Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

omni or yagi?

Options
  • 17-10-2020 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

which is best to use for Mobil phone signal repeater?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Do you mean signal booster / repeater OR router/modem antenna?

Omni gives lower gain but can receive from more directions.

Yagi has better gain because it's directed at a single signal source.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

Yes mobile signal booster repeater, I have a mobile signal in the attice reading about -93db , so when I locate my omni anntenna in same location my repeater is not displaying anything on the signal bars

Which bands does the repeater support?

Compatibility of the repeater depends on whether it's 3G or 4G, urban or rural.

3G bands: 900 and 2100MHz
    4G bands: 800 and 1800MHz

Is the -93dBm reading from a phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

Yes an app on my phone gave me the reading, I'm thinking the repeater may be faulty as it get very hot.

B20 800 900 1800 2100 Mhz Cell Phone Booster Tri Band Mobile Signal Amplifier 2G 3G 4G LTE Cellular Repeater GSM DCS WCDMA Set

Any difference with the antenna outdoors and the repeater indoors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

strandsman wrote: »
    Yes mobile signal booster repeater, I have a mobile signal in the attice reading about -93db , so when I locate my omni anntenna in same location my repeater is not displaying anything on the signal bars

Do you have separation between the two antennas? If they're able to read each other stronger than the tower you'll get nothing.

Advertisement