuplast.com/interior-finishes/panelling/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=NufBHGSpCbY

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    i had a guy do five straight nine hour days three years ago for 1500 cash notes

he did a world of work for it

1500 for a bathroom is robbery

What's a world of work? This took 50 odd hours to finish and I was there most of time. So maybe he was slow but he worked all that time.

Robbery? That's a bit general. Considering he was available immediately, lack of alternatives and the quality of the job. I don't feel robbed. The reason I asked was I don't find the rate per square metre useful gauge as the subway tile are smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

What's a world of work? This took 50 odd hours to finish and I was there most of time. So maybe he was slow but he worked all that time.

Robbery? That's a bit general. Considering he was available immediately, lack of alternatives and the quality of the job. I don't feel robbed. The reason I asked was I don't find the rate per square metre useful gauge as the subway tile are smaller

well he certainly dragged the arse out of that job if it took him fifty hours

my guy charged 15 euro per square yard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

48 hours does seem excessive. I did a bathroom same size as that recently with a mate, subway on walls and 40*40 on the floor. Took us two days, but not two full days, maybe 5/6 hours a day. Subway tiles may be small but they are awful handy to put up.

Job is done now anyway Op, if you are happy then that's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tobeme2020

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    well he certainly dragged the arse out of that job if it took him fifty hours

my guy charged 15 euro per square yard

There's no way that guy is paying tax or insurance on that price.

Advertisement