Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seetec Job Path Letter - please

• 24-05-2021 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I received a letter from JobPath informing me about phone appointment on friday at certain time .
    I was expecting that call and being ready for it no one ever rang me.
    Does that happen?
    Will they call later any time ? Im not really looking forward to it but should I contact them on that freephone or just ignore it for now?
    Also heard not so great opinion about whole of it what can I expect on the first call?
    I am hoping to come back to education from September to retrain.
    Thank You
    any advice and share experience welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,021 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

coffeegirl wrote: »
    Hi,
    I received a letter from JobPath informing me about phone appointment on friday at certain time .
    I was expecting that call and being ready for it no one ever rang me.
    Does that happen?
    Will they call later any time ? Im not really looking forward to it but should I contact them on that freephone or just ignore it for now?
    Also heard not so great opinion about whole of it what can I expect on the first call?
    I am hoping to come back to education from September to retrain.
    Thank You
    any advice and share experience welcome

We're you just referred to this Shower, I wasn't aware new referrals were being made to seetac or Turas Nua. There's numerous posts on Boards about these two companies so search.

Bottom line you have to engage albeit completely pointless. The phone interview is just a get to know you exercise, they'll send you documentation to sign (I personally wouldn't).

In the first instance if your concerned about the phone call not happening, if there's an email address list, email them asking why, this covers any suggestion you may not have been available.

Regardless, moving forward at all times, document everything, calls, sms, emails. Adhere to requests, alway be seen to engage and never, ever sign anything. Expect harassment but do not be shy about reporting any issues to SW and local political representatives. This Jobs path has few political friends and even less by all accounts in the DSP. Good luck, not wishing to be negative, but history tells me there's nothing positive about Jobs path

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 coffeegirl

Dempo1 wrote: »
    We're you just referred to this Shower, I wasn't aware new referrals were being made to seetac or Turas Nua. There's numerous posts on Boards about these two companies so search.

Bottom line you have to engage albeit completely pointless. The phone interview is just a get to know you exercise, they'll send you documentation to sign (I personally wouldn't).

In the first instance if your concerned about the phone call not happening, if there's an email address list, email them asking why, this covers any suggestion you may not have been available.

Regardless, moving forward at all times, document everything, calls, sms, emails. Adhere to requests, alway be seen to engage and never, ever sign anything. Expect harassment but do not be shy about reporting any issues to SW and local political representatives. This Jobs path has few political friends and even less by all accounts in the DSP. Good luck, not wishing to be negative, but history tells me there's nothing positive about Jobs path

Thank You
    Yes I have done my research about it and not much positive found, I've read a lot
    But I guess not much can be done
    Just dont understand why they didnt ring despite given appointment date and exact time.
    I think I will close the JA instead of going that road :( I will be happy to find a work on my own.
    What can I tell them when I dont want to sign that thing? Im not good at those kind of things ;(

Thank You
    Yes I have done my research about it and not much positive found, I've read a lot
    But I guess not much can be done
    Just dont understand why they didnt ring despite given appointment date and exact time.
    I think I will close the JA instead of going that road :( I will be happy to find a work on my own.
    What can I tell them when I dont want to sign that thing? Im not good at those kind of things ;(

Stop, why would you close your JA, that's not necessary unless and only if you've found work.

Jobs path is only intended to offer assistance in relation to job seeking, Skills, applications. It has nothing to do with your entitlement to JSA, the only issue that may and only may arise is you not engaging with Jobs path were your payment might and only might be reduced and even that is a process in itself.

So please do not close any SW entitlement because of Jobs Path

• Registered Users Posts: 6 coffeegirl

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Stop, why would you close your JA, that's not necessary unless and only if you've found work.

Jobs path is only intended to offer assistance in relation to job seeking, Skills, applications. It has nothing to do with your entitlement to JSA, the only issue that may and only may arise is you not engaging with Jobs path were your payment might and only might be reduced and even that is a process in itself.

So please do not close any SW entitlement because of Jobs Path

Thank You Dempo You are a lot of help :) Very grateful for this!
    I will see how the things go anyway Im aiming to find full time job, would just prefer to find one myself not being found ,any, by them

Thank You Dempo You are a lot of help :) Very grateful for this!
    I will see how the things go anyway Im aiming to find full time job, would just prefer to find one myself not being found ,any, by them

Good, take your time, if your concerned about that appointment that never happened, I still think it worth emailing seetac to ask why the appointment didn't happen, this covers you re engagement concerns. Jobs path is winding down, I'm quite surprised you were referred albeit I'm sure Jobs path will be replaced with some new and hopefully better jobs activation program that works. Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Chiaraverde

Newbie here who is trying to find out as much as possible about JobPath on a friend's behalf.

In relation to the threat of penalties that is stated in all standard JobPath letters, I came across this interesting statement quoted in the Irish Examiner recently:

"The Department of Social Protection said it had suspended reduced rates of pay for all welfare payments since the beginning of the pandemic."
    Quoted in Irish Examiner, Wed 19th May 2021, Cianan Brennan, "Welfare Payments Reduced..."

Digging further, I also found this from the Minister for Social Protection during an Oireachtas debate:
    "In addition, any reduced rates of payment for non-engagement with any public employment service provider have been suspended since March 2020."
    Quoted in Oireachtas Debates, JobPath Programme, Thurs 21st Jan 2021, question 231.
    (Apologies I cannot post urls as I'm a brand new poster).

