Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boggled by Buggles!

• 13-07-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Ok, Thoughts on this apprieciated.........

John Thornton and Frances Buggle, from Kill county Kildare have 4 children together

Elizabeth 1866
    Ellen 1870
    John 1872
    George 1874

Frances Buggle born 1865 Kill county kildare. Father is John Thornton but Mother is MARY Buggle

Are Mary and Frances the same person?

I found John Thornton and Mary Buggles church marriage in kill 1853

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

Either John Thorton married twice, or there are two in the same parish.

Are there addresses or townland names on the baptisms ?

Do the godparents on Frances Buggle's baptism appear on any of the others ?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Elizabetha

None of the godparents are the same, not even the 4 children for john thornton and frances buggle have repeated godparents.

Frances townland is bishopscourt as was Anne, John and ellen
    Elizabeth, and george has Oughterard....

The church marriage cert for john thornton and mary buggle in 1853 is in Blackhill, if they were married in 1853 the first child not arriving until 1859 would be unusual though I know not impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

I only see one Thornton entry on Griffith's for Oughterard civil parish - a Patrick - record dated 1854. Maybe your John's father or uncle ?

And just 3 Thornton entries in total for all of Co. Kildaee..
    Would suggest to me there could be just the one family with this surname in the area...

S.

What boggles me even more now though is I have found 3 birhs for a Mary Buggle 1844, 1845 and 1846. All in Kill and all too young to have married John Thornton in 1853......

• Advertisement
Advertisement