So, has anyone else found any reference to the above mentioned suspension of penalties? Anecdotally or more officially?

The DSP are actually making new JobPath referrals (utterly baffling considering the dire performance of this "service") and both DSP and Seetec's standard letters are still threatening financial penalties - but are these currently empty threats in the light of what the Minister said above?

It'd be really good for people to know the truth of the matter. Perhaps those in receipt of these referrals should get on to their local TDs ASAP and request them to ask that specific question in the Dail?

Newbie here who is trying to find out as much as possible about JobPath on a friend's behalf.

In relation to the threat of penalties that is stated in all standard JobPath letters, I came across this interesting statement quoted in the Irish Examiner recently:

"The Department of Social Protection said it had suspended reduced rates of pay for all welfare payments since the beginning of the pandemic."
    Quoted in Irish Examiner, Wed 19th May 2021, Cianan Brennan, "Welfare Payments Reduced..."

Digging further, I also found this from the Minister for Social Protection during an Oireachtas debate:
    "In addition, any reduced rates of payment for non-engagement with any public employment service provider have been suspended since March 2020."
    Quoted in Oireachtas Debates, JobPath Programme, Thurs 21st Jan 2021, question 231.
    (Apologies I cannot post urls as I'm a brand new poster).

So, has anyone else found any reference to the above mentioned suspension of penalties? Anecdotally or more officially?

The DSP are actually making new JobPath referrals (utterly baffling considering the dire performance of this "service") and both DSP and Seetec's standard letters are still threatening financial penalties - but are these currently empty threats in the light of what the Minister said above?

It'd be really good for people to know the truth of the matter. Perhaps those in receipt of these referrals should get on to their local TDs ASAP and request them to ask that specific question in the Dail?

All of the above correct but needs to be put in context.

Firstly action to suspend any reductions in a person's benifits was done early on in the pandemic but equally new referrals to this awful scheme was also stopped, furthermore the numbers actually having payment reduced were miniscule.

Those engaging have never had anything to fear but I'm aware of outrageous suspensions due to a person missing a single appointment or a person saying they were unwell, all appealed and payments reinstated.

As this dreadful scheme progressed complaints rose and the political spotlight was shun on the activities of the companies involved, this led to serious questions and enquiries and the net result was very liitle new actions reducing people's benefits were instigated . It's further worth pointing out, as no face to face activity has actually taken place for over year, the likely hood of someone not engaging or being reported for same, almost non existant.

The scheme has been extended but remains under serious scrutiny from all opposition parties and indeed some government TD'S.

I've no doubt as PUP nears an end there will be a new re twigged scheme put in place, god forbid Jobspath might be extended t
    despite the costly farce it's been.

I can not confirm if the suspension of action to reduce someone's payment has ended but given the political scrutiny and I might add evidence that the DEASP itself not happy with the Jobspath scheme, its highly unlikely anyone would face sanction, this of course seperate to someone generally acting the maggot.

As an aside as a lot of referrals being done remotely, Seetec and Turas Nua appear to be under a false impression or dillusion everyone has either good broadband, Laptop or indeed smart phone. Clients are under no obligation either to have or have access to such equipment, if these companies want to continue remotely managing this scheme, it is their obligation to supply such equipment or find another way to function. Whilst remote working may end soon, Clients should not be obliged to facilitate these companies operating remotely, especially when the DEASP substantially subsidises substantial office space, staffing and equipment by way of Fee's to these companies.

Just a final word on signing contracts with either of providers of this scheme. There is absolutely no legal requirement for anyone to sign such agreements, refusal to do so does not constitute non engagement. As I've advised before, Always engage, document everything and in relation to signing anything, Formally notify the provider by email, that you are unable to sign anything that you don't fully understand or agree with whilst emphasising in the clearest Terms, your delighted (not), for the opportunity to engage fully and look forward to the experiencing the scheme. (be careful, however not to throw up whilst typing :))

Engage, Engage, document everything, report immediately any questionable practices (harvesting resumes or sending them without permission =data breach) and do not be shy about seeking advice from local political representatives.

That's my Sunday Jobspath Thesis over :) sun has finally come out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

My buddy was referred to SEETEC and was hopeful they would help him. He has a bad history of litigation. in two different courts and what he learnt was HAVE RECORDS. He said this, he said that, then denies it etc etc. He was referred to jobpath and advised the advisor all of his calls are recorded for record purposes. They told him they did not consent but he told them they did not need to. As a party to the call, he was allowed to record the call. He also pointed out when you ring SEETEC, their machine says all calls are recorded. Quite hypoctitical ! The supervisor rang him and he explained his history and records were so so important. She agreed that they would continue with email. It has not happened! Shocking really. They are paid to help him and are not. He found a course he wanted to do. He rang the advisor and she said sounds like a good idea, but my buddy needed to talk to welfare. He emailed welfare for permission to do the course and got no reply.
    He waited a few weeks and emailed minister Humphreys. Her office replied to say he was given permission (but he wasnt) he has the records.

It is a shocking carry on. He sees jobs where a forklift licence is needed but SEETEC are being difficult and obstructive and are stopping him.

SEETEC now refuses to deal with him and he is on hold until face to face restarts.

Get yourself a Xiaomi phone and record all your calls. You may be able to get an app from the app store. This is strictly for clariffication purposes of course. There are numerous reports of SEETEC forgeting things said and done so it will help if you can refer back to who said what and when.

Advertisement